PDA

View Full Version : Pac12 championship game

msstate7
12-05-2014, 09:12 PM
I know I should probably pull for Oregon, but I just can't. I don't know why I hate Oregon so much, but I do

Lumpy Chucklelips
12-05-2014, 09:21 PM
I know what you mean; and I feel the same. But I think Oregon winning could push Arizona behind us possibly. Just don't want them to lose too badly for them to fall behind OM also. Maybe a 10-14 point loss. That will put Arizona with 3 losses and us with 2.

Maroonthirteen
12-05-2014, 09:27 PM
Is this the Super Bowl? Pregame show. Ridiculously long intros to start game. Fox is terrible at college football.

msstate7
12-05-2014, 09:30 PM
Is this the Super Bowl? Pregame show. Ridiculously long intros to start game. Fox is terrible at college football.
They were just stalling hoping they could get 12,000 people to the game***

TUSK
12-05-2014, 09:37 PM
I was a bit concerned about both Oregon and Arizona...

Thus far, my concern seems to be unwarranted....

HoopsDawg
12-05-2014, 09:38 PM
I'm sorry, this just doesn't seem like big time football.

Maroonthirteen
12-05-2014, 09:40 PM
From Arizona to Washington state is a huge area. They are going to have to go to playing this game on campus.

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2014, 09:43 PM
I was a bit concerned about both Oregon and Arizona...

Thus far, my concern seems to be unwarranted....

Tusk, I hear you..... I've been sold that Oregon is awesome and Arizona may be in the playoff, but then I watch the physicality of both these teams, and I think MSU would wax their ass. There's no telling what Bama will do to these guys.

Marriota would give us some problems, but I look at the size of Oregon's d-line and o-line and just can't figure out how us, Ole Miss, or Alabama wouldn't pile drive them.

Football experts, what am I missing?

This all is assuming that the SEC teams played somewhere near their capabilities.

TUSK
12-05-2014, 09:47 PM
Tusk, I hear you..... I've been sold that Oregon is awesome and Arizona may be in the playoff, but then I watch the physicality of both these teams, and I think MSU would wax their ass. There's no telling what Bama will do to these guys.

you're correct, 'Gun.... I've picked out about 4-5 guys I'd like to have playin' for Bammer....

on ST*, that is... Scoobie would be a killer on KO coverage...

Bucky Dog
12-05-2014, 09:49 PM
I want Arizona to win ugly low scoring game about 15-12 and neither of them make the playoff then both lose their bowls so they both have 3 losses. We win ours and finish with a better record and ranking.

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2014, 09:50 PM
you're correct, 'Gun.... I've picked out about 4-5 guys I'd like to have playin' for Bammer....

on ST*, that is... Scoobie would be a killer on KO coverage...

I think Oregon is Auburn with a better QB, but worse at most every other position

Bucky Dog
12-05-2014, 09:51 PM
I would like to see GT, K State and Wisconsin win the same way and Iowa State shock the world and beat TCU

msstate7
12-05-2014, 09:52 PM
Had a chance to go up 9-0 and went for it instead. Dumb coaching move imo

RossDawg82
12-05-2014, 09:53 PM
Is it me or does scooby wright (PAC 12 defensive player of the year) look more like Wes Welker than a LB. Is he projected to draft or play at the next level at LB at his size?

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2014, 09:54 PM
Is it me or does scooby wright (PAC 12 defensive player of the year) look more like Wes Welker than a LB. Is he projected to draft or play at the next level at LB at his size?

Yes, they are all small. The entire SEC bias thing is a complete joke. If LSU could muster 24 points, I think any SEC West team could/would beat any Pac 12 team.

The playoff assumes equality in college football and that conferences are equal. This is a completely different level of football than what we see in the SEC.

HoopsDawg
12-05-2014, 09:58 PM
What is rich rod doing?

msstate7
12-05-2014, 09:59 PM
What is rich rod doing?

Chilling down 6-0, I guess

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2014, 10:01 PM
I now understand why the Pac 12 has so much depth. When there are so few elite athletes on the field, anyone can beat anyone.

The Pac 12 is protected from the SEC due to distance. You very rarely see them match up against each other in bowls or regular season games, and that's why there is an assumption that they are so good.

