PDA

View Full Version : are we recruiting 2016 Octavious Cooley very hard?

drummerdawg
12-06-2014, 11:27 PM
He plays for Laurel and seems legit.

Todd4State
12-06-2014, 11:30 PM
Yes. He's arguably the top player in the state and top TE prospect in the country. He's the kind of player that can play and contribute right away.

HoopsDawg
12-06-2014, 11:31 PM
He plays for Laurel and seems legit.

Yes, us and every other team from the SEC West.

drummerdawg
12-06-2014, 11:34 PM
Yes, us and every other team from the SEC West.

yea I don't know anything about him but I watch his team play in the state championship game tonight and he stood out. Are we looking good with him or is it too early for that?

Todd4State
12-06-2014, 11:38 PM
It's too soon to know. I think we are doing OK with him from what I understand, but I'm expecting a battle. The good news is TE is probably going to be a need for us unless Dixon, Walley or a JUCO breaks out next year.

engie
12-07-2014, 12:16 AM
Yes, everyone in the country is recruiting him hard...

A very, very good receiver class in state next year. 4 or 5 total studs.

dawgclub99
12-07-2014, 12:26 AM
It was rumored that OM was leading a while back, but I have not heard anything since. He is a monster.

engie
12-07-2014, 12:45 AM
It was rumored that OM was leading a while back, but I have not heard anything since. He is a monster.

That never came from our end. David Johnson has Crystal Balled for every single 2016 MS player to OM -- just like he had all the 2015 guys last year. At one point or another, he had all of the top 10 predicted to OM. We're going to probably end up with 7 of those guys...

Way too early to know one way or another in recruiting...

Todd4State
12-07-2014, 12:48 AM
That never came from our end. David Johnson has Crystal Balled for every single 2016 MS player to OM -- just like he had all the 2015 guys last year. At one point or another, he had all of the top 10 predicted to OM. We're going to probably end up with 7 of those guys...

Way too early to know one way or another in recruiting...

It's fascinating the lengths that they will go to trying to make our fans bad mouth a player.

Or maybe it's just arrogance.

bulldawg28
12-07-2014, 07:37 AM
It's fascinating the lengths that they will go to trying to make our fans bad mouth a player.

It doesn't take much MSU fans bash and whine about everything.

defiantdog
12-07-2014, 08:55 AM
Cooley will probably be the recruit from MS that goes outside of the state. Look for a Leo Lewis type recruitment where he'll change his mind a lot and rarely talk to reporters.

On a different note: I really hope we somehow pull Leo. His commitment would solidify the best class for MSU ever.

msstate7
12-07-2014, 09:19 AM
Cooley will probably be the recruit from MS that goes outside of the state. Look for a Leo Lewis type recruitment where he'll change his mind a lot and rarely talk to reporters.

On a different note: I really hope we somehow pull Leo. His commitment would solidify the best class for MSU ever.

Leo, rankin, swain, and Campbell and I'll be ecstatic

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2014, 11:26 AM

It's smart recruiting. We fall for it nearly every time. Why wouldn't they do it? Actually we probably don't fall for it. Both the trap and the bashing is probably coming from them. That's why I think our boards, esp one if them, need to be moderated tighter.