PDA

View Full Version : We were so close to being #4. It is going to take a while for me to get over the EB

dawgclub99
12-06-2014, 10:12 PM
Loss.

DownwardDawg
12-06-2014, 10:17 PM
Loss.

We weren't making the playoffs regardless. OSU will be 4th. If FSU loses then Baylor or TCU will get the last spot.

bulldawg28
12-06-2014, 10:19 PM
We weren't making the playoffs regardless. OSU will be 4th. If FSU loses then Baylor or TCU will get the last spot.

This. OSU would have jumped us regardless.

Coach34
12-06-2014, 10:23 PM

I disagree

TUSK
12-06-2014, 10:25 PM
If Mississippi State had smoked the shit outta Ole Miss, you cats woulda been in the F4 regardless of what happened in the big 10/12/pac12...

yall's cred had been established.

Dawgface
12-06-2014, 10:27 PM

Agree. Don't think they wanted 2 sec schools in the final four.

dawgclub99
12-06-2014, 10:29 PM
You guys are FOS if you do not think we would be 4th. Our only loss would have been a 5 point loss to Bama. We'd been in. Now we have to watch a team like Baylor or TCU get smoked by Bama.

cheewgumm
12-06-2014, 10:35 PM
We blew it. We would have been in. Dan was just butter and trying to rationalize by saying we wouldn't have made it anyway.

TUSK
12-06-2014, 10:36 PM
You guys are FOS if you do not think we would be 4th. Our only loss would have been a 5 point loss to Bama. We'd been in. Now we have to watch a team like Baylor or TCU get smoked by Bama.

exactly, that's why I think Mullen slow played the end of the Bammer game to get a sure score....

I think he knew a "good loss" would be good enough at 11-1 in the SECW.

Quaoarsking
12-06-2014, 10:41 PM
We would've been in. And Ohio State still isn't in if FSU hangs on. The Committee never has cared what a few talking heads think about Ohio State.

Boya
12-06-2014, 10:43 PM
We blew it. We would have been in. Dan was just butter and trying to rationalize by saying we wouldn't have made it anyway.

Yep, no doubt we would have been in**. In the first year the new system they were absolutely going to put a nonconference champ MSU in over both conference champions OSU, TCU, and FSU when they all have the same record or better than state. And in so doing shut out not one but two of the power five conferences in the process...sure that was really gong to happen

We were out when we loss to bama....it's not fair but it's the truth

Dawg61
12-06-2014, 10:45 PM
I'll never get over Mullen's bed-shitting vs Ole Miss. I'll forgive it vs Bama but never the EB. He flat out laid an egg vs Bucky with EVERYTHING on the line.

TUSK
12-06-2014, 10:48 PM
Yep, no doubt we would have been in**. In the first year the new system they were absolutely going to put a nonconference champ MSU in over both conference champions OSU, TCU, and FSU when they all have the same record or better than state. And in so doing shut out not one but two of the power five conferences in the process...sure that was really gong to happen

We were out when we loss to bama....it's not fair but it's the truth

no.

Sacrifice
12-06-2014, 10:51 PM
Just the thought of OM knocking us out of the playoffs makes me physically sick!!!

Smitty
12-06-2014, 11:06 PM
I'm going to go with the PC Committee would have jumped someone over us anyway… just for the sake of sanity. I choose to believe this to not go crazy thinking about the what-ifs.

ScottH
12-06-2014, 11:29 PM
Don't think they wanted 2 sec schools in the final four.

My gut tells me this would have been the deciding factor.

Quaoarsking
12-06-2014, 11:32 PM
Agree. Don't think they wanted 2 sec schools in the final four.

Who is "they" ? The playoff was spearheaded by the SEC. It was not some kind of conspiracy to rage against the Alabama-LSU title game, as paranoid SEC revisionists like to claim nowadays.

Todd4State
12-06-2014, 11:36 PM
Who is "they" ? The playoff was spearheaded by the SEC. It was not some kind of conspiracy to rage against the Alabama-LSU title game, as paranoid SEC revisionists like to claim nowadays.

We'll see what happens tomorrow, but in hindsight, I bet the SEC regrets it. Of course, the SEC probably assumed that they would use the computer stuff since that's logical.

RougeDawg
12-06-2014, 11:40 PM
I'll never get over Mullen's bed-shitting vs Ole Miss. I'll forgive it vs Bama but never the EB. He flat out laid an egg vs Bucky with EVERYTHING on the line.

Couldn't have said it better myself. We controlled our own destiny and allowed players to go home, had a dick around friday practice/walk through, and acted like the EB was the first spring scrimmage. Dan's arrogance and hardheadedness is why we are on the outside looking in tomorrow. I haven't missed a game home or away all year, but will need some "water to wine" type miracle for me to make the GD bowl and spend a grand or more to watch a team whos coach doesn't bring it every week. Why should I as a fan go all in, ever week, when our coach chooses when he's going to put together a nice game prep or not?

Smitty
12-06-2014, 11:43 PM
More I think about it the more I think we would have been jumped.. Which is why we have to MURDER teams..

Get used to this as long as there is a 4 team playoff.

FlabLoser
12-07-2014, 12:14 AM
The committee passed up multiple chances to bump us out of #4 prior to the Egg Bowl. All the arguments being made about us not making had we won the EB have already bid disproven by the committee itself.

Treemydawg
12-07-2014, 12:39 AM
Couldn't have said it better myself. We controlled our own destiny and allowed players to go home, had a dick around friday practice/walk through, and acted like the EB was the first spring scrimmage. Dan's arrogance and hardheadedness is why we are on the outside looking in tomorrow. I haven't missed a game home or away all year, but will need some "water to wine" type miracle for me to make the GD bowl and spend a grand or more to watch a team whos coach doesn't bring it every week. Why should I as a fan go all in, ever week, when our coach chooses when he's going to put together a nice game prep or not?

^^^^this^^^^ word for word is exactly how I feel.

Todd4State
12-07-2014, 01:10 AM

I wish Scott would have a press conference addressing some of those issues for the fans. And it be genuine as in we're actually going to correct this and not "see, we have a special teams coach- Greg Knox" and then have Dan continue to coach special teams. With the Knox as special teams coach addition, Dan and MSU might as well just sent me an e-mail with Dan giving me the finger.

Knox as special teams coach, we can't get road versions of the 100 Anniversary uniforms- surely they don't think we're that stupid do they?

I haven't decided on the bowl yet myself. But if they came out and genuinely said:

No more 1A/1B's ever again.
We're hiring a special teams coach.
We're keeping the 100 year Anniversary uniforms- both home and AWAY.
The team is spending Thanksgiving in Starkville next year.

I'd probably be a lot more likely to go.

cujo
12-07-2014, 07:54 AM
Granted. But why did he slow play the end of the EB? All he wanted was another "good loss"?

bluelightstar
12-07-2014, 09:20 AM
Granted. But why did he slow play the end of the EB? All he wanted was another "good loss"?

I could buy that theory against Alabama, but when it happened against Ole Miss, I think it showed he just struggles with clock management still.

Smitty
12-07-2014, 10:04 AM
The thing with TCU is the committee has NEVER dropped a team out of the top 4 that won that week. And this would be a 2 spot drop.

DownwardDawg
12-07-2014, 10:41 AM
I could buy that theory against Alabama, but when it happened against Ole Miss, I think it showed he just struggles with clock management still.
He's as bad or worse than Les Miles at clock management.

woozman
12-07-2014, 10:54 AM
I disagree

We'll see how it shakes out today, but if they bump TCU from #3 and put OSU in at #4, then we wouldn't be in.