PDA

View Full Version : Where do we finish?

engie
12-07-2014, 03:28 PM
3 of the top 4 are guaranteed to lose.
#6 vs #8.
#5 vs #9.
5 of the top 9 are going to go down either way.

Depends on how they rank the playoff losses, I guess. But I'd think we jump both of the first round losers. If OM and Mich St win, I'd think that bumps us to #3 probably -- and not beyond reason that we'd be #2. If TCU/Baylor win, it drops us a spot each...

I'd think top 5 is almost guaranteed with a victory....

msstate7
12-07-2014, 03:35 PM
I bet the best we can do is #5. I bet the top 4 are playoff teams regardless

engie
12-07-2014, 03:38 PM
I bet the best we can do is #5. I bet the top 4 are playoff teams regardless

I could see them doing that with #1 and #2 -- but there is already doubt on who should be #3 and #4. We will leapfrog the first round losers based on strength of resume. Or at least we should.

The loser of BCS championship games have rarely finished #2 FWIW, which is the basis of what I'm going on...

msstate7
12-07-2014, 03:39 PM
I could see them doing that with #1 and #2 -- but there is already doubt on who should be #3 and #4. We will leapfrog the first round losers based on strength of resume. Or at least we should.

The loser of BCS championship games have rarely finished #2 FWIW, which is the basis of what I'm going on...

Good point

BeardoMSU
12-07-2014, 03:43 PM

Yup, all good points.