PDA

View Full Version : I'm guessing we play either TCU or Michigan State in Peach

blacklistedbully
12-07-2014, 12:54 AM
Based on the Orange, Peach, Cotton & Fiesta being considered equal this year, here's what I'm thinking:

If Ohio State goes to playoff, I think we draw TCU (possibly Baylor) in the Peach. I think Baylor will get the Cotton due to tie-breaker as B12 Champ, with a nod to the CB being for a non-NC B12 Champ, and will play Michigan State. If the committee is looking for best matchups based on their rankings, then they could put Ole Miss in the Orange versus GT.

I think if TCU or Baylor goes in the playoff over Ohio State, then we wind up playing Michigan State in the Peach. Here's why:

Ohio State would play whichever of TCU/Baylor (probably TCU) didn't make FF in the Cotton.
I don't think they'd put Michigan State in the Orange vs GT because that would leave them having to match us up in the Peach vs another SEC, or pass over OM, & UGA for a Wisconsin team that will surely drop far down due to the ass-whipping they received tonight, or a K-State that lost tonight. Will they really want to pass over a couple of SEC teams to put a #8 MSU vs a #11-ish KSU or #17 or so Wisconsin? And if they did, what are they gonna do with #9 TSUN & "10 UGA?

I believe Wisconsin's ass-whipping tonight will drop them out of these bowls.

I also think there's a very good chance TSUN ends up in the Orange either way, though the committee may well change that up due to them playing each other in a bowl last year. If that happens, I wouldn't be shocked to see UGA going to the Orange instead of TSUN.

ETA, just remembered GT & UGA play each other, so UGA not likely to supplant Ole Miss. Now that I think about it, we might just get moved to the Orange due to Ole Miss playing GT in a bowl last year.

dickiedawg
12-07-2014, 01:11 AM
The Orange Bowl will be either MSU or MSU vs GT, unless FSU misses the playoff and it will be an MSU vs FSU. That's the one bowl that there's really no guesswork to.

RIdog
12-07-2014, 01:30 AM
FWIW , Jerry Palm has us playing Baylor in the Cotton Bowl .

KB21
12-07-2014, 01:45 AM
How will the bowl pay outs work this year? I'm wondering, because I've read where the Orange Bowl has an $18,000,000 pay out whereas the Cotton and Peach Bowls are between $2.8 million and $3.5 million or so. If this is the case, it would be a shame to have Georgia Tech and Michigan State in the Orange Bowl with a higher pay out when they are probably the two weakest teams not named Boise State that will be in the access bowls.

We are the best 2 loss team in the country, IMO, and it isn't close. Heck, Mississippi State is better than at least 2 of the teams that will be in the play off.

CadaverDawg
12-07-2014, 02:13 AM
How will the bowl pay outs work this year? I'm wondering, because I've read where the Orange Bowl has an $18,000,000 pay out whereas the Cotton and Peach Bowls are between $2.8 million and $3.5 million or so. If this is the case, it would be a shame to have Georgia Tech and Michigan State in the Orange Bowl with a higher pay out when they are probably the two weakest teams not named Boise State that will be in the access bowls.

We are the best 2 loss team in the country, IMO, and it isn't close. Heck, Mississippi State is better than at least 2 of the teams that will be in the play off.

I thought the Orange, Fiesta, Peach, and Cotton all paid the same? And I thought all were in the 20 million range? Am I wrong on that?

mstatefan91
12-07-2014, 02:23 AM
I thought the Orange, Fiesta, Peach, and Cotton all paid the same? And I thought all were in the 20 million range? Am I wrong on that?

You are correct 18 million payout for each

KB21
12-07-2014, 09:43 AM
You are correct 18 million payout for each

OK. The website I saw the payouts must be using the previous year's payouts then.