PDA

View Full Version : Recruits playing in DWS tomorrow & Saturday

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
12-04-2014, 12:51 PM
I'm planning to attend some of the state championship games this weekend, mainly b/c I've never been, but also to get a look at some future Bulldogs.

Fri. @ 3 - Jamal Peters & Bassfield vs. Calhoun City (2A)

Fri. @ 7 - Cam Meyers & Oak Grove vs. South Panola (6A)

Sat. @ 11 - Mark McLaurin & Collins vs. Charleston (3A)

Am I missing any of our recruits? Any other big time players to watch for? Underclassmen?

Ifyouonlyknew
12-04-2014, 01:02 PM
Some underclassmen are

Jordan Duncan WR - Oak Grove
Keon Howard QB - Laurel
Octavious Cooley WR - Laurel
Jeffery Simmons DE - Noxubee Co.
Jerome Johnson DT - Bassfield
Brieton Sykes RB - Calhoun City

msstate7
12-04-2014, 01:17 PM
Some underclassmen are

Jordan Duncan WR - Oak Grove
Keon Howard QB - Laurel
Octavious Cooley WR - Laurel
Jeffery Simmons DE - Noxubee Co.
Jerome Johnson DT - Bassfield
Brieton Sykes RB - Calhoun City

I thought Cooley was gonna be a reb

Ifyouonlyknew
12-04-2014, 01:34 PM
He may but I don't think that's based off anything specific. The kid rarely talks so I think it's more of an assumption than any facts. Plus they just got a commitment from a 4* 2016 TE so that could play a role too.

Todd4State
12-04-2014, 01:56 PM
I thought Cooley was gonna be a reb

It's too soon in the process to know. At this time about a year ago, Malik Dear was also going to Ole Miss. If he wants to play right away and start, odds are he could do that at MSU more quickly than he could at Ole Miss.

defiantdog
12-04-2014, 02:16 PM
I'd say Jordan Duncan and Keon Howard are more OM leans than Cooley. Cooley will probably be a battle among us, Bama, and LSU. I think he's the one 4* that wants to go out of state. Simmons and Johnson are State leans. No clue on Sykes.

RBritt
12-04-2014, 02:48 PM
Is Sykes Bernard Sykes' son? Sykes was a dandy dozen in 98. Think he signed with tsun, couldn't get in, and ended up at Nwcc. He ended up serving time over robbing an undercover narcotics agent. I believe he played college ball not too long ago for his former teammate Will Hall at N Alabama.

Boston
12-04-2014, 07:10 PM
I don't think he is Bernard's son, but I'm pretty sure they are related.

CadaverDawg
12-04-2014, 07:34 PM
Make sure you guys take your cowbell and ring em when Peters, McLaurin, and Myers make plays!

TheRef
12-04-2014, 07:39 PM
Make sure you guys take your cowbell and ring em when Peters, McLaurin, and Myers make plays!

Oh I'm taking my CLANGA regardless.