PDA

View Full Version : Oregon will get smashed in the playoffs

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2014, 12:59 AM
This isn't going to end well for Oregon.

To small, to skinny, and lack any semblance of physicality.

The committee is doing to do them a huge favor by getting to play TCU or Baylor in the semi-fina, since they are similar type teams, but it won't matter if they play FSU or Bama in the final. They should get smashed, so long as FSU plays to their potential.

The talent levels between Bama & FSU vs Oregon isn't similar. From a talent perspective it's Bama....FSU.LSU.Auburn...MSU/Ole Miss..A&M..Oregon.Arkansas...Baylor/TCU

Anyway, that's the way I see it.

I think both MSU and Ole Miss beat Oregon on a neutral field. Just don't think they could hang in the trenches.

SDDawg
12-06-2014, 01:03 AM
Damn shame too, could have been a huge year for us to make something special happen. Hope we get to destroy a "major program" in the post-season.

mstatefan91
12-06-2014, 02:22 AM
Everytime I bring up wanting to play Ohio State in the Peach Bowl to one of my Bama friends, he says "Why? Cause their QB is hurt? huhuhuh."

No cause I want to play a team with national exposure and whip them. It will also highlight an Urban/Mullen/Master/Protege type battle. I think it would be great for our program.

dawgs
12-06-2014, 02:44 AM
Oregon would curbstomp f$u. Their D has been playing great for a month now and continued tonight. Mariota started rough, otherwise it'd have been 50-0 at halftime (started 11-22, finished 24-37 I think).

mstatefan91
12-06-2014, 02:59 AM
Oregon would curbstomp f$u. Their D has been playing great for a month now and continued tonight. Mariota started rough, otherwise it'd have been 50-0 at halftime (started 11-22, finished 24-37 I think).

Oregon/FSU I'd have to go FSU just cause they find a way to win against most teams. I think Bama ultimately wins the NC... Again...

MabenMaroon
12-06-2014, 07:35 AM
There is a reason that the CFP selection committee has Oregon #2 and TCU #3, and it ain't to appease certain regions of the country. Both have damn good teams with a fair number of SEC type players. Don't sell either one short in the upcoming playoffs. Oregon has pretty much trucked everybody they have played, excepting first game with Arizona ( they were missing 2 starting O-linemen ). This is a better team than the one that took Auburn to the wire in 2010. TCU absolutely curb-stomped UT and OU on the road, and every time TCU has gotten to this high a level in the past decade and a half, they have shown up well on the national stage. Now week in and week out with an SEC schedule, neither would be ranked near as high but they would be pretty competitive. For a one game appearance with the motivation to put down a mighty SEC team or FSU, they have the ability to pull it off. If we had beaten tsun and some how made it to the CFP, I would not want to meet either one in the semi-final, would prefer to catch them in the NCG with them only having one week to prepare.

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2014, 08:55 AM

Played great defense against who?

This is what I'm trying to say, just because Oregon, Ohio State, & TCU look good against non-physical, small teams from their conference, doesn't mean they could compete with Alabama, MSU, Ole Miss, or FSU.

I don't think Oregon would curb stomp FSU if FSU played well. FSU has far superior talent to Oregon.

I could care less how Mariota looked or what the score was, I watch the players, not the performance, and don't believe that Oregon has the PLAYERS to beat Bama or teams that physically run the ball downhill.

Chip
12-06-2014, 09:05 AM
There is a reason that the CFP selection committee has Oregon #2 and TCU #3, and it ain't to appease certain regions of the country. Both have damn good teams with a fair number of SEC type players. Don't sell either one short in the upcoming playoffs. Oregon has pretty much trucked everybody they have played, excepting first game with Arizona ( they were missing 2 starting O-linemen ). This is a better team than the one that took Auburn to the wire in 2010. TCU absolutely curb-stomped UT and OU on the road, and every time TCU has gotten to this high a level in the past decade and a half, they have shown up well on the national stage. Now week in and week out with an SEC schedule, neither would be ranked near as high but they would be pretty competitive. For a one game appearance with the motivation to put down a mighty SEC team or FSU, they have the ability to pull it off. If we had beaten tsun and some how made it to the CFP, I would not want to meet either one in the semi-final, would prefer to catch them in the NCG with them only having one week to prepare.

TCU beat OU by a score of 37-34 in Ft. Worth. Not a curb stomping by any stretch. Baylor curb stomped OU at Norman.

