PDA

View Full Version : WTH? Did I miss the memo where we're now not supposed to post about TSUN?

blacklistedbully
12-07-2014, 02:18 PM
Not getting why the thread was locked. Have to say that sure seems like a SPS move.

CadaverDawg
12-07-2014, 02:21 PM
It was deleted because it had already been deleted by a different moderator the first time you posted it. Nobody gives a shit what Ole miss fans think about the bowls.....did you read the 10 responses to your original thread? They all said "who gives a shit". So the thread was deleted. If it was a better thread , it probably would still be up.

Posting about OM is fine....but giving them talking points that obviously get under your skin makes no sense to me. But whatever. It just kinda seemed like a "I'm obsessed with what OM fans think" type of thread to several people....so they asked us mods to delete it. Was a group decision.

Bully13
12-07-2014, 02:21 PM
I think it got locked because there's no point in crying about how ole miss is jacking off all over themselves on their boards.

it doesn't matter what they say on their boards or what we say on ours. we shit the bed at the most important time in our football history in oxfart. no matter how ridiculous you say their comments are, our coaches and players allowed it to happen by not putting forth the preparation and effort at that most crucial juncture.

we are getting what we deserve and hopefully a lesson has been learned. time to just take it and move on.

blacklistedbully
12-07-2014, 02:24 PM
It was deleted because it had already been deleted by a different moderator the first time you posted it. Nobody gives a shit what Ole miss fans think about the bowls.....did you read the 10 responses to your original thread? They all said "who gives a shit". So the thread was deleted. If it was a better thread , it probably would still be up.

No, I didn't see the original one get locked, I didn't see it at all. I thought I'd failed to submit it, that's why I did it "again".

In any case, who gives a shit about what others want to agree or not. i just really don't want to see this place turn into SPS 2. There's a damn good reason most of us are here instead of there.

Bully13
12-07-2014, 02:27 PM
you're misinterpreting things black listed. it has nothing to do with being nice to tsun.

CadaverDawg
12-07-2014, 02:28 PM
No, I didn't see the original one get locked, I didn't see it at all. I thought I'd failed to submit it, that's why I did it "again".

In any case, who gives a shit about what others want to agree or not. i just really don't want to see this place turn into SPS 2. There's a damn good reason most of us are here instead of there.

Yea, it won't turn in to SPS because of that thread getting deleted. You can post about OM. Any threads that aren't good are subject to getting deleted...whether they're about OM or MSU or anything else. The thread was deemed "not worth having" by a group of people, so it was deleted. Don't read too deep into it. It's really that simple, and nothing to get worked up about

blacklistedbully
12-07-2014, 02:31 PM
Oh, and for the record, I've seen many threads on here that I thought were foolish/stupid, etc, and have a couple of posters I have on ignore because they are just too damned obnoxious to follow. But not once have I thought their threads should be locked or banned due to their opinion differing from mine.

Rather, I've always felt locks should be reserved for stuff like posts by TSUN trolls, and posts from our own if it does something like bash a recruit in a way that makes our university look bad. Beyond that, you're slipping into SPS territory.

CadaverDawg
12-07-2014, 02:35 PM
Oh, and for the record, I've seen many threads on here that I thought were foolish/stupid, etc, and have a couple of posters I have on ignore because they are just too damned obnoxious to follow. But not once have I thought their threads should be locked or banned due to their opinion differing from mine.

Rather, I've always felt locks should be reserved for stuff like posts by TSUN trolls, and posts from our own if it does something like bash a recruit in a way that makes our university look bad. Beyond that, you're slipping into SPS territory.

Well, I have to disagree. Nowhere near "SPS territory", just don't want to see your obsessive Ole Miss posts talking about what you THINK OM fans will say. Because nobody cares. You are making this a WAY bigger deal than it has to be. But suit yourself.

blacklistedbully
12-07-2014, 02:45 PM
Well, I have to disagree. Nowhere near "SPS territory", just don't want to see your obsessive Ole Miss posts talking about what you THINK OM fans will say. Because nobody cares. You are making this a WAY bigger deal than it has to be. But suit yourself.

I don't actually give a shit about that thread. It's not a topic I consider "important". It was just one of those innocuous things that just crossed my mind, so I wondered if it was a common thought. Screw that thread, not important.

What is important is that this place not morph into something else. If you lock threads for a pretty damned small reason (and it was a really small reason), it can at least lead to the perception that things may be changing around here, where a few "entitled" regulars with some power making decisions that may seem petty, if not actually an effort to suppress certain topics.

The way this board has functioned is important, as it clearly came about as a resource for people who got sick of the BS happening at SPS. Though I don't really care about the aforementioned thread being locked, I do care about the reason it was locked. I also care if certain people with power perhaps develop an ax-to-grind versus others who have disagreed with them on other topics or threads.

CadaverDawg
12-07-2014, 02:50 PM
I don't actually give a shit about that thread. It's not a topic I consider "important". It was just one of those innocuous things that just crossed my mind, so I wondered if it was a common thought. Screw that thread, not important.

What is important is that this place not morph into something else. If you lock threads for a pretty damned small reason (and it was a really small reason), it can at least lead to the perception that things may be changing around here, where a few "entitled" regulars with some power making decisions that may seem petty, if not actually an effort to suppress certain topics.

The way this board has functioned is important, as it clearly came about as a resource for people who got sick of the BS happening at SPS. Though I don't really care about the aforementioned thread being locked, I do care about the reason it was locked. I also care if certain people with power perhaps develop an ax-to-grind versus others who have disagreed with them on other topics or threads.

Ok, thanks for your concern.

Doesn't look like many others had a problem with it getting removed. Trust me, the board isn't changing....we always delete bad threads. Yours was just the most recent. You are blowing this way way way out of proportion. Nobody is deleting threads about OM because they are about OM....we're deleting threads that are bad. You're reading more into the "reason" than you should be.