I'm telling you, this is a different level of football.

RossDawg82
12-05-2014, 10:01 PM
This shit is why we need to get rid of the SEC title game. We could get 2 SEC teams in the playoffs every year.

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2014, 10:04 PM
This shit is why we need to get rid of the SEC title game. We could get 2 SEC teams in the playoffs every year.

And win it every year. SEC teams are far superior to this.

It infuriates me to watch this garbage and know they are getting in the playoffs, and then see how we played at certain points this year, knowing that we are a better team than Oregon. The college football landscape is extremely frustrating.

TUSK
12-05-2014, 10:08 PM
Everybody bangs on Alabama for not being "what they were", and that's true.... 2014 Bama is young, inexperienced, and has a RB/WR at QB...

but jesus, Oregon is NO WHERE near where they "were" IMO... this Oregon team isn't nearly as good as the team that lost in the '10 BCSNCG.

I'm starting to feel good about the playoffs if bammer beats Mizzou and then catches FSU and OR....

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2014, 10:15 PM
Everybody bangs on Alabama for not being "what they were", and that's true.... 2014 Bama is young, inexperienced, and has a RB/WR at QB...

but jesus, Oregon is NO WHERE near where they "were" IMO... this Oregon team isn't nearly as good as the team that lost in the '10 BCSNCG.

I'm starting to feel good about the playoffs if bammer beats Mizzou and then catches FSU and OR....

You guys should breeze through these playoffs.

believe it not, from what I've seen, FSU is you only competition. TCU and Oregon are to small and not physical enough for you guys, but FSU has the size, athleticism, and players. I know they've sucked for most of the year, but their best game can beat you guys whereas I don't think Oregon or TCU have a chance.

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2014, 10:20 PM
Former NFL GM and Alabama Radio Analyst Phil Savage chimes in:

Phil Savage ‏@SeniorBowlPhil 12m12 minutes ago Phoenix, AZ
The point is that these @pac12 offensive lines will struggle against an Alabama, Missouri or Florida State defensive line. #PhysicalMismatch

Phil Savage @SeniorBowlPhil ? 7m 7 minutes ago
Most physical player on the field @pac12 championship is freshman @WinTheDay RB Royce Freeman, that says a ton, too.

Phil Savage @SeniorBowlPhil ? 20m 20 minutes ago
Want to see difference between @pac12 OL and @SEC DL? Look at the arms, asses and bellies of the Arizona and Oregon offensive lines. #Truth

This is re-damn-diculous. The playoff committee is a complete joke. Sorry, college football is a lie

TUSK
12-05-2014, 10:20 PM
You guys should breeze through these playoffs.

believe it not, from what I've seen, FSU is you only competition. TCU and Oregon are to small and not physical enough for you guys, but FSU has the size, athleticism, and players. I know they've sucked for most of the year, but their best game can beat you guys whereas I don't think Oregon or TCU have a chance.

I hope you are right, buddy... I just don't want to catch a team that runs a ridiculous amount of plays (Baylor/Arizona)...

FSU has more (NFL) talent than any team we will have faced this year... you're dead on, there... Eddie Goldman is a MFer!

Lumpy Chucklelips
12-05-2014, 10:22 PM
The best thing that could happen to the SEC is that the playoffs were expanded to 8 teams. We will always beat up on each other and the best we can hope for is a second team at around 10-2, which as we see this year is not good enough to get us into a 4 team playoff. Going to 8 teams will usually ensure we get a 2nd team in. From there the odds of one of the two making it to the championship game would be pretty good in my opinion.

TUSK
12-05-2014, 10:22 PM
Former NFL GM and Alabama Radio Analyst Phil Savage chimes in:

Phil Savage ‏@SeniorBowlPhil 12m12 minutes ago Phoenix, AZ
The point is that these @pac12 offensive lines will struggle against an Alabama, Missouri or Florida State defensive line. #PhysicalMismatch

Phil Savage @SeniorBowlPhil ? 7m 7 minutes ago
Most physical player on the field @pac12 championship is freshman @WinTheDay RB Royce Freeman, that says a ton, too.