I do think TCU is the better team than Baylor - despite the head-to-head.

missouridawg
12-06-2014, 09:17 AM
Oregon will win their first playoff game against TCU or FSU. And they will give Bama fits in the championship game.

Bothrops
12-06-2014, 09:17 AM
Without Stanford, Pac-12 defense is like water in a garbage bag. Been saying it for months now, Oregon is the most overrated and undeserving top 4 team all season. They haven't been challenged on the LOS, yet. The Pac-12 sucks horribly bad this year, and Arizona couldn't beat 13 out of the 14 teams in SEC.

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2014, 09:26 AM
Without Stanford, Pac-12 defense is like water in a garbage bag. Been saying it for months now, Oregon is the most overrated and undeserving top 4 team all season. They haven't been challenged on the LOS, yet. The Pac-12 sucks horribly bad this year, and Arizona couldn't beat 13 out of the 14 teams in SEC.

This

The Pac 12 has been sheltered somehow from being exposed. I even think the ACC, FSU, Clemson, and GT are better than AZ. Somehow, the Pac 12 has stayed sheltered from the schedules. I'm not really sure how, but those teams just aren't very physical or talented

Bothrops
12-06-2014, 09:43 AM
And Oregon lost to Arizona at home earlier this season.

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2014, 10:11 AM
If you want to argue with me, argue with this guy as well. For NFL GM Phil Savage. These are his tweets from last night's game.

Phil Savage @SeniorBowlPhil ? 9h 9 hours ago
The first entrant into the inaugural #CFP is @WinTheDay Oregon Ducks. 51-13 victory more impressive on paper than field.

Phil Savage @SeniorBowlPhil ? 12h 12 hours ago
Most physical player on the field @pac12 championship is freshman @WinTheDay RB Royce Freeman, that says a ton, too.

The point is that these @pac12 offensive lines will struggle against an Alabama, Missouri or Florida State defensive line. #PhysicalMismatch

Want to see difference between @pac12 OL and @SEC DL? Look at the arms, asses and bellies of the Arizona and Oregon offensive lines. #Truth

msstate7
12-06-2014, 10:34 AM
I think Oregon is gonna struggle defensively with everything vs bama.

On offense I think Oregon will struggle for 2 reasons:

1. They won't move bama's dline 1 inch all night. Running game will non existent on designed runs

2. MM throws into windows that are embarrassingly large. Against bama those windows will be much tighter.

Oregon's tempo and MM's scrambling ability are advantages though. If Oregon is smart, they'll roll out MM and tell him to scramble every chance he gets.

In the end, I think Oregon is just too soft. Bama is gonna bully them and break their will in the second half...

Bama 45
Oregon 21

Bama = national champs

dawgs
12-06-2014, 11:52 AM

Oregon destroyed stanford on both sides on the ball. Michigan st too, who was supposed to physically give oregon fits.

Is there another conference that sec fans don't holler is overrated or undeserving on being ranked? If you holler about every team, it kinda loses its affect.

dawgs
12-06-2014, 11:56 AM
This

The Pac 12 has been sheltered somehow from being exposed. I even think the ACC, FSU, Clemson, and GT are better than AZ. Somehow, the Pac 12 has stayed sheltered from the schedules. I'm not really sure how, but those teams just aren't very physical or talented

Pac 12 consistently plays more P5 non conference games than any conference, has long played 9 conf games long before anyone else did, and wins more than their share of those non-conf games. It's laughably ignorant to argue the pac 12's schedules have sheltered them.

PMDawg
12-06-2014, 12:18 PM
Oregon will struggle at the LOS. But they can get around it on offense. They may not win it all, but they will be a tough out. They easily belong. Too say otherwise just sounds like homerish whining.

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2014, 12:20 PM
Pac 12 consistently plays more P5 non conference games than any conference, has long played 9 conf games long before anyone else did, and wins more than their share of those non-conf games. It's laughably ignorant to argue the pac 12's schedules have sheltered them.

I trust what I see, and what I see are small, non-physical football teams. Don't tell me it's laughable when you have no way of explaining how undersized, non-NFL caliber players are going to beat teams that are full of NFL players.

Don't blame me for you not being able to tell the difference between a dime and a penny on the football field

PMDawg
12-06-2014, 12:24 PM
They looked ok against Michigan State. And Stanford. And Utah. Besides, I dont have to argue with a child on here. We will find out soon enough.

