PDA

View Full Version : CFP Selection Thread

Bucky Dog
12-07-2014, 12:33 PM
Here we go!

DLGDawg
12-07-2014, 12:35 PM
Was just going to do the same thing.....finna be some broken hearts.

Here we go!

TheRef
12-07-2014, 12:35 PM
Tom Rinaldi is in Waco....they're not going to be in....

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2014, 12:37 PM
Tom Rinaldi is in Waco....they're not going to be in....

LOL. Good one.

Bucky Dog
12-07-2014, 12:38 PM
Look how they are trying to make it look better for OSU. Record versus top 60!!! Haha. Give me a break

DLGDawg
12-07-2014, 12:42 PM
Yeah the OSU love is sickening.

Look how they are trying to make it look better for OSU. Record versus top 60!!! Haha. Give me a break

Bucky Dog
12-07-2014, 12:44 PM
Damn! Ohio State. What a scam!

DLGDawg
12-07-2014, 12:44 PM
And there it is....

CadaverDawg
12-07-2014, 12:45 PM
Coward move by the committee. Back to the computers

TUSK
about to be some gnashing of teeth....

CadaverDawg
Haha, I knew they'd puss out

Smitty
Travesty

Smitty
12-07-2014, 12:46 PM
I hope Bama beats them by 80

CadaverDawg
What a joke. It's a politically subjective joke.

TUSK
Urban just took a bottle of nitro and chased it with a half gallon of Maalox.

ScottH
12-07-2014, 12:47 PM
How does TCU drop from 3-6 and win huge?

Bucky Dog
Please Bama beat the ever loving shit out of OSU, and I hate to say this but I hope FSU mauls Oregon!

ShotgunDawg
I wonder if the Big 12 will fire their commissioner. Can't help but wonder if he would've names Baylor the champ, if Baylor would've gotten in

Charlie_Sheen420
State would have been screwed with a 11-1 record.....by the suckeyes

Smitty
12-07-2014, 12:48 PM

Exactly.. Y'all didn't think they'd be political… "They don't listen to the media" yeah ****ing right.

We would have been left out.

VandelayIndustries

This is what I don't get

Sacrifice
That's F-in BS!!! No doubt to me, we would've been jumped now!!

Bucky Dog
If OSU had lost to VT the 9th game of the year instead of the 3rd would they still be in??

TUSK
I wonder if the Big 12 will fire their commissioner. Can't help but wonder if he would've names Baylor the champ, if Baylor would've gotten in

great point... it was totally mishandled... esp after the "One True Champion" campaign...

VandelayIndustries
Exactly.. Y'all didn't think they'd be political… "They don't listen to the media" yeah ****ing right.

We would have been left out.

Oh yea. there is no doubt we would have been out

DLGDawg
12-07-2014, 12:49 PM
Jumped over to the Baylor 247 site....first 2 theads was....FIRE (forgot the AD's name already lol) the AD.

CadaverDawg
12-07-2014, 12:49 PM
TCU got screwed the most, because the committee had them at 3 last week, and they drop 3 spots after winning 55-3? Ha, committee blew it.

Drugdog
12-07-2014, 12:50 PM
I truly despise Herbstriet and Kannel. Their agenda is beyond obvious.

msstate7
12-07-2014, 12:50 PM
There should only be one poll next year after the champuonship games. All the other polls mean nothing

Smitty
12-07-2014, 12:51 PM
There should only be one poll next year after the champuonship games. All the other polls mean nothing

Yep

Quaoarsking
12-07-2014, 12:52 PM
I spent months saying the Committee would be fair and honest and not political and not care about rankings and $$$.

And now I look like a jackass. I'm taking this as a personal betrayal.

Still better than the BCS though.

CadaverDawg
I truly despise Herbstriet and Kannel. Their agenda is beyond obvious.

Yep, I used to be ok with Herbie....but not anymore. **** that POS. He wants to wipe the Va Tech off the map because the OL was gelling? Ha, everybody is breaking in new players. A loss is a ****ing loss

DudyDawg
Tcu shouldn't have been in the discussion. Baylor beat them, they are out. I think Baylor should be in over OSU, but frankly what Ohio state yesterday was impressive. More importantly, what they did was in a conference title game and Baylor was playing just another game. That was the tie breaker IMO.