Phil Savage @SeniorBowlPhil ? 20m 20 minutes ago
Want to see difference between @pac12 OL and @SEC DL? Look at the arms, asses and bellies of the Arizona and Oregon offensive lines. #Truth

This is re-damn-diculous. The playoff committee is a complete joke. Sorry, college football is a lie

you lost me, buddy... did you not think that was a true statement?

Or are you sayin that the rankings should reflect said statements?

?

Sacrifice
12-05-2014, 10:26 PM
Good lord man these 2 teams are garbage!! I'd rather watch the 6A title game. These teams are #2 and #7???? Bahahaha

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2014, 10:26 PM
you lost me, buddy... did you not think that was a true statement?

Or are you sayin that the rankings should reflect said statements?

?

Sorry, I agree with Phil Savage. He is spot on. The playoff is a joke due to what they were saying about MSU before we lost to Ole Miss. It's like no one realizes how much better the SEC than these teams.

thunderclap
12-05-2014, 10:29 PM
I'll say it. I wish Dan called plays in big games like Oregon calls plays in big games.

msstate7
12-05-2014, 10:31 PM
I'll say it. I wish Dan called plays in big games like Oregon calls plays in big games.

Well if Dan faced defenses on the level of Arizona in "big" games, I'm sure dan's play calling would look much better

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2014, 10:33 PM
Well if Dan faced defenses on the level of Arizona in "big" games, I'm sure dan's play calling would look much better

This is spot on. We play at different level of football

thunderclap
12-05-2014, 10:34 PM
I don't want to get into a pissing match but Dan's ass gets tight in the big ones. His playbook shrinks in half.

And yes, at least four SEC teams would win this bullshit playoff.

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2014, 10:36 PM
I don't want to get into a pissing match but Dan's ass gets tight in the big ones. His playbook shrinks in half.

And yes, at least four SEC teams would win this bullshit playoff.

Yup

defiantdog
12-05-2014, 10:37 PM
This game is boring..... This really isn't football, more like grab ass

TUSK
12-05-2014, 10:40 PM
Lemme ask you cats this... did yall think Dan played for the "sure TD" late vs Bammer (taking his time vs a zone D), in lieu of rushing & trying to score twice?

with the hope that "losing close" would be "good enough" to get in the playoffs????

or did he just fold on the big stage?

when I was at the game, I thought he just struggled in game... but, when I thought about it, I wondered....

Outside Dawg
12-05-2014, 10:40 PM
Looks like little league with all the mistakes.

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2014, 10:41 PM
Other conferences complain that the SEC gets special treatment in the Pre-season polls, but I'd argue that, if we are really ranking the top 25 best teams, the Pac 12 gets more special treatment than any. They are clearly not very good, but, since they rarely play SEC teams, no on really know it.

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2014, 10:44 PM
Lemme ask you cats this... did yall think Dan played for the "sure TD" late vs Bammer (taking his time vs a zone D), in lieu of rushing & trying to score twice?

with the hope that "losing close" would be "good enough" to get in the playoffs????

when I was at the game, I thought he just struggled in game... but, when I thought about it, I wondered....

Dan has a history or going into a shell in big games. He plays not to lose instead of playing to win. LSU and Auburn were the exceptions this year, but Bama and Ole Miss games lacked creativity, aggressiveness, and nuance.

Bucky Dog
12-05-2014, 10:44 PM
I agree that Oregon is NOT the number 2 team and I am not just basing it on this shittastic performance! I would have to say that at least the top 5 SEC teams would beat them on a neutral field. Hell I don't think Oregon would want to play LSU on a neutral field!
Gimmicky offenses with no size and strength. I agree TCU falls into this category. If anyone around the country is watching this and is honest with themselves they would agree wit all of this.

msstate7
12-05-2014, 10:46 PM
Oregon is terribly coached. Penalty after penalty...

TUSK
12-05-2014, 10:48 PM
Dan has a history or going into a shell in big games. He plays not to lose instead of playing to win. LSU and Auburn were the exceptions this year, but Bama and Ole Miss games lacked creativity, aggressiveness, and nuance.

My Dark Lord does the same shit with a big lead... it's gonna burn us one day...

