PDA

View Full Version : Ha, I'd hate to be the committee right now...

CadaverDawg
12-06-2014, 11:19 PM
We KNOW Bama and Oregon are in. So that's 2 spots.

The team you had ranked 3rd last week destroyed a weak Iowa State team 55-3 and took a knee with 5 minutes left inside ISU's 10 yd line, so it could have been 60+ to 3. So in order to not have TCU in the playoff you would have to bump them down, Not 1....But 2 spots!

Baylor actually has the most impressive win today (going by the committee's rankings) with a win over KSU. But are you going to jump them over FSU? Over TCU? They did beat TCU head to head, but it was at home and by 3 points when TCU was whipping them for most of the game. Is Baylor more deserving than Ohio State?

Ohio State....are they going to jump TCU and Baylor? They are destroying Wisconsin, but they lost to weak ass Va Tech. Is the Big 10 worth a damn?

Florida State HAS to be in, right? Mould you drop them out of the playoff because they had another unimpressive win? They haven't lost in 2 years!

Gonna be very interesting, and regardless, there will be some pissed off people. I love chaos.

Smitty
12-06-2014, 11:25 PM
FSU wins and they are in…. TCU at 3rd means they are in.

The Committee HAS to justify leaving someone out… MUCH harder to justify dropping TCU from 3 which is why they put them there… MUCH easier to justify leaving OSU out 1. because TCU blasted ISU and 2. because of that VT loss.

The easiest thing for the committee to do is leave it as is, state that one week can't overtake body of work, and say to OSU "don't lose to weak ass teams at home, suck it Herbie!!!!!"

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2014, 11:25 PM
I love it because we are going to get an 8 team playoff due to it. That's great for MSU, since it would mean we wouldn't necessarily have to win our division to get in

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2014, 11:26 PM

The Committee HAS to justify leaving someone out… MUCH harder to justify dropping TCU from 3 which is why they put them there… MUCH easier to justify leaving OSU out 1. because TCU blasted ISU and 2. because of that VT loss.

The easiest thing for the committee to do is leave it as is, state that one week can't overtake body of work, and say to OSU "don't lose to weak ass teams at home, suck it Herbie!!!!!"

But... the committee says that they start from scratch each week, and that means that last week's rankings are irrelevant in their eyes. I think they go with Ohio State and give everyone else the middle finger.

HoopsDawg
12-06-2014, 11:28 PM
I would go:

1. Bama
2. Oregon
3. FSU
4. OSU

And just send a big FU to the Big 12 for not having a championship game.

Dawg61
12-06-2014, 11:31 PM

This! The committee already predicted this exact scenario to happen so they went ahead and protected themselves by putting TCU 3rd. 1-4 will stay the same and Ohio State will cry for two decades.

DownwardDawg
12-06-2014, 11:36 PM
I would go:

1. Bama
2. Oregon
3. FSU
4. OSU

I would bet money this is what it will be.

DownwardDawg
12-06-2014, 11:37 PM
I love it because we are going to get an 8 team playoff due to it. That's great for MSU, since it would mean we wouldn't necessarily have to win our division to get in

This. Needs to happen right now. Next year is a year too late.

Bucky Dog
12-06-2014, 11:44 PM
I keep saying there is no way OSU gets in. They lost to VT at home and their conference is weaker than the Big 12. Baylor deserves to be in over TCU. Doesn't matter they came back from down 21 in the fourth. They won!! And beat KState tonight which improves then SOS and SOR. FSU 3 and Baylor 4.

HSVDawg
12-06-2014, 11:48 PM
I would go:

1. Bama
2. Oregon
3. FSU
4. OSU

Its not Baylor or TCU's fault that they don't have a title game. The NCAA won't allow a 10-team league to have a conference championship. I guarantee that given the choice, the Big 12 would have a title game. Too much revenue involved to turn it down.

msstate7
12-06-2014, 11:49 PM
I would go:

1. Bama
2. Oregon
3. FSU
4. OSU

I think they go...

1. Bama
2. Oregon
3. Osu
4. Fsu

That way the keep Fsu and bama in south and have a traditional "rose" bowl

Smitty
12-06-2014, 11:50 PM
If the Big 12 is left out they WILL have 12 teams next year.

ckDOG
12-06-2014, 11:52 PM
I hope the big 12 gets left out for changing their rules this week to give baylor the middle finger. Baylor needs to be the representative for their conference or no team should.

Sacrifice
12-06-2014, 11:53 PM
It'll be the same top 4 as last week. I don't see them dropping TCU out after waffle stomping Iowa St by 52. I don't think they even change positions in the polls.

Political Hack
12-06-2014, 11:54 PM
1. Bama
2. Oregon
3. FSU
4. Baylor
5. TCU
6. Ohio State
7. Michigan State
8. Mississippi State

An 8 team playoff would've been nice... could've got a rematch against Bama in round 1.

LC Dawg
12-06-2014, 11:55 PM
I would go:

1. Bama
2. Oregon
3. FSU
4. OSU

This isn't my 4 best teams but it's what I think it will be. There's been so much debate on here maybe we should just do a playoff prediction thread.

Smitty
12-06-2014, 11:56 PM
1. Bama
2. Oregon
3. FSU
4. Baylor
5. TCU
6. Ohio State
7. Michigan State
8. Mississippi State

An 8 team playoff would've been nice... could've got a rematch against Bama in round 1.

The only non-rematch would be FSU-TOSU at the 3-6 game. They'd switch it up a little to avoid that.

Bucky Dog
12-06-2014, 11:56 PM
1. Bama
2. Oregon
3. FSU
4. Baylor
5. TCU
6. Ohio State
7. Michigan State
8. Mississippi State

This is exactly what it will be tomorrow Hack!

