PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss Spin Machine is really, really pushing this recrootin BS......

Goat Holder
06-16-2013, 12:16 PM
....I mean, seriously, trying to steal the limelight from us during a CWS run? Please just stop, or feel free to embarrass yourselves further. Talty is a pawn in their pathetic game.

The OMAHA sign pales in comparison to this act of desperation. Cannot wait for them to go 6-6 next year and their little high comes crashing down in Starkville this November.

Now, back to celebrating possibly one of our best baseball teams of all time.

Pollodawg
06-16-2013, 01:03 PM
What are they saying? And are you truly surprised.

cheat2win
06-16-2013, 01:44 PM
We are in the winners bracket in the CWS and this thread is made? Come on......

BeastMan
06-16-2013, 01:48 PM
What prompted this Goat. I've been out of pocket all weekend. What has been happening?

Ronny
06-16-2013, 01:56 PM
..today's Clarion-Ledger sports section?

Because there were half a dozen articles about MSU in Omaha, then I notcied they managed to sneak in an article about OM recruiting.

As if anybody in the state of Mississippi gives a flying **** about OM recruiting when MSU is on the precipice of making a run the CWS.

It reminds me of their love for the Old Confederacy: That shit played out 150 years ago, but every OM fan from age of 5 to 90 still loves reminiscing about "The War of Northern Aggression."

(Note to OM fan: Not that you give a damn about facts & reality, but it was a war of southern aggression. In Lincoln's first inaugural address that was delivered March 4, 1861, Lincoln pledged to "hold, occupy, and possess the property and places belonging to the government"—including Fort Sumter."

So what happened? About 5 weeks later, 19th century versions of Ole Miss frat boys bombed Fort Sumter).

CadaverDawg
06-16-2013, 01:57 PM
We are in the winners bracket in the CWS and this thread is made? Come on......

Exactly. Goat, you're doing nothing but helping their machine with threads like this. I don't understand the point really.

Thick
06-16-2013, 02:01 PM
Goat don't sweat that crap. Let's enjoy this baseball season to the end. Recruiting doesn't mean crap until about the 4th or 5th game into season. Don't believe the hype!!

fishwater99
06-16-2013, 02:32 PM
That's all they have right now, one win over us in the last 4 and subjective recruiting rankings. We win in November and they will shut up.

Coach34
06-16-2013, 02:41 PM
Ronny is on a roll today

AROB44
06-16-2013, 03:46 PM
Great analysis Ronnie. I sure wouldn't want my school's symbol to be a flag denoting second place in a war. In case they don't understand.......it means their side LOST

Goat Holder
06-16-2013, 04:15 PM
Yep, Ronny got it right.

Goat Holder
06-16-2013, 04:16 PM
They need to realize that we are aware of their passive aggressive subtle bullshit.

I don't think they are doing it to get a reaction per se. They are just trying to infiltrate and indirectly steal the spotlight from us. It's simply what fake people do.

Drewbowski
06-16-2013, 05:40 PM
Bravo Ronny. That post brought tears to my eyes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzE1mX4Px0I

Todd4State
06-16-2013, 05:51 PM
Great analysis Ronnie. I sure wouldn't want my school's symbol to be a flag denoting second place in a war. In case they don't understand.......it means their side LOST

This made me laugh.

gravedigger
06-16-2013, 07:09 PM
I agree. But only to the extent that we take the bait. Fact is that they have yet to do ANYTHING with a class.

ANYTHING. We on the other hand have done well in everything but basketball and our coach in that has helped us. It's going to be one lone year if they don't improve next season in all three sports. That means chick fil a or better in bowls, sweet sixteen in basketball and making Omaha in baseball.

Think about that.

And on top of all that, they have to win at our place in football. Sorry. I just don't think they get even one of those three. But I do see our fanbase pretending that coming short of those three is some sort of an accomplishment when it comes to recruiting, or some shitty bowl, or a regional in baseball.

I know I sound like a homer because I am. But I give those panty waste bitches nothing. They can earn it or they can go somewhere else. Mythical national championships don't mean shit except to a group of msu fans that want it to. We own them in 2 of the three major mens sports and unless they go on a run in football we own them in that too.

Our schedule in football will be tough, but not because of them. Remember. Mullen kicked their pompous asses into sawdust in 2009 and they should have kicked ours. 2012 was a year of emotional energy.