TUSK
12-05-2014, 10:50 PM
I NEVER thought I'd say this.... but I wouldn't trade Sims for Mariota.... based on what I've seen this evening....

engie
12-05-2014, 10:51 PM
This thumping is going to let the Rebs into the big boy bowls...

msstate7
12-05-2014, 10:52 PM
Our offensive gameplan vs OM looks like bill Walsh designed it compared to Arizona's game plan tonight

engie
12-05-2014, 10:53 PM
Our offensive gameplan vs OM looks like bill Walsh designed it compared to Arizona's game plan tonight

Yeah, RichRod is laying a huge egg thusfar. And his OL never got off the bus...

HoopsDawg
12-05-2014, 10:54 PM

Dans clock management has been and still is atrocious when we trail. He did the same stupid shit against OM.

msstate7
12-05-2014, 10:56 PM
Dans clock management has been and still is atrocious when we trail. He did the same stupid shit against OM.

Apparently Oregon attended mullen's clock management class

DLGDawg
12-05-2014, 10:59 PM
Double post

DLGDawg
12-05-2014, 11:00 PM
Of course this is all speculation trying to crawl inside Dan's head. But I think the it was obvious throughout the game that things were just not normal for us. I don't want to call it folding on the big stage.

I really liked Shotguns golf analogy the other day. Getting tense when making birdie on the first 2 holes and then playing to not screw up. That made a lot of sense to me. The first 2 times I had the lead after the first day at our club championship....I blew it. Did not know how to handle it. But....the next 2 times I had the lead I won both. I think learning how to win on the big stage is part of it.

Now...about the last TD, I think "odds" were probably going through Dan's mind. And yes, I believe he really wanted that TD to make it look closer. But you also HAD to have that TD to even think about winning. I'm sure he would have liked to have scored quicker. But throwing deep and scoring when Bama was playing to stop that...well the odds were very low of that happening.
QUOTE=TUSK;301700]Lemme ask you cats this... did yall think Dan played for the "sure TD" late vs Bammer (taking his time vs a zone D), in lieu of rushing & trying to score twice?

when I was at the game, I thought he just struggled in game... but, when I thought about it, I wondered....[/QUOTE]

HoopsDawg
12-05-2014, 11:00 PM
How could the committee have Arizona 7? Do they not stay up and watch them play? Arizona beat Cal on a Hail Mary and UW on a last second FG. They would finish last in the SEC west.

msstate7
12-05-2014, 11:05 PM
How could the committee have Arizona 7? Do they not stay up and watch them play? Arizona beat Cal on a Hail Mary and UW on a last second FG. They would finish last in the SEC west.

Michigan state in front of us is another slap in the face.

TUSK
12-05-2014, 11:07 PM
Of course this is all speculation trying to crawl inside Dan's head. But I think the it was obvious throughout the game that things were just not normal for us. I don't want to call it folding on the big stage.

I really liked Shotguns golf analogy the other day. Getting tense when making birdie on the first 2 holes and then playing to not screw up. That made a lot of sense to me. The first 2 times I had the lead after the first day at our club championship....I blew it. Did not know how to handle it. But....the next 2 times I had the lead I won both. I think learning how to win on the big stage is part of it.

Now...about the last TD, I think "odds" were probably going through Dan's mind. And yes, I believe he really wanted that TD to make it look closer. But you also HAD to have that TD to even think about winning. I'm sure he would have liked to have scored quicker. But throwing deep and scoring when Bama was playing to stop that...well the odds were very low of that happening.
QUOTE=TUSK;301700]Lemme ask you cats this... did yall think Dan played for the "sure TD" late vs Bammer (taking his time vs a zone D), in lieu of rushing & trying to score twice?

when I was at the game, I thought he just struggled in game... but, when I thought about it, I wondered....[/QUOTE]

thoughtful post,,,, kudos, daddio.

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2014, 11:14 PM
When watching these teams play, don't be a prisoner to their performance. Performances fluctuate from game to game, but talent levels don't.

Look at the size, strength, and speed, and ask yourself how that compares to the teams you watch every Saturday in the SEC.

You don't have to be an NFL Scout to realize that both of these teams lack size. Oregon is fast, but they lack size and strength, and difference makers at the skill positions, outside of Marriotta.

From a talent standpoint, Arizona looks like a well coached Kentucky with confidence. Oregon looks like a Auburn with lesser players at most every position, except QB.

TUSK
12-05-2014, 11:17 PM
Oregon is gonna pile it on in the second half, I think... Zona's D is gassed....

