PDA

View Full Version : Orange you glad you are a Bulldog?

Todd4State
12-07-2014, 03:55 PM
This has been a great weekend for us.

First of all, we get a prestigious bowl game to go to in a marquee time slot against a team that is run heavy.

Secondly, with what the committee did to the Big 12 was good for us because I guarantee you that at the very least the Big 12 will expand to get a championship game back again. Hopefully they will take Memphis as one of those teams, which would be good for us because then they can become our power five opponent. That would be some awesome karma since the power five SEC rule is clearly aimed at us because Alabama doesn't like our schedule.

I think today will also hasten the expansion to an eight team playoff, which would improve our chances of playing for a national championship.

dickiedawg
12-07-2014, 03:58 PM
All good points. I don't know that Memphis becoming a P5 would be great for us overall but as far as scheduling goes, it would.

Drugdog
12-07-2014, 04:11 PM
Memphis is a dumpster fire. But being a p5 they can become our whipping post again.

GTHOM
12-07-2014, 04:25 PM
Memphis is a dumpster fire. But being a p5 they can become our whipping post again.

memphis has improved a lot since fuente got there, theyre not that good by any means but dumpster fire is a little far

GTHOM
12-07-2014, 04:26 PM
This has been a great weekend for us.

First of all, we get a prestigious bowl game to go to in a marquee time slot against a team that is run heavy.

Secondly, with what the committee did to the Big 12 was good for us because I guarantee you that at the very least the Big 12 will expand to get a championship game back again. Hopefully they will take Memphis as one of those teams, which would be good for us because then they can become our power five opponent. That would be some awesome karma since the power five SEC rule is clearly aimed at us because Alabama doesn't like our schedule.

I think today will also hasten the expansion to an eight team playoff, which would improve our chances of playing for a national championship.

i think the 4 team playoff is under contract for a while, but the rest i agree with completely

Todd4State
12-07-2014, 05:41 PM
memphis has improved a lot since fuente got there, theyre not that good by any means but dumpster fire is a little far

We won't beat them 56-7 or whatever like we did a few years ago. But we still should be able to handle them pretty easily.

Dawgowar
12-07-2014, 06:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwBS6QGsH_4