12-04-2014, 02:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4Vc05R44xc

Pretty interesting.

Political Hack
12-04-2014, 02:09 PM
interesting enough to provide a link?

codeDawg
12-04-2014, 02:20 PM
I think he said an OSU loss / Wisconsin win drops UM from the top tier bowls and we would play in the Peach against Wisconsin.

Buddy
12-04-2014, 02:27 PM
I think he said an OSU loss / Wisconsin win drops UM from the top tier bowls and we would play in the Peach against Wisconsin.

And I think he said a Wisconsin loss puts Ole Miss in the Peach and us in the Cotton. Not sure I follow his logic on that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ozyjq4DCho&feature=youtu.be

Political Hack
12-04-2014, 02:42 PM
And I think he said a Wisconsin loss puts Ole Miss in the Peach and us in the Cotton. Not sure I follow his logic on that.

A Wisconsin loss will possibly allow Ole Miss to move into the Group of 6. A Wisconsin win and they're out of the big bowls. I think he's wrong though. I think Ole Miss would go to the Cotton and State to the Peach. Ole Miss isn't going to be sent back to the Peach when they've already played there once this season against another team that's likely in the Group of 6 (Boise). They'll go back to the Cotton even if they're in.

I think Peach is it.

codeDawg
12-04-2014, 02:48 PM

I think the scenario is that a Wisconsin loss drops them out completely. A Wisconsin win, puts them in. OSU has to go somewhere along with Wisconsin, so that puts us against Wisconsin in the Peach, and Michigan State and OSU go to the Orange and Cotton. That eats UM's spot.

bulldogcountry1
12-04-2014, 02:55 PM
The question is how far can we expect to move up or drop. If KSU loses, do we jump them? If Ga. tech wins, do they jump us?

What, if any, games matter to us, and who should we pull for?

codeDawg
12-04-2014, 03:08 PM
The question is how far can we expect to move up or drop. If KSU loses, do we jump them? If Ga. tech wins, do they jump us?

What, if any, games matter to us, and who should we pull for?

I don't think anything matters for us. By this guy's chart, we're going to either the Peach or the Cotton, but 90% the Peach. The only real variable is OSU losing pushes UM out and cements the Peach for us.

Political Hack
12-04-2014, 03:38 PM
I don't think anything matters for us. By this guy's chart, we're going to either the Peach or the Cotton, but 90% the Peach. The only real variable is OSU losing pushes UM out and cements the Peach for us.

won't matter. He's not considering that their fan base traveled to Atlanta for the same game 12 weeks ago.

M.Fillmore
12-04-2014, 08:23 PM
Jerry Palm has been saying for two months that we would be in the Orange Bowl. Why are are we out of OB discussions?

FWIW, Palm now has us in the Peach vs TCU and the Bears in the Gator vs Maryland.

FlabLoser
12-04-2014, 08:30 PM
Zzzzz... Just tell me who to root for and I'll wait till Sunday to see the bowl match ups.

blacklistedbully
12-04-2014, 08:53 PM
It's pretty simple. He's saying:

If Wisconsin beats Ohio State:

Peach - Us vs Wisconsin
Orange - GT vs either Ohio State or Michigan State
Cotton - Baylor/K-State winner vs Ohio State or Michigan State
Ole Miss out due to being passed over in rankings by Wisconsin

If Ohio State beats Wisconsin:

Peach - Ohio State vs us or TSUN
Orange - GT vs Michigan State
Cotton - Baylor/K-State winner vs us or TSUN.

TSUN gets in with Wisconsin loss because they'll finish higher ranked than Whisky.

CadaverDawg
12-04-2014, 09:03 PM
Playing Wisconsin would be kinda "meh", IMO. They could definitely beat us, they're just not a sexy opponent at all. Would much rather play OSU, FSU, TCU, or Baylor. Wisconsin is about as exciting of an opponent as Georgia Tech would be.

blacklistedbully
12-04-2014, 09:08 PM
Personally, I'd like to face an Ohio State winner in the Peach, as they'd be a Top 5 team, giving us a chance to maximize our final ranking when we beat them.

But I suspect GT is going to beat FSU, so if Ohio State beats Wisconsin, they might move into the playoffs. If that happens, I wonder if we'd then draw FSU in the Peach. I would LOVE to beat the shit outta FSU in a bowl. In that scenario, TSUN probably gets the Baylor/K-State winner in the Cotton.

But if GT beats FSU and Wisconsin beats Ohio State, TSUN is probably out, with Wisconsin taking the Cotton Bowl spot. I'm guessing Baylor would move up to the playoff with a win over K-State, and K-State playing Wisconsin in the Cotton.