Too early. Not bowl season yet*

TUSK
12-06-2014, 08:46 PM
SEC, SEC, SEC and all that bullshat.

does this mean you will send the check back?*

Dawg61
12-06-2014, 08:51 PM
does this mean you will send the check back?*

If the TV deal was about success the SEC would add FSU not Missouri. Your 792 National Championships aren't why every SEC school makes a fortune. It's because every fat ass in every state in the SEC pays extra on their cable bill to get the SECN. You're a 17ing moron if you don't understand that yet.

TUSK
12-06-2014, 09:05 PM
If the TV deal was about success the SEC would add FSU not Missouri. Your 792 National Championships aren't why every SEC school makes a fortune. It's because every fat ass in every state in the SEC pays extra on their cable bill to get the SECN. You're a 17ing moron if you don't understand that yet.

1- the SEC would add FSU not Missouri.
---- the SEC offered FSU, FSU declined... additionally, adding Mizzou, while suspect, actually had a better NET improvement than adding FSU to the conference.

2- 792 National Championships
----- we've discussed this... it's only 732 NCs.****

3- everybody ( who is somebody) is on TV every weekend, regardless of SECN...

dude, I'm not picking a fight....

Dawg61
12-06-2014, 09:21 PM
---- the SEC offered FSU, FSU declined... additionally, adding Mizzou, while suspect, actually had a better NET improvement than adding FSU to the conference.

Haha I know. It pisses me off like none other when you make the welfare check jokes. Jbh

TUSK
12-06-2014, 09:25 PM
Haha I know. It pisses me off like none other when you make the welfare check jokes. Jbh

Man, you KNOW I'm effin with ya!

as long as the conference makes frogskins, we all win...

kinda like the socializism......LOL

Drugdog
12-06-2014, 09:27 PM
Tusk, your good in my book.

Dawg61
12-06-2014, 09:32 PM
Man, you KNOW I'm effin with ya!

as long as the conference makes frogskins, we all win...

kinda like the socializism......LOL

Haha it's all good man. You bust our balls I bust back.

RougeDawg
12-06-2014, 10:37 PM

Where did you read that FSU was offered a spot in the SEC? Cover of the National Enquirer on the Wal Mart 20 items or less aisle after you went to get a Saban autograph?

No way in hell Florida would allow that. Same reason Clemson would never get an offer. South Carolina would not allow.

DawgPoundtheRock
12-07-2014, 12:32 AM
Expansion was more about tv money than adding competitive teams. VATech was high on the SEC list because of its viewing area.

TUSK
12-07-2014, 10:33 AM
Where did you read that FSU was offered a spot in the SEC? Cover of the National Enquirer on the Wal Mart 20 items or less aisle after you went to get a Saban autograph?

No way in hell Florida would allow that. Same reason Clemson would never get an offer. South Carolina would not allow.

It was in 1990... the SEC/Florida had blocked FSU from joining for years... when conference expansion became inevitable, both the SEC and the ACC wanted FSU.

FSU voted to join the ACC...

rumor was Bowden/FSU didn't want to play AU and Alabama in the same years, but I don't know if that was true, or not....

The major roadblock was scheduling. On August 3, Bobby Bowden admitted to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, “I like to win games, and I can’t think of a tougher place to do that than the SEC.” Under the proposed division alignment, Florida State would face Florida, Auburn and Alabama every year, which raised objections from FSU Athletic Director Bob Goin. “Most conferences have got two really strong programs,” Bowden continued, “but top to bottom there isn’t one close to the SEC.” Another report, by Mark Maske of the Washington Post, suggested Florida State refused to be in the same conference as Florida because the Gators “once fostered an SEC blackballing of the Seminoles.” In 2001, a Florida Times-Union retrospective quoted a FSU booster as saying, “There was quite a bit of feeling that we didn’t want to be entrapped; a feeling that among some fans that if we go into [the SEC]…we’d be kind of a stepchild.”