Sacrifice
Looks like OSU will be guaranteed a playoff spot every year, playing in that weak ass conference.

DudyDawg
12-07-2014, 12:53 PM

Never gonna happen. People watch these reveal shows, they'll keep doing it

CadaverDawg
12-07-2014, 12:53 PM
Looks like OSU will be guaranteed a playoff spot every year, playing in that weak ass conference.

This. Tell me again why we're supposed to play a tougher schedule?? Ohio State doesn't have to, why should we?

Smitty
12-07-2014, 12:54 PM
Can we schedule Ohio State next year?

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2014, 12:54 PM
One true champion? What a joke. Them putting OSU in blew that out of the water. It's ALL politics. Bring back the BCS

scottycameron
12-07-2014, 12:55 PM
we would have been in over OSU. Baylor and TCU aren't comparable to us. We were a lock with one loss to #1. Absolute lock. We may have been #2.

Charlie_Sheen420
12-07-2014, 12:56 PM
Anyone think the Ohio State game may have been fixed?

Smitty
12-07-2014, 12:57 PM
This ****er keeps talking about Ohio State "overcoming" TCU and Baylor.. TCU won by 50 too!!!

The biggest joke is them having TCU 3rd. If Ohio State jumped TCU they also jump Florida State!!!!!!!!

Smitty
12-07-2014, 12:57 PM
we would have been in over OSU. Baylor and TCU aren't comparable to us. We were a lock with one loss to #1. Absolute lock. We may have been #2.

Bullshit. They're making the conference championship arguments now… A ****ing joke.

CadaverDawg
12-07-2014, 12:58 PM
This ****er keeps talking about Ohio State "overcoming" TCU and Baylor.. TCU won by 50 too!!!

The biggest joke is them having TCU 3rd. If Ohio State jumped TCU they also jump Florida State!!!!!!!!

Exactly. That's why I say TCU got screwed the most. In 5 days they got bumped from #3 to #6 by winning 55-3!

DudyDawg
12-07-2014, 12:59 PM
I don't understand the "political" crap. It's not political. Two teams had very similar resumes. One is a conference champ. One doesn't play a championship game and thus is in a tie for that title. I don't think its political at all, they just put more stock in a conference title than some of you may like. There's no big conspiracy going on. I think Baylor should be in, but let's not act like they put in a 3 loss team over a one loss team or anything.

mstatefan91
Oh well, Saban will just spank another Urban team.

Smitty
"If you're evaluating total body of work how does it change in one week?"

Jeff Long: "Well, it didn't"

**** Arkansas, **** the committee..

Sacrifice
12-07-2014, 01:01 PM
I don't see how the SEC will ever get more than one team in this playoff. You pretty much have to be a undefeated or one loss conference champion.

DudyDawg
12-07-2014, 01:01 PM
Exactly. That's why I say TCU got screwed the most. In 5 days they got bumped from #3 to #6 by winning 55-3!

Beating wisconsin (10-3) 59-0 > beating Iowa state (2-10) 55-3. Tcu shouldn't be in discussion when they lost to another team competing for it

Smitty
12-07-2014, 01:02 PM
Only thing we can hope for is Bama to murder Ohio State.

Herbie is right just there, we need to drop Northwestern State NOW!

AlmostPositive
12-07-2014, 01:02 PM
Good to know that the Egg Bowl loss didn't cost us a playoff appearance... we would have been passed over if we had won by thirty points.

Smitty
12-07-2014, 01:03 PM
Beating wisconsin (10-3) 59-0 > beating Iowa state (2-10) 55-3. Tcu shouldn't be in discussion when they lost to another team competing for it

Baylor and Ohio St lost to teams NOT IN THE DISCUSSION

DLGDawg
12-07-2014, 01:03 PM
Cadaver, I'm like you....I liked Herbie at one point..but now he can go sit on a shovel.

Smitty
12-07-2014, 01:05 PM
Since the mid-tier bowls are now EQUAL we need to get away from scheduling 40 point wins NOW!

We need 2 power 5 non-con every year. Be it Indiana, Kansas, Wake, Duke, IDGAF! Better for fans too.. No more 1-AA! No more multiple directional sun belt/CUSA schools

Drugdog
12-07-2014, 01:06 PM
Herbstriet now LECTURING About scheduling tougher opponents for everything else.
Fu you piece if shit. Saban don't let your foot off their neck.

