PDA

View Full Version : MLB.com top 50 2015 Prospects...

engie
12-04-2014, 06:51 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/prospects/watch/y2015/#list=draft

No MSU signees.

Only thing I found overly interesting was the presence of larger Johnny Manziel clone and elite 5* aTm commit QB Kyler Murray...

msstate7
12-04-2014, 07:06 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/prospects/watch/y2015/#list=draft

No MSU signees.

Only thing I found overly interesting was the presence of larger Johnny Manziel clone and elite 5* aTm commit QB Kyler Murray...

I love football, but that kid should sign an mlb contract. Less physical contact and better money if you make the show than the Nfl

Todd4State
12-04-2014, 07:06 PM
That's a good sign because they do evaluate signability with their rankings. The other thing I noticed is it appears to be a very college dominated draft at least at this point so far.

BrunswickDawg
12-04-2014, 07:12 PM
That's a good sign because they do evaluate signability with their rankings. The other thing I noticed is it appears to be a very college dominated draft at least at this point so far.
You are going to see this more and more. Why spend the money on development when the big college programs can do it for you? You don't see anywhere near the number of HS pitchers being drafted that you saw 10 years ago.

Todd4State
12-04-2014, 07:19 PM
You are going to see this more and more. Why spend the money on development when the big college programs can do it for you? You don't see anywhere near the number of HS pitchers being drafted that you saw 10 years ago.

That was one of the big things that Moneyball did- point out that college players a lot of times make it more quickly than high school players. IMO if you are a high school player you should go to college unless you are a sure fire first round pick or your family desperately needs the money.

engie
12-04-2014, 07:26 PM
For our sake, I hope he does sign MLB...

2 time Gatorade POY in the state of Texas in football. Know how hard that is to do? He's won 39 straight and put up 65 TDs this year... http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1422152/highlights/162912379

messageboardsuperhero
12-04-2014, 08:53 PM
Wow, kind of shocked to see Pickett, Riley, Fenter, etc. all miss this list... Then again it does look like the draft has been moving pretty dramatically towards college players in recent years- so this is a very good sign for us.

Also interesting to see so many Vandy commits, including Donny Everett who I had wished we could have gotten. Hopefully they get decimated by the draft- but knowing Corbin he's probably got 10 more just as good right behind those guys.

engie
12-04-2014, 09:19 PM
Vandy will get decimated -- they always do. It's the 1-2 guys they get to school that makes it all worthwhile...

Todd4State
12-04-2014, 10:00 PM
Wow, kind of shocked to see Pickett, Riley, Fenter, etc. all miss this list... Then again it does look like the draft has been moving pretty dramatically towards college players in recent years- so this is a very good sign for us.

Also interesting to see so many Vandy commits, including Donny Everett who I had wished we could have gotten. Hopefully they get decimated by the draft- but knowing Corbin he's probably got 10 more just as good right behind those guys.

Pickett struggled in an All-Star tournament late in the summer season. He's still in the top 60-80 range and is probably a wait and see type guy for scouts this summer. There are also some things with his all-around game like defense that he could improve upon that going to college might help him with.

Most of our recruits are probably going to be tough to sign. Getting them all into school isn't likely, but it honestly wouldn't totally shock me either at this point.

messageboardsuperhero
12-04-2014, 10:24 PM
Pickett struggled in an All-Star tournament late in the summer season. He's still in the top 60-80 range and is probably a wait and see type guy for scouts this summer. There are also some things with his all-around game like defense that he could improve upon that going to college might help him with.

Most of our recruits are probably going to be tough to sign. Getting them all into school isn't likely, but it honestly wouldn't totally shock me either at this point.

I'd be shocked if we got them all in- but that's just because of the sheer number of draftable players we have committed. On an individual, person-to-person basis though, there's not a single one that I feel like we don't have a very good shot at getting to campus.

smootness
12-05-2014, 12:14 AM
Getting Pickett would be HUGE. That would dramatically improve our offense pretty quickly.

Todd4State
12-05-2014, 02:30 AM
Getting Pickett would be HUGE. That would dramatically improve our offense pretty quickly.

Riley is an outstanding power hitter as well. I really believe he could be a dual position guy for us.

Miss. Stake
12-05-2014, 10:17 AM
For our sake, I hope he does sign MLB...

2 time Gatorade POY in the state of Texas in football. Know how hard that is to do? He's won 39 straight and put up 65 TDs this year... http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1422152/highlights/162912379

Wow. Has anyone ever accomplished that before? That highlight vid is sick...