PDA

View Full Version : Who's next???

Sacrifice
12-06-2014, 11:21 PM
Looks like we may be ranked 8th come tomorrow. Is it the Peach bowl against Wisconsin?

ScottH
12-06-2014, 11:27 PM
Please let it be Wisconsin anywhere.

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2014, 11:28 PM
Looks like we may be ranked 8th come tomorrow. Is it the Peach bowl against Wisconsin?

I'd really like to rip TCU a new on in the Cotton. Wisconsin seems kind of boring to play now that they got blown out. TCU would give us the respect we many need to finish in the top 5.

Quaoarsking
12-06-2014, 11:29 PM
If the committee swaps us with the other MSU, we get Orange vs. Georgia Tech
Otherwise Peach vs. Ohio State

Bucky Dog
12-06-2014, 11:32 PM
Wisconsin will not be in the top 12. OSU will not make the playoff and we will play them. Game on!!!

DownwardDawg
12-06-2014, 11:38 PM
OSU is in the playoffs.

Political Hack
12-06-2014, 11:41 PM
OSU is in the playoffs.

over who?

blacklistedbully
12-07-2014, 12:12 AM
Based on the Orange, Peach, Cotton & Fiesta being considered equal this year, here's what I'm thinking:

If Ohio State goes to playoff, I think we draw TCU (possibly Baylor) in the Peach. I think Baylor will get the Cotton due to tie-breaker as B12 Champ, with a nod to the CB being for a non-NC B12 Champ, and will play Michigan State. If the committee is looking for best matchups based on their rankings, then they could put Ole Miss in the Orange versus GT.

I think if TCU or Baylor goes in the playoff over Ohio State, then we wind up playing Michigan State in the Peach. Here's why:

Ohio State would play whichever of TCU/Baylor (probably TCU) didn't make FF in the Cotton.
I don't think they'd put Michigan State in the Orange vs GT because that would leave them having to match us up in the Peach vs another SEC, or pass over OM, & UGA for a Wisconsin team that will surely drop far down due to the ass-whipping they received tonight, or a K-State that lost tonight. Will they really want to pass over a couple of SEC teams to put a #8 MSU vs a #11-ish KSU or #17 or so Wisconsin? And if they did, what are they gonna do with #9 TSUN & "10 UGA?

I believe Wisconsin's ass-whipping tonight will drop them out of these bowls.