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2014, 12:25 PM
They looked ok against Michigan State. And Stanford. And Utah. Besides, I dont have to argue with a child on here. We will find out soon enough.

hmmmm

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2014, 12:33 PM
Here is what Arizona has done this year

Beat UNLV 58-13 - Ok, whatever

Beat UTSA 26-23 - Hmmmm

Beat Nevada 35-28 - hmmmm, Nevada is no bueno

Beat Cal - 49-45 hmmmm, Cal is no bueno

Beat Oregon - 31-24 - Very good win

Lost to USC 28-26 - USC is mediocre

Beat WSU - 59-37 - WSU is terrible

Loss to UCLA - 17-7 - UCLA struggled with Memphis and lost to Stanford

Beat Colorado - 38-20 Colorado is terrible

Beat Washington 27-26 - Washington was a poor team this year

Beat Utah 42-10 - Decent win.

Beat ASU - 42-35 - Decent win

Lost to Oregon last night

So what did Arizona do this year to show that they were worth a crap?

Here is what Oregon did

They played basically the same teams Arizona did, and they beat Michigan State. Michigan State's best win this year is a 27-22 win at home against Nebraska, who just fired their coach.

So, your telling me that Oregon is proven, but I fail to see what they've proven against a good team. Please explain?

dawgs
12-06-2014, 03:54 PM
I trust what I see, and what I see are small, non-physical football teams. Don't tell me it's laughable when you have no way of explaining how undersized, non-NFL caliber players are going to beat teams that are full of NFL players.

Don't blame me for you not being able to tell the difference between a dime and a penny on the football field

i'm telling you that claiming the pac 12 has been "sheltered from the schedules" implies you think the pac 12 avoided playing good non-conference games. i'm telling that's wrong.

oregon also has put a lot of OL and front 7 guys in the NFL in the last 5-6 years. so apparently they have guys big enough for the nfl.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/alumni-tracker/school/4846

they aren't bama or lsu in producing nfl talent, but we'd sure as shit be thumping our chests if that was our list. and oregon has armistead on the DL that'll be a nfl player, and 3 OL that will get a shot in the nfl, likely as draft picks.

dawgs
12-06-2014, 03:56 PM
Here is what Arizona has done this year

Beat UNLV 58-13 - Ok, whatever

Beat UTSA 26-23 - Hmmmm

Beat Nevada 35-28 - hmmmm, Nevada is no bueno

Beat Cal - 49-45 hmmmm, Cal is no bueno

Beat Oregon - 31-24 - Very good win

Lost to USC 28-26 - USC is mediocre

Beat WSU - 59-37 - WSU is terrible

Loss to UCLA - 17-7 - UCLA struggled with Memphis and lost to Stanford

Beat Colorado - 38-20 Colorado is terrible

Beat Washington 27-26 - Washington was a poor team this year

Beat Utah 42-10 - Decent win.

Beat ASU - 42-35 - Decent win

Lost to Oregon last night

So what did Arizona do this year to show that they were worth a crap?

Here is what Oregon did

They played basically the same teams Arizona did, and they beat Michigan State. Michigan State's best win this year is a 27-22 win at home against Nebraska, who just fired their coach.

So, your telling me that Oregon is proven, but I fail to see what they've proven against a good team. Please explain?

what have we done? beat a mediocre a&m, beat a lsu team without a QB, and beat a 4 L auburn team that lost to a mediocre a&m and got dirt rolled by a uga team that got beat by georgia tech at home?

you can basically do what you just did for every single team. from bama to f$u to tcu to baylor to ohio st to every 2 L team.

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2014, 04:26 PM
what have we done? beat a mediocre a&m, beat a lsu team without a QB, and beat a 4 L auburn team that lost to a mediocre a&m and got dirt rolled by a uga team that got beat by georgia tech at home?

you can basically do what you just did for every single team. from bama to f$u to tcu to baylor to ohio st to every 2 L team.

Are you really comparing Auburn, LSU, and Texas A&M to who Arizona beat?

Is this Greg Byrne I'm talking to?

Please watch the games and stop reading what's on paper. It would help you understand this much more.

dawgs
12-06-2014, 05:37 PM
Are you really comparing Auburn, LSU, and Texas A&M to who Arizona beat?

Is this Greg Byrne I'm talking to?