Could they turn the tide and win 3 straight? Well, Sure. Do you think we have a coach that will let that happen in any sport? Hell f*^ing no you don't.

I seen it dawg
06-16-2013, 07:25 PM
+1,000,000

Pollodawg
06-16-2013, 09:23 PM
I agree. But only to the extent that we take the bait. Fact is that they have yet to do ANYTHING with a class.

ANYTHING. We on the other hand have done well in everything but basketball and our coach in that has helped us. It's going to be one lone year if they don't improve next season in all three sports. That means chick fil a or better in bowls, sweet sixteen in basketball and making Omaha in baseball.

Think about that.

And on top of all that, they have to win at our place in football. Sorry. I just don't think they get even one of those three. But I do see our fanbase pretending that coming short of those three is some sort of an accomplishment when it comes to recruiting, or some shitty bowl, or a regional in baseball.

I know I sound like a homer because I am. But I give those panty waste bitches nothing. They can earn it or they can go somewhere else. Mythical national championships don't mean shit except to a group of msu fans that want it to. We own them in 2 of the three major mens sports and unless they go on a run in football we own them in that too.

Our schedule in football will be tough, but not because of them. Remember. Mullen kicked their pompous asses into sawdust in 2009 and they should have kicked ours. 2012 was a year of emotional energy.

Could they turn the tide and win 3 straight? Well, Sure. Do you think we have a coach that will let that happen in any sport? Hell f*^ing no you don't.

This. A million times this. Mullen won't be the new Hootin Dale in this rivalry. Bank on it.

Goat Holder
06-16-2013, 09:33 PM
Post of the year.

FlabLoser
06-16-2013, 10:31 PM
I don't care of they get top 25 classes every year.

But if you think they'll continue the same old shit with top 5 classes every year, you need to put down the maroon glasses. We have a serious problem on our hands if they continue to buy top 5 classes while Bracky Brett is still in power.

Pollodawg
06-16-2013, 11:12 PM

But if you think they'll continue the same old shit with top 5 classes every year, you need to put down the maroon glasses. We have a serious problem on our hands if they continue to buy top 5 classes while Bracky Brett is still in power.

That's the thing. I don't think the number one recruit in the nation will fall into their lap every year like it this go around. People can say what they want, but Km(whatever) made that class a top ten class. Without him it's more along the lines of top fifteen.

Todd4State
06-16-2013, 11:42 PM

If push comes to shove, at some point our big dog alums will have a talk with Scott and maybe even Keenum and get Bracky out. That would be like us going 2-10 every year in football and not replacing the coach for five years. I think it will be one of those- either Bracky goes, or you both go deals.

Goat Holder
06-17-2013, 09:13 AM
How do you figure they will get Top 5 classes every year? Ludicrous. Their last 4 classes ranked #38, #20, #47, and #8. So not only did they not have a Top 5 class, but they have had no where close to that outside the Nkemdiche year. Then take into account the attrition they ALWAYS have.

It's not NEAR as good as portrayed.

AROB44
06-17-2013, 10:47 AM
If push comes to shove, at some point our big dog alums will have a talk with Scott and maybe even Keenum and get Bracky out. That would be like us going 2-10 every year in football and not replacing the coach for five years. I think it will be one of those- either Bracky goes, or you both go deals.

This needs to happen sooner rather than later. Get that mfer out!!! And add Duncan Mckenzie as well.

archdog
06-17-2013, 10:58 AM
That's the thing. I don't think the number one recruit in the nation will fall into their lap every year like it this go around. People can say what they want, but Km(whatever) made that class a top ten class. Without him it's more along the lines of top fifteen.

He also brought some others with him. That is what the concensus #1 overall recruit brings you. Now from what I have seen, he is a great player and will be a game changer, but so is Chris Jones.

We have to take care of business on the field in both the wins and the losses. Say what you want, but UM last year was like us in 2009. Our losses that year were still hard fought competitive games, just like UM last year. If we lose next year, they need to be down to the wire close losses. That shows the momentum of the program.

Coach34
06-17-2013, 12:05 PM
OM is going to recruit well with Freezus. They are ALL IN and very organized. They play up the "party school" side of it- especially when big recruits visit, it's gets turned up a notch. ALL IN + parties and girls + organization = good recruiting classes.

