PDA

View Full Version : If I were placing the teams in bowls

1bigdawg
12-07-2014, 10:09 AM
The top four would remain unchanged.

I would put OSU and Baylor in the Cotton in the "should have been in" bowl.
Work it out so that State goes to play GT in the Orange by having us jump MichSU.
Put TSUN in the Peach against MichSU
Put Georgia/Kansas State in the Fiesta against BSU.

If you keep us out of the Orange, then either us or TSUN will be playing in Arizona and it is difficult to avoid same conference opponents. I don't believe anyone thinks Arizona is better than Georgia or KSU.

1bigdawg
12-07-2014, 10:16 AM
On the Arizona issue, they lost to Oregon worse than Mizzou lost to Alabama. What is the justification for putting them in over Missouri, Georgia, or KSU? That is what it comes down to and the only argument is conference balance, which the committee is not supposed to consider.

Mjoelner34
12-07-2014, 10:28 AM
I think it's definitely down to Arizona and UGA for the last spot. I don't know how much emphasis they are going to put on making it to your conference championship game, strength of schedule or the fact that while both have 3 losses, Arizona does have 10 wins. If Georgia gets in, we get the Fiesta since Ole Miss already played Boise this year. If Arizona gets in, it's either the Cotton or Peach for us and I would guess Peach since Ole Miss already played there this year.

Radddawg
12-07-2014, 11:47 AM
If Georgia gets in, we get the Fiesta

We arent getting a Fiesta Bowl bid. Us and TSUN will get the Cotton and Peach. I dont care who we play but I'd prefer it not to be Baylor cause they would probably torch our secondary. Not saying we we wouldnt win 45-38 anyway cause we definitely could but I dont like the idea of playing Baylor in Dallas.