Please watch the games and stop reading what's on paper. It would help you understand this much more.

Here is what Oregon did

i also guarantee you i've watched more oregon and pac 12 football than anyone else on this board.

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2014, 05:43 PM
Here is what Oregon did

i also guarantee you i've watched more oregon and pac 12 football than anyone else on this board.

I don't doubt that one bit, as that has become abundantly apparent in this thread.

I'll tell you something about evaluation. Sometimes when you watch something too much, you start to miss the forest for the trees.

As someone that watches a ton of SEC football, I can tell you that, upon first impression, the Pac 12 and Big 12 has small players on average.

Oregon is an 8-4 or 9-3 team in the SEC West and Arizona finishes last. Can't compete physically

dawgs
12-06-2014, 06:37 PM
I don't doubt that one bit, as that has become abundantly apparent in this thread.

I'll tell you something about evaluation. Sometimes when you watch something too much, you start to miss the forest for the trees.

As someone that watches a ton of SEC football, I can tell you that, upon first impression, the Pac 12 and Big 12 has small players on average.

Oregon is an 8-4 or 9-3 team in the SEC West and Arizona finishes last. Can't compete physically

lulz so now it's a negative to watch something too much? are you insane? you literally just said "Please watch the games and stop reading what's on paper. It would help you understand this much more" a few posts before. so now i shouldn't watch the games? please, tell me the optimal number of games to watch to get a good grasp on the situation but not so many that i miss the forest for the trees.

here's the measurements on oregon's OL:
OT 6'6" 300 lb
OT 6'5" 310 lb
OG 6'3" 307 lb
OG 6'4" 290 lb
C 6'3" 297 lb

avg of 6'4.2" 300.8 lb

our OL measurements from the vandy depth chart
OT 6'7" 315 lb
OG 6'7" 320 lb
C 6'4" 299 lb
OG 6'3" 305 lb
OT 6'5" 295 lb

avg of 6'5.2" 306.8 lb

so the difference is 1" and 6 lbs. basically the difference between the NFL and starkville academy.

so let's look at the front 7.

oregon DL:
DE 6'7" 290 lb
DE 6'3" 245 lb
DT 6'4" 297 lb
DT 6'8" 296 lb

avg 6'5.5" 282 lb

our DL:
DE 6'6" 262 lb
DE 6'6" 270 lb
DT 6'3" 296 lb
DT 6'4" 295 lb

avg 6'4.75" 280.75 lb

that can't be right?!?!?! we are smaller on the DL than oregon?!?!?!?!

oregon LBs:
6'2" 220 lb
6'1" 235 lb
6'1" 247 lb

avg 6'1.3" 234 lb

our LBs:
6'2" 220 lb
6'1" 235 lb
6'5" 249 lb

avg 6'2.7" 234.7 lb

so basically the same size except for the boost we get from mckinney's height.

in other words, you are talking out of your ass with the size bullshit.

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2014, 06:40 PM
lulz so now it's a negative to watch something too much? are you insane? you literally just said "Please watch the games and stop reading what's on paper. It would help you understand this much more" a few posts before. so now i shouldn't watch the games? please, tell me the optimal number of games to watch to get a good grasp on the situation but not so many that i miss the forest for the trees.

here's the measurements on oregon's OL:
OT 6'6" 300 lb
OT 6'5" 310 lb
OG 6'3" 307 lb
OG 6'4" 290 lb
C 6'3" 297 lb

avg of 6'4.2" 300.8 lb

our OL measurements from the vandy depth chart
OT 6'7" 315 lb
OG 6'7" 320 lb
C 6'4" 299 lb
OG 6'3" 305 lb
OT 6'5" 295 lb

avg of 6'5.2" 306.8 lb

so the difference is 1" and 6 lbs. basically the difference between the NFL and starkville academy.

so let's look at the front 7.

oregon DL:
DE 6'7" 290 lb
DE 6'3" 245 lb
DT 6'4" 297 lb
DT 6'8" 296 lb

avg 6'5.5" 282 lb

our DL:
DE 6'6" 262 lb
DE 6'6" 270 lb
DT 6'3" 296 lb
DT 6'4" 295 lb

avg 6'4.75" 280.75 lb

that can't be right?!?!?! we are smaller on the DL than oregon?!?!?!?!

oregon LBs:
6'2" 220 lb
6'1" 235 lb
6'1" 247 lb

avg 6'1.3" 234 lb

our LBs:
6'2" 220 lb
6'1" 235 lb
6'5" 249 lb

avg 6'2.7" 234.7 lb

so basically the same size except for the boost we get from mckinney's height.

in other words, you are talking out of your ass with the size bullshit.

