PDA

View Full Version : South Carolina Scout site is reporting Muschamp to South Carolina

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2014, 02:49 PM
Looks like Muschamp wants to be the next head coach at South Carolina. Hard to blame him

http://southcarolina.scout.com/story/1488773-done-deal-muschamp-coming-to-south-carolina#.VIHSi8grdDI.twitter

maroonmania
12-05-2014, 02:51 PM
Looks like Muschamp wants to be the next head coach at South Carolina. Hard to blame him

http://southcarolina.scout.com/story/1488773-done-deal-muschamp-coming-to-south-carolina#.VIHSi8grdDI.twitter

And why exactly would SC hire a guy for HC that failed in the same position at FL? WM needs to just focus on putting out a good defense for the time being.

Dawg61
12-05-2014, 02:56 PM
And why exactly would SC hire a guy for HC that failed in the same position at FL? WM needs to just focus on putting out a good defense for the time being.

They still hold the right to not hire him as HC later and used that as a selling point to get him. Smart. They are paying him close to $2 mill to be DC. Wow. Salaries are getting stupid.

TrapGame
12-05-2014, 02:58 PM
ESPN mentioned a few weeks ago that Muschamp and Spurrier have become very good friends. Muschamp started calling him for advice when he got the Florida job.

defiantdog
12-05-2014, 03:00 PM
This is a good fit for Muschamp, if true.

codeDawg
12-05-2014, 03:04 PM
ESPN mentioned a few weeks ago that Muschamp and Spurrier have become very good friends. Muschamp started calling him for advice when he got the Florida job.

I think Muschamp can still be a pretty good HC, but obviously was not ready for Florida. Some time with Spurrier as a mentor will help him tremendously.

Beaver
12-05-2014, 03:07 PM
Apparently Spurrier hasn't hired him, and Muschamp is in the Dominican Republic. LINK (http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24868918/spurrier-muschamp-each-refute-muschamp-to-gamecocks-report)

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2014, 03:09 PM
Apparently Spurrier hasn't hired him, and Muschamp is in the Dominican Republic. LINK (http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24868918/spurrier-muschamp-each-refute-muschamp-to-gamecocks-report)

Yeah, I saw this as well. My guess is that the answer falls somewhere in between. Muschamp is probably out of the country and told Spurrier they would work it out when he got back. You never know from fan websites, but it would be highly embarrassing if this USC reporter was completely wrong here.

My guess is that he knows something and wasn't supposed to report till a later date.

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2014, 03:12 PM
Bruce Feldman just tweeted this:

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 5m5 minutes ago
That report about Will Muschamp being "a done deal" to #SouthCarolina is not accurate. I'm told WM is not close to any decision on next job.

However, Feldman has proven to be an ass hat over the past few weeks, and I wouldn't be shocked if he was being given the "company line" here.

Again, my guess is that the South Carolina reporter is probably right, but reported this before he was supposed to.

msstate7
12-05-2014, 03:15 PM
Since spurrier got him fired, maybe he's going there with the intention of getting spurrier fired now*******

Beaver
12-05-2014, 03:15 PM
Muschamp is probably out of the country and told Spurrier they would work it out when he got back.

Either way...It must be nice to take your family to a resort in the Caribbean (all expenses paid by the employer who fired you) since you don't have to prepare for a bowl game or hit the recruiting trail.

jumbo
12-05-2014, 04:58 PM
I'd rather him go to SC than Auburn

Thick
12-05-2014, 05:39 PM
I'd rather him go to SC than Auburn

^^^^This^^^^

DLGDawg
12-05-2014, 05:40 PM
Was reading several boards the other day when some were saying muschamp was going to au. SC guys were saying we are still in the hunt for muschamp.

Him going to SC makes the most sense of all I read.

engie
12-05-2014, 06:32 PM
Does it really matter?

Auburn is going to drop a mil+ on their next DC. They are going to cherrypick a badass. We can always hope it doesn't work out -- but chance are, they make an excellent hire...

Todd4State
12-05-2014, 06:45 PM
Was reading several boards the other day when some were saying muschamp was going to au. SC guys were saying we are still in the hunt for muschamp.

Him going to SC makes the most sense of all I read.

What do you mean "we"?

DLGDawg
12-05-2014, 07:35 PM
Ha....we as in South Carolina. Am on phone and didn't take time to put quotation marks. Was basically repeating what I read on their board.
What do you mean "we"?

War Machine Dawg
12-05-2014, 07:54 PM
Does it really matter?

Auburn is going to drop a mil+ on their next DC. They are going to cherrypick a badass. We can always hope it doesn't work out -- but chance are, they make an excellent hire...

I'd imagine they've got Pelini on the phone and are ready to hand him a blank check and tell him to write in his number.

TUSK
12-05-2014, 10:30 PM
Does it really matter?

This is correct. especially if Bammer weasels out a 732nd NC...

Aubies' make the Soviet/USA Cold War Race look like a couple of Old Jewish women tryin to use coupons at a yard sale.

Dawg61
12-05-2014, 11:51 PM
This is correct. especially if Bammer weasels out a 732nd NC...

Aubies' make the Soviet/USA Cold War Race look like a couple of Old Jewish women tryin to use coupons at a yard sale.

See now this is funny. Tusk I gave you shit about the 16 championships and you've turned around and made light of that and it's funny. Well done Sir.

TUSK
12-06-2014, 12:03 AM
See now this is funny. Tusk I gave you shit about the 16 championships and you've turned around and made light of that and it's funny. Well done Sir.

You must be counting this year, yes?

It's only 15.*

Dawg61
12-06-2014, 12:14 AM
You must be counting this year, yes?

It's only 15.*

Oh not this shit again

RiverCityDawg
12-06-2014, 09:04 AM
Does it really matter?

Their last three haven't worked out, so yes it matters. They've proven they struggle to get the right DC in there, but Muschamp is pretty much a sure thing. Another name that has been out there is the DC for Memphis. Who would you rather Auburn hire?