We, on the other hand:

Are nowhere near ALL IN
Are not organized
Dont have a real party atmosphere in Starkville. It's too spread out. Instead of an area that everybody can walk around to- Starkville's party scene makes you drive around to different spots for different types of places. And if you are drinking, brings in an element of danger and possible jail time.

Mullen is not Mr Personality- but we arent exactly supplying him with the same weapons other schools have to help him be successful either.

Todd4State
06-17-2013, 12:29 PM
OM is going to recruit well with Freezus. They are ALL IN and very organized. They play up the "party school" side of it- especially when big recruits visit, it's gets turned up a notch. ALL IN + parties and girls + organization = good recruiting classes.

We, on the other hand:

Are nowhere near ALL IN
Are not organized
Dont have a real party atmosphere in Starkville. It's too spread out. Instead of an area that everybody can walk around to- Starkville's party scene makes you drive around to different spots for different types of places. And if you are drinking, brings in an element of danger and possible jail time.

Mullen is not Mr Personality- but we arent exactly supplying him with the same weapons other schools have to help him be successful either.

There is no way for us to be ALL IN as long as Bracky is around. I think we as a fanbase and a program are capable. But when you have the AD snooping around and finding stuff out for the NCAA and being a tattle tail hall monitor- there's not a lot we can do. Except do step one, which is get rid of the hall monitor.

engie
06-17-2013, 01:21 PM
There is no way for us to be ALL IN as long as Bracky is around. I think we as a fanbase and a program are capable. But when you have the AD snooping around and finding stuff out for the NCAA and being a tattle tail hall monitor- there's not a lot we can do. Except do step one, which is get rid of the hall monitor.

Exactly.

Bracky has Mullen's hands tied. After what Freeze did last year and has started out doing this year, Mullen has to see the discrepancy between how the departments are being run and adjust accordingly.

Freeze recruiting as well as he did last year(and is this year) is going to force our hand on it, which is a good thing. Forced improvement is still improvement...

Vandownbytheriver
06-17-2013, 01:53 PM
Can someone explain to me why everything is Bracky's fault? I've seen it referenced a ton of times without anyone actually giving a factual reason. I don't know the guy and if he is dicking us over he needs to go. I'd just once like to actually read some concrete proof he's shitting the bed.

MSUDawg4Life
06-17-2013, 02:08 PM
Can someone explain to me why everything is Bracky's fault? I've seen it referenced a ton of times without anyone actually giving a factual reason. I don't know the guy and if he is dicking us over he needs to go. I'd just once like to actually read some concrete proof he's shitting the bed.

From what I understand folks to be saying is that Bracky won't let us cheat. Or won't look the other way and make it easy for us to cheat like they claim the OM compliance folks do.

Yeah, the dumbest shit I've ever heard too.

msstate7
06-17-2013, 02:29 PM

If Bracky got us through the Redmond ordeal, then I'm not unhappy with him. We pretty much got nothing. Redmond took it on the chin, but we came out as well as you could hope IMO

maroonmania
06-17-2013, 02:44 PM
From what I understand folks to be saying is that Bracky won't let us cheat. Or won't look the other way and make it easy for us to cheat like they claim the OM compliance folks do.

Let's put it this way, while most compliance departments are run with the same attitude that you would get with a defense attorney representing you, from all indications, ours is run with the same mindset of a prosecuting attorney looking to make someone pay for breaking precious NCAA rules. One attitude is to deny, deny and look the other way, the other is to chase down every lead and make sure that all possible violations are reported and paid for. Which attitude do YOU think is going to get more top recruits? We just plain out hung Will Redmond out to dry with the NCAA from all I've heard. Do you not think other recruits find out what happened with him on that and see that he had a 1.5 years of eligibility FLUSHED down the toilet over a few hundred dollars and a discount on a car that most any Joe Blow could have gotten?

Vandownbytheriver
06-17-2013, 02:50 PM
I don't claim to be an expert on the subject at all, but I'm pretty damn positive the NCAA has a hard on for shitting on us. I don't think we are in the position to cheat and cheat well. They are still pissed at Polk, Jackie, and Stans. We might have to run our compliance department like that for a reason.

And as far as the Redmond thing goes, there are so many different versions of that story going around it's hard to know what happened. Some tried to go on a witch hunt while others denied denied denied. I think the real story there is somewhere in between and I could be totally wrong. The way both sides handled that situation makes em both look guilty as hell.