How did we get a Pac 12 fan on here?

Again, watch the games. They suck and play flag football

dawgs
12-06-2014, 06:48 PM
How did we get a Pac 12 fan on here?

Again, watch the games. They suck and play flag football

i'm as big of a state fan as anyone, i'm just not a dumbass that makes asinine arguments, and if you are going to spout bullshit, i'm going to prove you wrong with the facts.

also, before last night, oregon gave up less yards per play than we did. their numbers improved after last night. #flagfootball

http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/opponent-yards-per-play

also, "watch the games"? i thought i watched too many of them and was missing the forest for the trees? should i watch more or less?

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2014, 06:53 PM
i'm as big of a state fan as anyone, i'm just not a dumbass that makes asinine arguments, and if you are going to spout bullshit, i'm going to prove you wrong with the facts.

also, before last night, oregon gave up less yards per play than we did. their numbers improved after last night. #flagfootball

http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/opponent-yards-per-play

also, "watch the games"? i thought i watched too many of them and was missing the forest for the trees? should i watch more or less?

So are you telling me I have no idea what I'm watching?

You are saying that Pac 12 football is just as physical as SEC football and that Oregon and Arizona would both compete to win the SEC West?

Do you think former NFL GM Phil Savage was wrong last night and that you know more about football than him?

Let me get it straight what you believe here

dawgs
12-06-2014, 07:03 PM
So are you telling me I have no idea what I'm watching?

You are saying that Pac 12 football is just as physical as SEC football and that Oregon and Arizona would both compete to win the SEC West?

Do you think former NFL GM Phil Savage was wrong last night and that you know more about football than him?

Let me get it straight what you believe here

I think that sec fans tend to see what they wanna see when it comes to non-sec teams playing football. I think oregon isn't built exactly like a sec team because they aren't a sec team. They might struggle of you took an oregon team built for the PAC 12 and threw them in the sec, but I think Bama could struggle of you took them as a team built for the sec and threw them in the pac 12 too. I think Oregon puts far too many players, including many OL and front 7 guys in the NFL for them to be a physically weak team.

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2014, 07:12 PM
I think that sec fans tend to see what they wanna see when it comes to non-sec teams playing football. I think oregon isn't built exactly like a sec team because they aren't a sec team. They might struggle of you took an oregon team built for the PAC 12 and threw them in the sec, but I think Bama could struggle of you took them as a team built for the sec and threw them in the pac 12 too. I think Oregon puts far too many players, including many OL and front 7 guys in the NFL for them to be a physically weak team.

Fair points, and perhaps you are correct with that assessment. However, I've seen Oregon play Auburn and LSU recently and there weren't able to physically compete at the line of scrimmage. Perhaps, if Bama, LSU, US, Auburn, etc were in the Pac 12, we would eventually have to adjust to their style of play, however, it seems the SEC's style of play trumps the Pac 12's style in head to head matchups between teams that finish similarly in the standings. After watching Oregon last night, I don't think they've progressed in the trenches over where they have been for the past 5 years.

Oregon may be able to score some points on Bama, but I think they will come from Marriota scrambling and finding open receivers down the field, like Mauk has today. I don't think Oregon will be able to run the ball with any success.

The biggest difference comes on the defensive line where SEC teams usually outclass other conferences. I also think the SEC has far more physical receivers that can go up and get the ball than other conferences.

Oregon is a good football team, but, for a number of reasons, the West Coast simply doesn't produce the types of fast/large guys that the South does. Sure, there are some, but many times those guys have family connections to the deep south.

dawgs
12-07-2014, 01:46 AM
Oregon lost to auburn on a let second FG after one of the greatest/craziest runs in CFB history. And they lost to LSU only after a true freshman d'anthony Thomas fumbled twice in the 3rd quarter to set lsu up with 2 short fields for easy TDs. Lsu won by 2 TDs if I remember right, but it was close before the fumbles, and afterwards it was even.

Also, you bring up the west coast's lack of DL size, but oregon has a bigger DL than we do. Don't let the facts get in the way of a good narrative though.