CadaverDawg
12-07-2014, 01:06 PM

Then they should not have been #3 last week!

TheRef
12-07-2014, 01:08 PM
The problem about this whole thing is that they released weekly rankings. Don't release weekly rankings (AKA be like the basketball committee) and VIOLA! You don't get the controversy of having to explain away dropping TCU from 3 to 6 with a 50 point win. That's where they went wrong. No weekly rankings, easier PR for the committee.

Bucky Dog
12-07-2014, 01:09 PM
And like I said earlier if OSU had lost to VT 3 weeks ago instead of the third week, do you think OSU is still in? I don't!

CadaverDawg
12-07-2014, 01:10 PM
I don't understand the "political" crap. It's not political. Two teams had very similar resumes. One is a conference champ. One doesn't play a championship game and thus is in a tie for that title. I don't think its political at all, they just put more stock in a conference title than some of you may like. There's no big conspiracy going on. I think Baylor should be in, but let's not act like they put in a 3 loss team over a one loss team or anything.

What?

If Baylor and TCU were going to have the lack of a Conference Championship held against them....why even play games this year? According to the committee's logic, they never had a damn chance. Ohio State lost to a shitty team AT HOME! The worst loss out of any team in the Top 10, much less the top 6. Ohio State doesn't deserve to be in. And for Herbie to keep talking about Baylor's OOC SOS is a ****ing joke.....why? Because even with that pathetic OOC schedule, they still had the same OVERALL SOS that Ohio state had! So what does that tell you about Herbie's Buckeye's IN CONFERENCE schedule. They are doing nothing but keying in on things that fit the agenda.

CadaverDawg
The problem about this whole thing is that they released weekly rankings. Don't release weekly rankings (AKA be like the basketball committee) and VIOLA! You don't get the controversy of having to explain away dropping TCU from 3 to 6 with a 50 point win. That's where they went wrong. No weekly rankings, easier PR for the committee.

Yep.

CadaverDawg
And like I said earlier if OSU had lost to VT 3 weeks ago instead of the third week, do you think OSU is still in? I don't!

Exactly right

TheRef
12-07-2014, 01:11 PM
Oh Lord...I'm going to keep watching just to see Art Briles and Gary Patterson spit hot fire on live TV.

*grabs popcorn*

Bucky Dog
12-07-2014, 01:11 PM
Tusk, though many on here don't like Bama, I'm sure most are wanting a 59-0 dredging of the Buckeyes!! Roll Tide!

defiantdog
12-07-2014, 01:12 PM
Herbstriet now LECTURING About scheduling tougher opponents for everything else.
Fu you piece if shit. Saban don't let your foot off their neck.

Ohio State had a weak ooc schedule as well. And they lost to a pitiful VT team. They should have kept the BCS but took the top 4 out of the BCS and made a playoff. I've said this committee crap has been a joke since the beginning. It's all about money. I'm just glad a bunch of you are finally seeing the real picture.

Charlie_Sheen420
Since the mid-tier bowls are now EQUAL we need to get away from scheduling 40 point wins NOW!

We need 2 power 5 non-con every year. Be it Indiana, Kansas, Wake, Duke, IDGAF! Better for fans too.. No more 1-AA! No more multiple directional sun belt/CUSA schools

The sad thing about that is there will probably be a lot more UAB situational shutdowns due to it, those paid for games bring the small schools some $ they really need. It's all a ****ed up situation

State82
Good to know that the Egg Bowl loss didn't cost us a playoff appearance... we would have been passed over if we had won by thirty points.

I never understood how anyone thought that would be the case anyway. If you paid any attention at all to the rhetoric from the people who analyze this stuff every day all day and some of the comments regarding written guidelines under which the committee was working, there was no way we were in. I also think Mullen realized it too. He's not stupid.

DudyDawg
Then they should not have been #3 last week!