FlabLoser
06-17-2013, 02:54 PM
Bracky performed the NCAA's investigation for them. A better compliance dept wouldn't have done that.

A better compliance dept would know how to walk a fine line to make sure nothing can come back to us. That's not the same thing as going all SMU with it.

We need a compliance dept that defends us and draws clear lines between the defensible and indefensible (so that nothing comes back to us).

engie
06-17-2013, 02:56 PM
The real story in it's entirity will be out there soon enough. Fear not.

But rest assured -- we SHAT the bed with Will Redmond -- and it's going to handcuff our recruiting for the next 7 years that we fall under the repeat offenders clause.

Fried a kid over a total of a couple hundred dollars in inappropriate benefits and a discount on a used car and cost him potentially half of his career eligiblity? And people thinks that we "did a good job"? Seriously?

Coach34
06-17-2013, 02:56 PM

In my opinion and many others, it's our job to run our University in the best way possible to keep up with the rest of the SEC. And do things the same way the other schools do them. Because thats what you and many others expect right? State to compete and beat these other schools?

Dont complain about us not beating these other schools if you dont want to do things in the same way that they do.

As far as Bracky- I know that Redmond and his Mom were sent into face the NCAA without counsel. They were not told that this was an option for them. That is stupid and it's not protecting Redmond or Miss State University. That is straight up incompetence. I know he runs recruiting visits like it's prisoners in a concentration camp. We have some male hosts showing recruits around- and that is done to keep the flirting with recruits to a minimum. How does that help us?

We also bent over backwards for the NCAA. That was just stupid. No other schools do this. Did Auburn sit Cam Newton a few games because his Dad solicited money during recruiting? We penalized ourselves by reducing schollys and visits, firing a coach, crucifying a booster, and suspend a kid 18 games over something extremely minute. We, not the NCAA, WE determined the value of the car to be 2K more than he paid for it.

There's plenty of blame to go around on how the Redmond ordeal was handled. And more will surface I have a feeling before long

maroonmania
06-17-2013, 02:59 PM
Some tried to go on a witch hunt while others denied denied denied.

MSU compliance = witch hunt

From all indications MSU reported itself, investigated itself and sanctioned itself. Pretty easy case for the NCAA.

Vandownbytheriver
06-17-2013, 03:03 PM
MSU compliance = witch hunt

From all indications MSU reported itself, investigated itself and sanctioned itself. Pretty easy case for the NCAA.

It wasn't just MSU that was on a witch hunt. We had every damn site imaginable pointing fingers at the other one. If this shit would have happened with Yancy, David and Neil, no way in hell they turn on each other. All of our folks have to out dumb ass the other one.

Vandownbytheriver
06-17-2013, 03:07 PM
And I in no way believe the parties involved on both sides of this deal got what was appropriate. We basically threw one of our most passionate boosters and a star player under the bus to save face. Banning the booster for life over $200 seems a bit extreme to me as does the 1.5 year ban for poor old Will.

BeastMan
06-17-2013, 03:16 PM
It wasn't just MSU that was on a witch hunt. We had every damn site imaginable pointing fingers at the other one. If this shit would have happened with Yancy, David and Neil, no way in hell they turn on each other. All of our folks have to out dumb ass the other one.

Bingo. Yet we, as a fan base, constantly rell on Yancy and Mr. David for being complete morons but they don't get in near as much damaging back and forth with each other.

Coach34
06-17-2013, 03:16 PM

agree 100%

Our worst enemy is us more often than not

Goat Holder
06-17-2013, 03:58 PM
In my opinion and many others, it's our job to run our University in the best way possible to keep up with the rest of the SEC. And do things the same way the other schools do them. Because thats what you and many others expect right? State to compete and beat these other schools?

I'm not so sure I agree with this. Don't get me wrong, I want our compliance department run as you say. I'm with you there. But I just don't think we can simply do things the other way other schools do them and be able to beat them. Schools like Alabama/LSU/Georgia simply have more resources to recruit to, so we're not going to beat them head to head.

No, we have to do things unconventionally. I have no clue what that is, but I do know that a spread offense, redshirting project players (mostly from MS), JUCOs, and transfers have to be a part of it. Dual threat QBs seem to be the way to do it as well.

