PDA

View Full Version : Who's telling the truth?

MabenMaroon
12-04-2014, 08:16 PM
Heard on national sports talk radio that Jeremy Foley said the Jim McElwain was the first and only candidate for the UF job. Was listening to H2H radio this afternoon and Michael Borky ( sp?; sitting in for Dicky Cross ) said that the Rev. Bucky had turned them down. Somebody is lying, just don't know who to believe***

msstate7
12-04-2014, 08:19 PM
Did freeze interview behind om's back? I don't think he was offered anything without an interview first

SDDawg
12-04-2014, 08:20 PM
Ross Bjork's dumbass picture with the bass is the only *truth* OMers care about. They'll spend $1M in a week for some PR for their goons/fans and brag about it. Morons.

Dawg61
12-04-2014, 08:34 PM
Ross Bjork's dumbass picture with the bass is the only *truth* OMers care about. They'll spend $1M in a week for some PR for their goons/fans and brag about it. Morons.

Haha so true! Ole Miss will gladly give Bucky a raise for the week of national attention it brought.

RIdog
12-04-2014, 08:38 PM
Bucky isn't the only one who turned them down . My source is a close friend / business associate who's spouse is on the Florida board . McElwaine was , at best , 4th choice . BTW , Foley is on extremely thin ice himself .

Political Hack
12-04-2014, 08:46 PM
I'm sure Florida is in the business of offering a bunch of people jobs without interviewing them.***

RIdog
12-04-2014, 09:00 PM
I'm sure Florida is in the business of offering a bunch of people jobs without interviewing them.***

Nah , but i'm pretty sure contact with agents can be a good measure of interest .

CadaverDawg
12-04-2014, 09:11 PM
Bucky isn't the only one who turned them down . My source is a close friend / business associate who's spouse is on the Florida board . McElwaine was , at best , 4th choice . BTW , Foley is on extremely thin ice himself .

Sorry, but I think this is Bullshit

Liverpooldawg
12-04-2014, 09:12 PM
Heard on national sports talk radio that Jeremy Foley said the Jim McElwain was the first and only candidate for the UF job. Was listening to H2H radio this afternoon and Michael Borky ( sp?; sitting in for Dicky Cross ) said that the Rev. Bucky had turned them down. Somebody is lying, just don't know who to believe***

Sexton, enough said.

Schultzy
12-04-2014, 09:13 PM
Sexton put it out there to get more money for his client, there was no interest from Florida and no interview. It also did not bother UF that this obvious bluff cost um more than it should have.

RIdog
12-04-2014, 09:15 PM
Sorry, but I think this is Bullshit

Think what you will - you really think McElwaine & his 7 million $$$$ buyout was their 1st choice ?

FlabLoser
12-04-2014, 09:19 PM
The news leak that happened at 10pm on Sunday night was timed for Monday morning water cooler discussion. It was timed to break fear, uncertainty, & attention up to a fever pitch for just 24 hrs. After about 24 hrs, Hugh "agreed to terms" with Ole Miss. This was constructed to make fans and recruits think Ole Miss is a better place than Florida.

Anybody who believes that in just 24 hours time Freeze was offered by UF, said to be mulling over offers, then signed with Ole Miss is an idiot. Probably the same type that believes a D Line coach with 0 years experience with D Line coaching can just go out and sign the #1 DL recruit in the country. Probably the same guy that thinks a 1st year head coach can just up and sign the #5 class in the country and its all legit.

Liverpooldawg
12-04-2014, 09:25 PM
Don't laugh either. Sexton's little stunt and UM's believing it is going to cost us money too. Even the Rebs at Rotary agreed with that today. Unlike Bjork, they aren't fools.

engie
12-04-2014, 09:26 PM
Think what you will - you really think McElwaine & his 7 million $$$$ buyout was their 1st choice ?

Fail to follow this logic. If they were willing to pay a big buyout -- it stands to reason he was a pretty high priority for them...

msstate7
12-04-2014, 09:28 PM
Fail to follow this logic. If they were willing to pay a big buyout -- it stands to reason he was a pretty high priority for them...