Quaoarsking
12-06-2014, 11:57 PM
This! The committee already predicted this exact scenario to happen so they went ahead and protected themselves by putting TCU 3rd. 1-4 will stay the same and Ohio State will cry for two decades.

This is the main reason I think the 8-team playoff is coming sooner rather than later. The Big 10 was always the biggest cog in getting a playoff at all, but I bet they'll be the loudest proponent now. The ACC and SEC have been onboard the playoff train for years, so they'll probably agree too. The Big 12 would probably agree to it also, as their champion Baylor is probably not making it either.

Smitty
12-06-2014, 11:58 PM
The only thing I'm confused about is why jump TCU to 3rd… That caused some controversy in itself and leaving them at 4 and dropping them after this week is easily defendable.

They will have to answer that if they do drop TCU.

msstate7
12-07-2014, 12:00 AM
The only thing I'm confused about is why jump TCU to 3rd… That caused some controversy in itself and leaving them at 4 and dropping them after this week is easily defendable.

They will have to answer that if they do drop TCU.
Good. While they're answering, ask why we're behind mich state

Dawg61
12-07-2014, 12:06 AM
TCU is currently #3 and just won 55-3. Their only loss is by 3 @#6 Baylor.

Ohio State is currently #5 and just won 59-0. HOWEVER they lost to unranked VTech at home by 2 touchdowns.

There's no 17ing way Ohio State jumps TCU.

Quaoarsking
12-07-2014, 12:07 AM
Good. While they're answering, ask why we're behind mich state

I think there's a decent chance we're ahead of Michigan State tomorrow. If the playoff was 8 teams and it really mattered which MSU was ahead of the other, I think there's an almost 100% chance we'd be ahead of them. The Committee members just may not have given it that much thought right now.

msstate7
12-07-2014, 12:07 AM
TCU is currently #3 and just won 55-3. Their only loss is by 3 @#6 Baylor.

Ohio State is currently #5 and just won 59-0. HOWEVER they lost to unranked VTech at home by 2 touchdowns.

There's no 17ing way Ohio State jumps TCU.

You left out the 3rd team in this discussion -- Baylor. They beat tcu straight up

msstate7
12-07-2014, 12:08 AM
I think there's a decent chance we're ahead of Michigan State tomorrow. If the playoff was 8 teams and it really mattered which MSU was ahead of the other, I think there's an almost 100% chance we'd be ahead of them. The Committee members just may not have given it that much thought right now.

So you predicting orange bowl?

Quaoarsking
12-07-2014, 12:16 AM
Kudos to Stricklin for not shying away from the truth. I see no evidence that this attitude affects the Committee too, but we'll find out tomorrow.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000047004343/f61165754ef46d0df8972a70d1216803_bigger.jpegScott Stricklin ‏@stricklinMSU (https://twitter.com/stricklinMSU) 12m12 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/stricklinMSU/status/541457999228055552)
Some commentators leaving Big 12 out of top four. Would they be doing same if it was Texas and OU instead of TCU and Baylor? #brandnamebias (https://twitter.com/hashtag/brandnamebias?src=hash)
0 replies169 retweets138 favorites Reply
Retweeted169
Favorite138
More

Dawg61
12-07-2014, 12:19 AM
You left out the 3rd team in this discussion -- Baylor. They beat tcu straight up

By only 3 after trailing most the game and at home. They also lost by two scores to an unranked WVU. They suffer the same fate as OSU for that. Their head to head with TCU is looked at as a push.

msstate7
12-07-2014, 12:22 AM
By only 3 after trailing most the game and at home. They also lost by two scores to an unranked WVU. They suffer the same fate as OSU for that. Their head to head with TCU is looked at as a push.

I guess a win is a win, but tcu almost lost to Kansas. Kansas is vandy bad.

I don't care who gets in, but it's not just open and shut for any of these teams

CadaverDawg
12-07-2014, 12:30 AM
Haha, look through this thread at all of the differing opinions on who should be the 4th team.....

This thread proves that it's going to be a brutal decision, and there will be a pissed off Gary Patterson, Art Briles, or Urban Meyer. Art Briles is letting it all hang out in his post game presser. He is PISSED at the Big12 commish for saying all year "One True Champion" and now being a coward and saying "Co-Champions" and ignoring Head to Head. Ha, that ole boy will be ready for an old fashioned Duel if Baylor gets left out.

My opinion can be debated as heavily as any, but this is how I think it SHOULD look...

1. Bama
2. Oregon
3. TCU
4. Florida State

Because I think you have to look at wins AND losses. Ohio State and Baylor had the worst losses of any top 6 teams. And whether Briles wants to admit it or not....he barely beat TCU and it was AT HOME.

BUT, because we live in a politically correct world and everyone thinks Money and TV Markets, here is what I think we'll see from the committee....

1. Bama
2. Oregon
3. Ohio State
4. Florida State

Dawg61
12-07-2014, 12:30 AM
I guess a win is a win, but tcu almost lost to Kansas. Kansas is vandy bad.

I don't care who gets in, but it's not just open and shut for any of these teams

Would be interesting to see two play in games. TCU vs Baylor and OSU vs FSU. Winners get Bama and Oregon.

KB21
12-07-2014, 12:32 AM
The team the committee wants to drop is Florida State. Their undefeated record is very empty. Will they do it? I don't know. It wouldn't surprise me to see them put Alabama, Oregon, TCU, and Ohio State in that final four.

No matter how impressive their win over Wisconsin is, I can't put Ohio State in the top four simply because they lost at home to a bad Virginia Tech team.