PDA

View Full Version : Wow, NU hires Mike Riley...

HoopsDawg
12-04-2014, 12:34 PM
only one big opening left.

preachermatt83
12-04-2014, 12:49 PM
well Oregon St is a pretty big opening now. I am surprised Riley left. He is an OSU guy. His dad was an OSU guy. Mike even rides his bike to campus everyday.. Huge surprise here . OSU could be a sleeping giant for someone.

preachermatt83
12-04-2014, 12:49 PM
Being that they are the beavers we all know who will be trying to get that job lol

messageboardsuperhero
12-04-2014, 02:04 PM
well Oregon St is a pretty big opening now. I am surprised Riley left. He is an OSU guy. His dad was an OSU guy. Mike even rides his bike to campus everyday.. Huge surprise here . OSU could be a sleeping giant for someone.

I would hardly call Oregon State a sleeping giant.

Jack Lambert
12-04-2014, 02:08 PM

Maybe not a giant but maybe a sleeping Watusi.

defiantdog
12-04-2014, 02:21 PM
Sleeping giant? Interesting thought. I'm surprised Nebraska went after him and not the OC from Oregon.

HoopsDawg
12-04-2014, 02:22 PM

It's not the worst power 5 job, but close to it.

Irondawg
12-04-2014, 04:34 PM
I didn't think Riley would leave there so this is a pretty big surprise. Something must have been happening with him and the admin or maybe his recent record he felt put him on the hot seat and he was suprised to get the Nebraska offered and figured he had to take it.

dawgs
12-04-2014, 05:13 PM
I didn't think Riley would leave there so this is a pretty big surprise. Something must have been happening with him and the admin or maybe his recent record he felt put him on the hot seat and he was suprised to get the Nebraska offered and figured he had to take it.

I think he was getting into stansbury zone with oregon st. Given the program, did enough not to get fired, but also never took the next step after some early success. I imagine oregon st never countered him with a new offer after Nebraska offered. It would have been like if stansbury left for clemson a few years before the end.

Liverpooldawg
12-04-2014, 05:44 PM
That one is puzzling to say the least. They fired a guy who went 9-3 to hire a guy who went 5-7. That sounds like a broker I dealt with a few years ago.��

Political Hack
12-04-2014, 05:56 PM
Oregon State may as well be USM as long as Phil Knight is supporting the Ducks.

quickstrike2
12-04-2014, 05:59 PM
Think the Nebraska fans are hoping that Riley gets Scott Frost (Oregon OC) to join him as basically a head coach in waiting type deal.

dawgs
12-04-2014, 07:22 PM
Think the Nebraska fans are hoping that Riley gets Scott Frost (Oregon OC) to join him as basically a head coach in waiting type deal.

Yeah I was a bit surprised that frost didn't get as much buzz as a legit target. But yeah, they might go with an OC/assistant HC/HC in waiting package for him.

dawgs
12-04-2014, 07:23 PM
Oregon State may as well be USM as long as Phil Knight is supporting the Ducks.

It's not that bad. Nike also gives oregon st a lot of money. Not oregon level, but definitely a nice chunk of change.