PDA

View Full Version : Simulated BCS Rankings

TheRef
12-07-2014, 01:51 PM
It will be interesting to see if the Top 25 is the same...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4RhMgLCIAAww1M.jpg:large

dickiedawg
12-07-2014, 01:54 PM
This just legitimizes the committee's actions, to me.
It's not "we were penalized for not playing a championship game" or "the committee is biased toward big-name programs".

msstate7
12-07-2014, 02:05 PM
If they stick to this, we'll be in Miami

Dawgowar
12-07-2014, 02:05 PM
And the BCS formula was set u p to help the big schools as well. Just adds doubt to the integrity of the new process itself.

DudyDawg
12-07-2014, 02:07 PM
Anyone seen the new vegas top ten? That's usually pretty damn spot on IMO

dawgs
12-07-2014, 02:09 PM
when i saw that ohio st played 9 bowl eligible teams, while tcu only played 7 and baylor 6, i knew ohio st was getting in. that's a pretty big difference in week to week competition over only a 12-13 game season.

scottycameron
12-07-2014, 02:12 PM
It will be interesting to see if the Top 25 is the same...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4RhMgLCIAAww1M.jpg:large

Herbie must put together those BCS rankings.**

Lumpy Chucklelips
12-07-2014, 02:14 PM
Look at the top 8 here for a playoff....

#1 Alabama vs. #8 Michigan St.
#2 Fla. St. vs. #7 Miss. St.
#3 Oregon vs. #6 Baylor
#4 Ohio St. vs. #5 TCU

All either 1 or 2 loss teams. The #9 team has 3 losses. No bitching/complaining; no muss/no fuss. Play first round in the Orange, Peach, Cotton, Fiesta. Second round in Rose, Sugar. Championship in AT&T stadium. Rinse, repeat the next year.

sleepy dawg
12-07-2014, 02:17 PM
And the BCS formula was set u p to help the big schools as well. Just adds doubt to the integrity of the new process itself.

Wha?!?! Please explain, unless you are referring to the Coaches and Harris/AP poll part of it.

scottycameron
12-07-2014, 02:19 PM
Wha?!?! Please explain, unless you are referring to the Coaches and Harris/AP poll part of it.

not to mention we ARE the big school. We are the SECWest. We should want it biased towards us anyway.

sleepy dawg
12-07-2014, 02:20 PM
Look at the top 8 here for a playoff....

#1 Alabama vs. #8 Michigan St.
#2 Fla. St. vs. #7 Miss. St.
#3 Oregon vs. #6 Baylor
#4 Ohio St. vs. #5 TCU

All either 1 or 2 loss teams. The #9 team has 3 losses. No bitching/complaining; no muss/no fuss. Play first round in the Orange, Peach, Cotton, Fiesta. Second round in Rose, Sugar. Championship in AT&T stadium. Rinse, repeat the next year.

There will always be bitching/complaining and muss/fuss. There are 68 teams in the college basketball tournament, and the bitching is still relentless.

Political Hack
12-07-2014, 02:25 PM
So, according to the BCS the highest ranked:

1-loss team, Bama
2-loss team, State
3-loss team, Ole Miss
4-loss team, Auburn
5-loss team, not one listed
6-loss team, Arkansas

Anyone see a pattern here?

sleepy dawg
12-07-2014, 02:27 PM
So, according to the BCS the highest ranked:

1-loss team, Bama
2-loss team, State
3-loss team, Ole Miss
4-loss team, Auburn
5-loss team, not one listed
6-loss team, Arkansas

Anyone see a pattern here?

LSU is a 4 loss team and right below Auburn too.

Lumpy Chucklelips
12-07-2014, 02:35 PM
There will always be bitching/complaining and muss/fuss. There are 68 teams in the college basketball tournament, and the bitching is still relentless.

I know what you're saying, and I agree about there will always be complaining, but there isn't much justification in a 3 loss team complaining about getting in over a 2 loss team. Would just be a much cleaner process in my opinion. And since it's always about money/ratings, etc., now you have 8 teams vying for a championship, giving more meaning to two additional bowls over the next three weeks.

Dawgowar
12-07-2014, 02:38 PM
not to mention we ARE the big school. We are the SECWest. We should want it biased towards us anyway.

Okay, my reference is to the top four being the same. And since it would have dropped us out of that, as you consider your next comments to troll, we would have been bumped from the final four had we beaten TSUN. Unless we are reading something different that top four matches what is on ESPN from the committee (so far as the four teams, not order). They would have bumped us.