PDA

View Full Version : Very interesting scenario on SVP.....

HoopsDawg
12-04-2014, 02:47 PM
Bama, Oregon, and TCU all win and are in.

FSU loses to GT. OSU loses to Wisconsin. Baylor loses to Kansas State. Not that improbable.

We actually have the best argument to be #4.

HoopsDawg
12-04-2014, 02:52 PM

FSU loses to GT. OSU loses to Wisconsin. Baylor loses to Kansas State. Not that improbable.

Van Pelt leaned to Wisconsin since they would be big 10 champs. Stanford Steve said GT since they would be ACC champs. And Russillo said Kansas State.

DawgInMemphis
12-04-2014, 02:53 PM

I don't see how we'd jump KState or Mich State.

Political Hack
12-04-2014, 02:56 PM

I don't see how KState or Mich St should ever be in front of us to begin with... but yeah, I agree.

whatever
12-04-2014, 03:11 PM
Add to that Missouri and Arizona winning and it's total chaos.

It won't all happen, but it's very possible that FSU, Baylor, and Ohio State lose

dawgpound
12-04-2014, 03:25 PM
enough things will happen to make it where if we would have won the egg bowl we would be in the playoff though

cheewgumm
12-04-2014, 03:28 PM
2 things working against us

1 we blew the egg bowl. Had our chance and whiffed big time. Laid a big fat egg ( pun intended)

2 bias- we should be ranked 7 per
BCS

messageboardsuperhero
12-04-2014, 03:58 PM
enough things will happen to make it where if we would have won the egg bowl we would be in the playoff though

Yep. And that is what makes me sick.

Craziness always happens at the end of the year. I fully expect some combination of FSU, Oregon, Ohio State, and/or Baylor losing- which would have cemented us as a playoff team had we won the EB.

HoopsDawg
12-04-2014, 04:15 PM

Michigan State has no argument whatsoever. KState would be tough to jump but we beat AU, they lost to AU.

Michigan State's best win is Nebraska who just fired their coach. Their 2nd best win it tough to call. I guess Indiana.

Boya
12-04-2014, 05:23 PM
Us losing the Egg Bowl was part of the end of the year craziness

But...

There was no way in Hell the committee was ever going to allow two major conferences to get shutout of the playoff in the first year of the playoff by letting two in from one conference. We were out when we lost to Bama...unless we somehow made it to ATL and won the SEC

HoopsDawg
12-04-2014, 05:28 PM

But...

There was no way in Hell the committee was ever going to allow two major conferences to get shutout of the playoff in the first year of the playoff by letting two in from one conference. We were out when we lost to Bama...unless we somehow made it to ATL and won the SEC

If we would have won the Egg Bowl, we would be in. 100%.

Political Hack
12-04-2014, 05:57 PM

agree. 100%.

CadaverDawg
12-04-2014, 06:33 PM

But...

I disagree... If FSU and Ohio State lose Saturday, there will be 2 Big 12 teams in the playoff if Baylor wins. That's a very likely scenario that nobody is talking about.

Bama
Oregon
TCU
Baylor

MabenMaroon
12-04-2014, 08:24 PM
I disagree... If FSU and Ohio State lose Saturday, there will be 2 Big 12 teams in the playoff if Baylor wins. That's a very likely scenario that nobody is talking about.

Bama
Oregon
TCU
Baylor

I am thinking that is the way it will play out. Wouldn't want to play TCU the way they played against UT or OU, both on the road.

dawgs
12-04-2014, 08:28 PM

Yep. Don't downplay how much we choked.

dawgs
12-04-2014, 08:30 PM
I am thinking that is the way it will play out. Wouldn't want to play TCU the way they played against UT or OU, both on the road.

Tcu barely beat ou and it was on ft worth. They did destroy texas in Austin. Baylor destroyed ou in Norman, but kinda struggled against Texas.

What's funny with tcu/baylor is that the teams baylor handled, tcu kinda struggled with, and the teams tcu handled, baylor kinda struggled with. Obviously a few exceptions.