PDA

View Full Version : TCU@OM going on now on ESPNU...

maroonmania
12-04-2014, 10:24 PM
TCU currently up 37-31 with about 15 minutes to go. Interesting to see for comparison given we just played TCU on the road.

msstate7
12-04-2014, 10:25 PM
I don't think that tcu loss will look bad at all by the end of the season. They've looked solid both times Ive seen then now

maroonmania
12-04-2014, 10:38 PM
Feeling better about our TCU loss for sure. They are up 15 in Oxford right now with around 9 minutes to play.

engie
12-04-2014, 10:52 PM
This is a thumping. TCU is just a good defensive team. They basically took Summers out of this game and OM has had no answer. OM shooting 25% from the field. TCU not great shooting but are fundamentally pretty good overall...

engie
12-04-2014, 10:54 PM
Side note -- Iowa St is really good.

CadaverDawg
12-04-2014, 10:55 PM
What's the OM score?

msstate7
12-04-2014, 10:58 PM
This is a thumping. TCU is just a good defensive team. They basically took Summers out of this game and OM has had no answer. OM shooting 25% from the field. TCU not great shooting but are fundamentally pretty good overall...

Tcu is 4th in the country in defensive fg %.

I don't feel as bad about our 36.5% shooting against Tcu now

msstate7
12-04-2014, 11:00 PM
What's the OM score?

60-45 Tcu

CadaverDawg
12-04-2014, 11:03 PM
60-45 Tcu

Nice.

Dawg61
12-04-2014, 11:09 PM
I don't think that tcu loss will look bad at all by the end of the season. They've looked solid both times Ive seen then now

Big12 is very deep this year.

Kansas
Kansas St.
Oklahoma
Ok State
Texas
Baylor
Iowa St.
West Virginia

all of these teams are good. That puts TCU 9th. 9 teams have NCAA potential. That's deep.

RougeDawg
12-04-2014, 11:33 PM
Ended up winning 64-52 I believe. And it was in the Sad Pad.

Another thing I noticed this evening when scrolling through this weeks SEC BBall scores, Auburn lost to TX Tech 46-44. That's pathetic and sounds like a women's score. Seeing this score and OM, looks like we will finish somewhere in the middle of the pack this year. That doesn't speak well for the conference.

ETA: and by middle I mean somewhere between 7-11.

maroonmania
12-04-2014, 11:50 PM

Another thing I noticed this evening when scrolling through this weeks SEC BBall scores, Auburn lost to TX Tech 46-44. That's pathetic and sounds like a women's score. Seeing this score and OM, looks like we will finish somewhere in the middle of the pack this year. That doesn't speak well for the conference.

As usual the SEC will have KY and then 2 to 3 other decent teams and the rest will be garbage. Don't see that changing anytime soon. All the SEC has in basketball are a bunch of athletes. Most can't shoot and don't know squat about the basic fundamentals of basketball (thanks AAU). And I'm talking about things like ball handling, passing, shooting free throws, rebound positioning, etc. Its amazing the basketball IQ difference between a lot of schools from other parts of the country where basketball is important compared to the level of play we get in the SEC.

thf24
12-05-2014, 04:01 AM
As usual the SEC will have KY and then 2 to 3 other decent teams and the rest will be garbage. Don't see that changing anytime soon. All the SEC has in basketball are a bunch of athletes. Most can't shoot and don't know squat about the basic fundamentals of basketball (thanks AAU). And I'm talking about things like ball handling, passing, shooting free throws, rebound positioning, etc. Its amazing the basketball IQ difference between a lot of schools from other parts of the country where basketball is important compared to the level of play we get in the SEC.

It's really sad. AAU is killing basketball in the southeast and no one seems to want to do anything about it. Then again, what can anyone do about it? The major players in the region who could maybe exert some influence (UK, UNC, Duke, ect.) don't really care because they can recruit nationally and get practically anyone they want, and honestly they probably even like it because their most direct competition are the ones who are stuck with the athletic but unskilled players the sprawling, out-of-control AAU machine is producing.

Coach34
12-05-2014, 07:07 AM
I tried to people Trent Johnson could coach

Miss. Stake
12-05-2014, 09:18 AM
I tried to people Trent Johnson could coach

so what happened at LSU then

MabenMaroon
12-05-2014, 09:20 AM

114-58, 97-66,93-83,74-61,88-77,80-46,85-45, and 108-59 sounds like our women's team scores!

Coach34
12-05-2014, 10:00 AM

He won an SEC title???

same thing that's happening at every other SEC school- southeastern high school basketball prospects are overrated garbage. Anthony Grant is another that can coach- and he is getting recruits- but no results. Hell, look at the end of Stands tenure- highly ranked players but no real results.

engie
12-05-2014, 10:07 AM

Trying to 'croot the starz happened...

This is the problem I have when people take issue with Ray's approach. Anger over him not recruiting the same way the last 20 good coaches failed doesn't make sense. Now, our "ratings" are getting higher, but the blueprint is staying the same. You can see that we are recruiting distinct player traits -- not just going out and getting the highest rated ballets we can find...

maroonmania
12-05-2014, 10:24 AM
It's really sad. AAU is killing basketball in the southeast and no one seems to want to do anything about it. Then again, what can anyone do about it? The major players in the region who could maybe exert some influence (UK, UNC, Duke, ect.) don't really care because they can recruit nationally and get practically anyone they want, and honestly they probably even like it because their most direct competition are the ones who are stuck with the athletic but unskilled players the sprawling, out-of-control AAU machine is producing.

Hey, but they can run up and down the floor and dunk! Yippee!