Why?? Ohio state hadn't played Wisconsin yet and didn't hold a conference crown. Now they do, tcu and Baylor dont. I think they did well. All along they kept Baylor behind bc they hadn't played the better big 12 teams. Once they had the exact same resume, the head to head put them past tcu. They did rankings on what had happened, not who the teams were going to play. I think it was brave to say "okay, tcu is here now, but the resumes aren't complete. Now that they are, Ohio states is better bc it's roughly the same and included a conference title." Last weeks ranking shouldn't hold serve. Things change. I'm fine with it. Even tho I ****ing hate Ohio state. All three teams had good parts, all three had flaws

Smitty
12-07-2014, 01:13 PM
Struggle city vs Penn State, Indiana, Michigan….

LOSS to VT.

Bama win BIG please.. Shut Herbie the **** up. Love to see egg on that face after a 55-0 beatdown

Dawgowar
12-07-2014, 01:15 PM
Oh Lord...I'm going to keep watching just to see Art Briles and Gary Patterson spit hot fire on live TV.

*grabs popcorn*

Why? Their dipshit conference let Texas have a higher % of the gate than the other schools.
Their conference let Texas have it's own network and lose three of their better teams.
The Texas and A&M rivalry - GONE. Nebraska - OU - GONE
Their conference lost their clout when that happened.
The refused to have a championship game.
They demand to be equal - they are not.

That said, Ohio State jumping that many spots is horseshit.

MabenMaroon
12-07-2014, 01:16 PM
ABSOLUTE GARBAGE!!!

TheRef
12-07-2014, 01:16 PM

Actually NCAA rules prohibit a conference championship game if you have less than 12 teams....

DudyDawg
12-07-2014, 01:17 PM
Baylor and Ohio St lost to teams NOT IN THE DISCUSSION

So tcu should be in over a team in the exact same conference who BEAT THEM??? No way. If tcu lost to oklahoma or someone else that wasn't in discussion, they may be in. But they lost to Baylor. No way you can put them ahead of Baylor when there is a box score showing Baylor is better.

Or even better. If Baylor loses yesterday, I think tcu gets in. No way tcu could get in over Baylor. Baylor should be in, but they dont hold the conference title game win that osu does, which is clearly valuable for the committee.

This is exactly why we need this to go to 8 ASAP

TheRef
12-07-2014, 01:18 PM
Oh....well....uhmmm...this is awkward.

RT @slmandel: Bill Hancock says committee hasn't finished the Top 25 yet. Will after Long finishes his press conference.

scottycameron
12-07-2014, 01:18 PM
Why? Their dipshit conference let Texas have a higher % of the gate than the other schools.
Their conference let Texas have it's own network and lose three of their better teams.

I don't think they can have a championship game.

Bucky Dog
12-07-2014, 01:21 PM
And here come Profether Holths and his ethernal withdum!!

Dawgowar
12-07-2014, 01:23 PM
I don't think they can have a championship game.

They had two or three seasons to get to 12. This arrangement did not just jump up and bite them this season. My point is their lack of clout is of their own doing. Go look at the things OU and Texas were saying about the SEC when all the Longhorn Network/Reallignment talk started happening. They looked down their noses at both Nebraska and A&M bailing. They should have fixed their situation.

Again though, the joke of this is not that the Big 12 got hosed, it is that the TV executives got brand name recognition. We have to go 13-0 to taste this just like we would have under the BCS. As the Talking Heads song went - "same as it ever was, same as it ever was..."

defiantdog
12-07-2014, 01:24 PM

Head to head, the BIG 12 may be better than the BIG 10. The top 4 teams in the BIG 12 are #5 Baylor, #6 TCU, #9 KSU and #20 Oklahoma, The top 4 teams in the BIG 10 are #4 OSU, #8 MSU, #13 Wisconsin and Unranked Nebraska. But not having a conference championship killed Baylor and TCU. I guess the playoff system wasn't the answer..... at least not for a top 4 playoff system.

TUSK
12-07-2014, 01:26 PM
Tusk, though many on here don't like Bama, I'm sure most are wanting a 59-0 dredging of the Buckeyes!! Roll Tide!

I'm forming up to pour some more sidewalk as I type this...

new Bandwagon is on order!