I'd love to see Rich Rod mount a come back, tho...

It seems like a million years ago when he turned Bammer down.

HoopsDawg
12-05-2014, 11:29 PM
Michigan state in front of us is another slap in the face.

Yes it is. Zero quality wins. We just looked really bad on CBS and paid the price. OM played at a high level and we played like shit.

msstate7
12-05-2014, 11:32 PM
The passing windows that MM has to throw into are high schoolish. He may or may not be great. I can't tell bc he's throwing against what essentially amounts to an air defense

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2014, 11:32 PM
When SEC teams are forced to play a power 5 team each year, I hope the SEC loads up on Pac 12 teams. We need to put this conference in their place.

LC Dawg
12-05-2014, 11:40 PM
When SEC teams are forced to play a power 5 team each year, I hope the SEC loads up on Pac 12 teams. We need to put this conference in their place.

That's what I was just thinking. I think Southern Miss could finish middle of the pack in the PAC-12.

LC Dawg
12-05-2014, 11:47 PM
I know Oregon has some speed and I know that they're not a bad team but how do they compare with the SEC overall with speed? This game looks like it's in slow motion compared to the SEC. Arizona looks comparable to Bassfield as far as speed across the lineup.
I am glad I watched though just to be reminded how glad I am that Brando is not doing SEC games.

bluelightstar
12-05-2014, 11:49 PM
Guys, Oregon is a very good football team, and they play pretty good football in the Pac-12. Everybody calm down.

Leroy Jenkins
12-05-2014, 11:52 PM
This thumping is going to let the Rebs into the big boy bowls...
We had a chance to put them out, we failed.

msstate7
12-05-2014, 11:52 PM
Guys, Oregon is a very good football team, and they play pretty good football in the Pac-12. Everybody calm down.

Compared to who? Oregon's oline won't move bama's dline one inch

TUSK
12-05-2014, 11:54 PM
That's what I was just thinking. I think Southern Miss could finish middle of the pack in the PAC-12.

let's not go too crazy, now....

TUSK
12-05-2014, 11:58 PM

Blue, I don't disagree with some of that... OR can fast break a team and score quick...

That being said, Bama could run toss sweeps with Yeldon/Henry 50x, target Cooper 15x and win 49-21.

LC Dawg
12-06-2014, 12:01 AM
let's not go too crazy, now....

Ok, they scored 12 on you guys so I'll withhold judgement until I see how many you give up to Oregon.

TUSK
12-06-2014, 12:16 AM
Ok, they scored 12 on you guys so I'll withhold judgement until I see how many you give up to Oregon.

solid idea.

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2014, 12:38 AM

Bluelight, I'm just curious how you know this?

Who have they beaten that tells you they are very good?

I trust my eye for evaluating teams and Oregon looks extremely small and skinny. I personally don't think they'd stand a chance against an SEC team that could pound the rock and stop the run. Sorry, I don't think they match up physically and they lack physicality in their style of play.

I don't see it.

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2014, 12:40 AM
Blue, I don't disagree with some of that... OR can fast break a team and score quick...

That being said, Bama could run toss sweeps with Yeldon/Henry 50x, target Cooper 15x and win 49-21.

This

Oregon is a very good team against what they play against.

Their style doesn't matchup well against the top of the SEC though. They won't be able to compete in the trenches

AROB44
12-06-2014, 06:48 AM
Oregon is gonna pile it on in the second half, I think... Zona's D is gassed....

I'd love to see Rich Rod mount a come back, tho...

It seems like a million years ago when he turned Bammer down.

Tusk, I am sure you know more than me on this, but I heard just the opposite......Bama turned him down for very a specific reason.

TUSK
12-06-2014, 11:59 AM
Tusk, I am sure you know more than me on this, but I heard just the opposite......Bama turned him down for very a specific reason.

I prolly don't know more than you in this instance... I was really drunk from 97-06...

All I knew is that he was a candidate but he didn't get hired....

Can you tell what was the "specific reason"?

DownwardDawg
12-06-2014, 12:12 PM

I thought it was pretty common knowledge the he turned Bama down. About a month ago my Bama buddy said "thank God Rich Rod turned is down". This guy is a long time season ticket holder.