PDA

View Full Version : We don't want to play Ga. Tech, IMO. Wow, first drive impressive.

IMissJack
12-06-2014, 08:23 PM

Smitty
12-06-2014, 08:25 PM
FSU D ain't close to our 1A's.

But agreed I want a big 10 team if we can't play FSU

HoopsDawg
12-06-2014, 08:29 PM

We match up really well with GT. We don't want to play Baylor.

IMissJack
12-06-2014, 08:29 PM
Also, the cutting blocks by the GA Tech OL, would probably take someone's knee out.

IMissJack
12-06-2014, 08:32 PM
We match up really well with GT. We don't want to play Baylor.

Yes, I would rather play GT than Baylor. Baylor would rip out DBs for 600 yds.

msstate7
12-06-2014, 08:33 PM
Watching GT gave me an idea...

We play lsu the 2nd game of the year next season and will most likely be an underdog. How tough would it be to add a truly triple option attack and break it out vs lsu? If we could keep a lid on what we were doing, we could probably steal a win vs lsu bc there's no way they could adjust in game

(I'm not saying go triple option thru out the year except for as a wrinkle)

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2014, 08:36 PM

We play lsu the 2nd game of the year next season and will most likely be an underdog. How tough would it be to add a truly triple option attack and break it out vs lsu? If we could keep a lid on what we were doing, we could probably steal a win vs lsu bc there's no way they could adjust in game

I think LSU has a looooonnnnngggg way to go at QB to be favored in that game.

They may be, but, until LSU finds a decent QB, I don't think they could score enough points to beat us at home.

IMissJack
12-06-2014, 08:37 PM
I wish we would use it occasionally. If you don't have the big uglies to blow people off the line, you have to be creative.

thf24
12-06-2014, 08:39 PM
Also, the cutting blocks by the GA Tech OL, would probably take someone's knee out.

I don't know how they get away with it. I guess it's that if the refs called every chop block that they have a case to, the game would be 6 hours long because of all the stoppages.

TUSK
12-06-2014, 08:43 PM
MSU/GT would be a good game...

I think yall'd match up well with them...

Dawg61
12-06-2014, 08:47 PM
They don't pass so yes we do want to play them.

IMissJack
12-06-2014, 08:49 PM

You are thinking correctly there.

DownwardDawg
12-06-2014, 08:49 PM
Easiest offense in the country to prepare for if you have a couple of weeks or more. Has Paul Johnson ever won a bowl game!

msstate7
12-06-2014, 08:50 PM

Can Zach Jackson cover the pitch man?***

mparkerfd20
12-06-2014, 08:52 PM
Baylor will be in the playoff with a win and an FSU loss so no worries about playing them.

msstate7
12-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Baylor will be in the playoff with a win and an FSU loss so no worries about playing them.

If Ohio state wins and Fsu loses, Buckeyes in

BrunswickDawg
12-06-2014, 08:58 PM
I don't know how they get away with it. I guess it's that if the refs called every chop block that they have a case to, the game would be 6 hours long because of all the stoppages.
There is a difference between a cut block and a chop block. Cut Blocking is perfectly legal and until about 20 years ago was a pretty regular technique for every team.

Dawg61
12-06-2014, 08:59 PM
If Ohio state wins and Fsu loses, Buckeyes in

Starting to look like Bama vs Oregon for the NC. Bama will destroy OSU.

Todd4State
12-06-2014, 09:03 PM

We actually did that to LSU in 1991 the last time we beat them in Baton Rouge when we had Sleepy Robinson. And it worked for awhile- LSU almost came back and won. We had like a 90 yard drive that took up almost the entire third quarter if I remember correctly.

With Robinson, Shumpert, and Aeries I think we would have the personnel to do it better than we could have this year. That said, we would need to figure out who the FB would be and that's the issue that we would have. Dontavian Lee might be that guy though.

Todd4State
12-06-2014, 09:03 PM
Can Zach Jackson cover the pitch man?***

Hell no.

thf24
12-06-2014, 09:06 PM
There is a difference between a cut block and a chop block. Cut Blocking is perfectly legal and until about 20 years ago was a pretty regular technique for every team.

Right, but when you have 3-4 linemen cut blocking every play, you're inevitably going to end up with chop blocks because of the unpredictable movement of the traffic. I've seen four plays where a chop block could have been called already, and I'm not even paying that much attention.

maroonmania
12-06-2014, 09:07 PM
Last one with the ball will win at this point.

CadaverDawg
12-06-2014, 09:08 PM
Easiest offense in the country to prepare for if you have a couple of weeks or more. Has Paul Johnson ever won a bowl game!

You just made me remember the Air Force bowl game.....Sometimes having a month to prepare for the option still doesn't work, ha

Smitty
12-06-2014, 09:09 PM
That said, we would need to figure out who the FB would be and that's the issue that we would have. Dontavian Lee might be that guy though.

Zach Jackson

Currently 6'2 210 lbs.. Could easily bulk up to 230 and lead block. Ran the ball a ton in HS

msstate7
12-06-2014, 09:11 PM
Zach Jackson

Currently 6'2 210 lbs.. Could easily bulk up to 230 and lead block. Ran the ball a ton in HS

Too valuable covering te's***

I really hope Zach makes us eat all our words about him

scottycameron
12-06-2014, 09:21 PM

Funny, I'm thinking that would be a good idea for LSU to break it out against us. Works both ways, huh?

Todd4State
12-06-2014, 09:22 PM
You just made me remember the Air Force bowl game.....Sometimes having a month to prepare for the option still doesn't work, ha

It's a lot harder to defend when you are hung over and strung out after a night at Platinum Plus.

Todd4State
Zach Jackson

I'm all for it.

CadaverDawg
It's a lot harder to defend when you are hung over and strung out after a night at Platinum Plus.

#Truth

msstate7
12-06-2014, 09:23 PM
Funny, I'm thinking that would be a good idea for LSU to break it out against us. Works both ways, huh?

If either team did it and ran it well, it would be very hard to stop in game

Dawg61
12-06-2014, 09:25 PM

Holy shit that game was almost forgotten forever by me. When was that? I will regret this but I kinda wanna look at that box score again.

scottycameron
12-06-2014, 09:26 PM
If either team did it and ran it well, it would be very hard to stop in game

well what I was getting at was they were the one with the crappy offense when we played. Our current offense was just fine. Watching our game this year, LSU is the most likely candidate to install a gimmick offense for that game. Agree?

CadaverDawg
12-06-2014, 09:28 PM
Holy shit that game was almost forgotten forever by me. When was that? I will regret this but I kinda wanna look at that box score again.

No you don't. Ha

msstate7
12-06-2014, 09:29 PM
well what I was getting at was they were the one with the crappy offense when we played. Our current offense was just fine. Watching our game this year, LSU is the most likely candidate to install a gimmick offense for that game. Agree?

I suppose.

DLGDawg
12-06-2014, 09:37 PM
1991 I think.

drunkernhelldawg
12-07-2014, 12:47 AM
I'd just as soon play the best team possible, just for shits and giggles. Just to increase the possibilities. I'd like to win, but I'm not going to be devastated if we don't. I just want the team and the fans to enjoy the hell out of it, and I want it to be a new and unique experience for all.