I agree. If JM was 4th, just got to 5th guy and save 5-7 million

CadaverDawg
12-04-2014, 09:44 PM

Yep. He was definitely ahead of Freeze. If you think Freeze was interviewed and offered the job that quickly, I've got some ocean front property in Noxapater I'll sell you at a great price.

And I'm not saying YOU are full of shit....but I'm afraid your "Source" is full of shit. No offense.

Oh, and you mentioned "contact with agents to measure interest"....which is far different from being "offered the job", which is what the OP was questioning.

DownwardDawg
12-04-2014, 10:17 PM

He's been their top choice even before muschamp was fired.

phatdog
12-04-2014, 10:26 PM
They never offered Bucky. Foley knows about Bucky's recruiting practices and was not going to take a risk hiring someone who could eventually be banned by the NCAA.

Todd4State
12-04-2014, 10:46 PM
He's been their top choice even before muschamp was fired.

McElwain is a really good coach. I don't know if he was Florida's top choice, but he's an awfully good pick-up. Colorado State was 3-9 when he got there, and now he has them as a 10 win team in year three. And Colorado is not exactly a hot bed of football talent and he has to compete with a power five school in state for what little talent there is.

sbcmortgageman
12-04-2014, 10:50 PM
Sexton is the same dumbass who agreed to the 7.5 million buyout for his client - McElwain. It almost cost his client a darn good job.

CadaverDawg
12-04-2014, 10:54 PM
Sexton is the same dumbass who agreed to the 7.5 million buyout for his client - McElwain. It almost cost his client a darn good job.

He sounds pretty smart to me, ha. In the last week, he got McElwain 6 years at 3.5 mil per year and a monster buyout, AND Bucky Beaver a raise after finishing middle of the pack and losing 30-0 to the worst team in the division. Dude made himself a fortune this week, so I find it hard to say he's a dumbass. Or better yet, I wish I was a dumbass too!

Apoplectic
12-04-2014, 11:34 PM

Your source is wrong....Bjdork got played, godfrey was tossed a bone, and bucky got paid. UF never seriously considered bucky - this was all manufactered to win the day.

ScottH
12-05-2014, 12:05 AM
If McElwaine (sp?) gets 3.5, Beeyork got used by Sexton

Cost of winning the press conference - between 2mm and 4mm of my math is correct. That's an expensive press conference.

For the love of god, I hope Sexton at least sent Beeyork flowers afterwards.

That AD looks like in amateur in this one.

hells bells
12-05-2014, 12:09 AM
Cadaver, if the ocean front property in Noxapater, ie Big Lake-Indian Logo is located in front of Woody's and Ms Sipps you are on big man.

preachermatt83
12-05-2014, 12:15 AM
Yep. He was definitely ahead of Freeze. If you think Freeze was interviewed and offered the job that quickly, I've got some ocean front property in Noxapater I'll sell you at a great price.

And I'm not saying YOU are full of shit....but I'm afraid your "Source" is full of shit. No offense.

Oh, and you mentioned "contact with agents to measure interest"....which is far different from being "offered the job", which is what the OP was questioning.

u from noxapater cadaver?

messageboardsuperhero
12-05-2014, 12:19 AM
Freeze wasn't offered shit. UM leaked this BS made up Florida interest to a few journalists with UM ties/sources to stir up controversy, only to heroically swoop in and flip their own coach back to the rebs- thus winning the press conference and the "hearts of America." Many of us saw this coming a mile away.

Florida isn't going to offer someone the head football coach job without even interviewing them.

ETA: And no, I'm not saying Godfrey or the UM grad radio host from Texas knowingly did this to try and be apart of some plan. I just think the people they know from UM who give them inside info grossly overstated Florida's interest in Freeze.

sbcmortgageman
12-05-2014, 05:42 AM
He sounds pretty smart to me, ha. In the last week, he got McElwain 6 years at 3.5 mil per year and a monster buyout, AND Bucky Beaver a raise after finishing middle of the pack and losing 30-0 to the worst team in the division. Dude made himself a fortune this week, so I find it hard to say he's a dumbass. Or better yet, I wish I was a dumbass too!

Looking at it like that, I guess you're right.