FlabLoser
06-17-2013, 04:04 PM
Good - let's be unconventional and more creative than the big schools. Maybe even more like Ole Miss.

Rumor is Ole Miss handles crootin related communication between the university and other parties through a private 3rd party law firm. This allows them to use client confidentiality as a trump card to FOIA requsts that websites and media use to investigate things. See, now that's what I'm talking about.

Bracky has to go.

maroonmania
06-17-2013, 04:37 PM
I'm not so sure I agree with this. Don't get me wrong, I want our compliance department run as you say. I'm with you there. But I just don't think we can simply do things the other way other schools do them and be able to beat them. Schools like Alabama/LSU/Georgia simply have more resources to recruit to, so we're not going to beat them head to head.

No, we have to do things unconventionally. I have no clue what that is, but I do know that a spread offense, redshirting project players (mostly from MS), JUCOs, and transfers have to be a part of it. Dual threat QBs seem to be the way to do it as well.

Pretty sure Coach was talking about keeping up with the SEC in how we play the recruiting "game". Don't think he was talking at all about how we run the program. At least that's what I interpreted from it.

Goat Holder
06-17-2013, 04:37 PM
Good - let's be unconventional and more creative than the big schools. Maybe even more like Ole Miss.

Ole Miss doesn't do anything unconventional at all. They are simply trying to out-recruit the big boys, whether it be by portraying some fake image or paying. That's nothing new, and won't help them out-recruit the big boys. Will they improve? Sure. But they ain't winning the SEC anytime soon, barring an aberration similar to us in 1998.

What is creative about taking recruits to bars? Wearing bowties? All that stuff existed before Hugh Freeze and his dream recrootin staff got there.

Goat Holder
06-17-2013, 04:39 PM
We can't hang with them on that either, their boosters have more money than us. Best we can hope for in that regard is keeping the MS players from leaving the state, like Jermaine "it's business, coach" Whitehead.

I'm just telling it like it is. It's going to take some real outside the box thinking for us to compete year in year out in football. Not as simple as saying, "hey let's go pay a bunch of guys SMU style!!!!" They doesn't hold up.

Coach34
06-17-2013, 04:43 PM
Ole Miss doesn't do anything unconventional at all. They are simply trying to out-recruit the big boys, whether it be by portraying some fake image or paying. That's nothing new, and won't help them out-recruit the big boys. Will they improve? Sure. But they ain't winning the SEC anytime soon, barring an aberration similar to us in 1998.

What is creative about taking recruits to bars? Wearing bowties? All that stuff existed before Hugh Freeze and his dream recrootin staff got there.

I will say that paying recruits through their Aunties and other family members outside the immediate family is pretty creative- not much the NCAA can do there

engie
06-17-2013, 05:06 PM
We can't hang with them on that either, their boosters have more money than us.

This is categorically incorrect -- and has been for awhile -- at least in the overall scope of university-wide funding.

They've got more boosters "playing the game" at a higher level, that much I agree with -- and that is our own fault...

Goat Holder
06-17-2013, 05:54 PM
This is categorically incorrect -- and has been for awhile -- at least in the overall scope of university-wide funding.

They've got more boosters "playing the game" at a higher level, that much I agree with -- and that is our own fault...

Come on, are you guys seriously believing the line that the answer to our football problems are to simply cheat better? I don't buy that. Yeah, let's do our thing on the compliance like I said earlier. Whatever, I'll take you guys' word on Bracky. Let's get that shored up. But by simply paying players all we're doing is merely keeping up, not pulling ahead. Unless we land a Cam Newton, which let's face it, doesn't come around too often. And certainly not enough to depend on consistently.

Auburn/Alabama/LSU/etc. are bigger, have more alumni, bigger facilities, therefore more money. Stands to reason that across the board their alumni have a little more money on the whole.

At any rate, playing that game is just something that will get done anyway. It's not a way to get ahead. I don't want to end up like SMU, which happens when a bunch of lollypops start trying to act cool. And mark my words if we ever win big, you better believe we better have our shit in order. Best to let the big dogs do the real work. They were there long before you and I ever tried to figure all this out, and they'll be there long after.

What MSU itself should do, is go outside the box.

Coach34
06-17-2013, 06:51 PM
we're not ever going to be ahead Goat- I just want to pull equal for a couple of years.

Being a perenniel bowl team will help- as will making Starkville more "fun"- but being organized is the main factor