DudyDawg
12-07-2014, 01:28 PM
Head to head, the BIG 12 may be better than the BIG 10. The top 4 teams in the BIG 12 are #5 Baylor, #6 TCU, #9 KSU and #20 Oklahoma, The top 4 teams in the BIG 10 are #4 OSU, #8 MSU, #13 Wisconsin and Unranked Nebraska. But not having a conference championship killed Baylor and TCU. I guess the playoff system wasn't the answer..... at least not for a top 4 playoff system.
Those are pretty much the same. OU about to be unranked, wiscy and K state with three loses. Not much seperation there. I agree big 12 is better, but not by much. At least not enough to neutralize osu having the title and the Big 12 teams sharing

scottycameron
12-07-2014, 01:31 PM
They had two or three seasons to get to 12. This arrangement did not just jump up and bite them this season. My point is their lack of clout is of their own doing. Go look at the things OU and Texas were saying about the SEC when all the Longhorn Network/Reallignment talk started happening. They looked down their noses at both Nebraska and A&M bailing. They should have fixed their situation.

Again though, the joke of this is not that the Big 12 got hosed, it is that the TV executives got brand name recognition. We have to go 13-0 to taste this just like we would have under the BCS. As the Talking Heads song went - "same as it ever was, same as it ever was..."

not true at all, we could go 12-1 and be in it, 4 team or old BCS, either way. go 12-1 with the SEC crown and we are a lock. Bama did it and is sitting at #1. We would be in the same spot.
Quit playing the victim. I'm waiting on y'all to break into a hands up don't shoot demonstration here in a minute. Nobody is out to get us, just the opposite actually, the SEC is at an advantage in everybody's eyes. Check out where the committee had sec teams ranked, including us. They had us at 1 until we lost, hell they had OM at 2, didn't they?

Dawgowar
12-07-2014, 01:37 PM
Big 12 Commissioner stating he wished the lack of a CG hurting them would have been stated. They will re-look.

I want the damn "Only Conference Champions Rule" stated clearly by the committee myself. Don't even try and put Notre Dame in play - no conference, 12 games, screw's. Don't even play.

The SEC needs to reconsider this deal before we get hosed by this process.

scottycameron
12-07-2014, 01:40 PM
Big 12 Commissioner stating he wished the lack of a CG hurting them would have been stated. They will re-look.

I want the damn "Only Conference Champions Rule" stated clearly by the committee myself. Don't even try and put Notre Dame in play - no conference, 12 games, screw's. Don't even play.

The SEC needs to reconsider this deal before we get hosed by this process.

Why???? That would mean a champion of a terrible conference trumps a great SEC team that didn't win the conference! Screw that. Conference champions are not created equal.

shoeless joe
12-07-2014, 01:45 PM
not true at all, we could go 12-1 and be in it, 4 team or old BCS, either way. go 12-1 with the SEC crown and we are a lock. Bama did it and is sitting at #1. We would be in the same spot.
Quit playing the victim. I'm waiting on y'all to break into a hands up don't shoot demonstration here in a minute. Nobody is out to get us, just the opposite actually, the SEC is at an advantage in everybody's eyes. Check out where the committee had sec teams ranked, including us. They had us at 1 until we lost, hell they had OM at 2, didn't they?

This is correct.

I absolutely hate that Ohio state is in because it legitimizes all these clowns that just push an agenda, but in the end I don't think it shows anything other than the fact that the committee picked who THEY THOUGHT were the 4 best teams.

Dawgowar
12-07-2014, 01:47 PM

Not playing a victim. Why don't you take your black robe off. Had we been sitting there with the loss to Bama and a decent or marginal win over TSUN they would have dropped us for OSU. They just showed that. Hence the 13-0 comment.

And referring to me as a Ferguson protestor - you piece of utter shit. I have paid my dues upholding the laws of this land. As has my family. You can take your flip comment and shove it.

Dawgowar
12-07-2014, 01:49 PM
Why???? That would mean a champion of a terrible conference trumps a great SEC team that didn't win the conference! Screw that. Conference champions are not created equal.

Because making them acknowledge the rule means they can't lead people on for 8 weeks that they will consider anything else...can you follow a line of thought?

Added - I understand lousy conferences should not trump a great team but the fact is the committee just showed they ARE going to do that. Set the rules and tell everybody that unless they win their title the committee, in reality is not going to consider them for the final four teams. It is what they are doing now without stating it.

Bucky Dog
12-07-2014, 01:49 PM
So we are up to 8 in AP and OM is 9th. AP has it correct with Baylor 4th,