PDA

View Full Version : One year too late for the Sugar Bowl....

maroonmania
12-04-2014, 01:00 PM
Just another reason to miss the BCS but after all of these years of us wanting to make the Sugar Bowl, if this year's scenario had played out under last year's system and assuming Bama beats Mizzou this Saturday then it would have been almost guaranteed that we would have been the Sugar Bowl SEC invite. Oh well, just wasn't meant to be I guess.

DownwardDawg
12-04-2014, 01:05 PM
Just another reason to miss the BCS but after all of these years of us wanting to make the Sugar Bowl, if this year's scenario had played out under last year's system and assuming Bama beats Mizzou this Saturday then it would have been almost guaranteed that we would have been the Sugar Bowl SEC invite. Oh well, just wasn't meant to be I guess.

Yep. Every day that passes I miss the BCS more and more.

NCDawg
12-04-2014, 01:27 PM

Yeah, we might as well face it. We didn't want it bad enough-we probably won't have such an opportunity again for a long time.

thedawg
12-04-2014, 01:29 PM
I just want one just one sugar bowl in my life... I want one opportunity to walk up and down bourbon screaming hail state... Is that so much to ask?

Dawg61
12-04-2014, 01:33 PM
I just want one just one sugar bowl in my life... I want one opportunity to walk up and down bourbon screaming hail state... Is that so much to ask?

When the opportunity arises we must play all out to win. Playing not to lose ensures a loss. Couldn't be more obvious to all but one man.

maroonmania
12-04-2014, 01:44 PM
When the opportunity arises we must play all out to win. Playing not to lose ensures a loss. Couldn't be more obvious to all but one man.

No doubt than in the big games Mullen plays not to lose. He won't call a trick play at all. Mullen would have never called a HB pass in a big game like Freeze did in this past Egg Bowl. Like he's scared to do something that might backfire.

NCDawg
12-04-2014, 01:54 PM

You and me both. I've been wanting it for many years-to ring my cowbell on Bourbon Street and we're playing in the Sugar Bowl. Couldn't get much better than that.

Jack Lambert
12-04-2014, 02:02 PM
We could very easily be in this same spot next year if Dak and Jrob come back. We are getting a lot of guy's back who has played a lot this season. I am looking forward to next season. The only thing that I had to get use to was being number 1 and the anxiety it brought every Saturday as a fan. Next year I will be able to deal with it a little more.

And yes we will be Better than Ole Miss plus we get them KY, LSU and Alabama at home. Next season could be another great one!

thunderclap
12-04-2014, 05:10 PM
Yeah, we might as well face it. We didn't want it bad enough-.

I still can't, and probably never will, be able to figure this one out.

drunkernhelldawg
12-04-2014, 06:43 PM

It was the Holy Grail for many, many years. O well.

Dawgcentral
12-04-2014, 06:51 PM
Given the choice, I was going to take the chance to pass up Dallas to have the experience in N.O. for sure. But I have hope that we can reach that destination at last one day.

Dawg61
12-04-2014, 07:03 PM
Given the choice, I was going to take the chance to pass up Dallas to have the experience in N.O. for sure. But I have hope that we can reach that destination at last one day.

I was going to attempt all 3 including Atlanta. Our bedshitting ended that idea.

dawgs
12-04-2014, 07:18 PM
Nola is obviously the ultimate bowl trip for the party imo, but it's hardly worth getting nostalgic for the bcs. When they aren't hosting a semi or the natty, the peach and cotton are on part with the Orange, sugar, fiesta, and rose now. We'll get the same prestige boost regardless of which of those bowls we go to.

Todd4State
12-04-2014, 07:20 PM
We probably go to the Sugar next year if we have 1-2 losses. Which is possible.