PDA

View Full Version : Our 5 point loss AT Bama looks a lot better

HoopsDawg
12-06-2014, 07:37 PM
Now. I wish Gary and Verne would promote us a little but that will never happen. If LSU was 10-2 everyone would be saying they still have a chance if Baylor, FSU and OSU were to lose.

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2014, 07:47 PM
The SEC needs to start putting the top 2 SEC teams in the championship game to equal out home field advantage.

I realize it's how it works, but is it fair that, basically, the SEC Championship game was played at Bryant Denny Stadium?

If your really looking to crown a champion, it would seem to me that playing the championship game on a neutral field would be much fairer than the best two teams in the SEC having to square off at Alabama.

msstate7
12-06-2014, 07:51 PM
The SEC needs to start putting the top 2 SEC teams in the championship game to equal out home field advantage.

I realize it's how it works, but is it fair that, basically, the SEC Championship game was played at Bryant Denny Stadium?

If your really looking to crown a champion, it would seem to me that playing the championship game on a neutral field would be much fairer than the best two teams in the SEC having to square off at Alabama.

Only issue with that is if you end up with say #2 bama vs #4 auburn. One would knock the other out. Just do away with championship

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2014, 07:54 PM
Only issue with that is if you end up with say #2 bama vs #4 auburn. One would knock the other out. Just do away with championship

I wouldn't mind that as well. Either way, Alabama having to play Missouri, while MSU sits at home, seems rather cheesy since MSU had to play AT Bama

bluelightstar
12-06-2014, 07:57 PM
I do imagine Florida said the same thing about us in 1998. Haha

Maroons
12-06-2014, 08:01 PM
I do imagine Florida said the same thing about us in 1998. Haha

Except that we led that game mid-way through the 4th.

TUSK
12-06-2014, 08:04 PM
Jesus, you play the schedule you play... sometimes it's tough (like AU's this year); sometimes it's not as tough (like UA's this year)...

you just gotta struggle through it, and, if you lose, don't let it be late......

bluelightstar
12-06-2014, 08:05 PM
Except that we led that game mid-way through the 4th.

Maybe I misunderstood his point -- but it seemed to me he was saying that we lost on the road to the winner of the stronger division by less than a touchdown, much like Florida in 1998. If this was about margin of victory, my bad, I misread it.