PDA

View Full Version : Michigan

GTHOM
12-04-2014, 10:39 AM
Any chance you guys think Michigan comes after Mullen?? Who do yall think are their top candidates if not Mullen??? I've heard he is on their list.

ShotgunDawg
12-04-2014, 10:46 AM
Any chance you guys think Michigan comes after Mullen?? Who do yall think are their top candidates if not Mullen??? I've heard he is on their list.

I don't think Mullen would go to Michigan, even if they came after him.

There top candidates will likely be:

The search starts with these two names: Jim Harbough & Les Miles

Once they turn Michigan down, the search could proceed to:
Greg Schiano
Steve Addazio
They should probably kick the tires on Pat Fitzgerald at Northwestern

RossDawg82
12-04-2014, 10:47 AM
im sure he is on the list, and why would he not be. He has completely transformed a mediocre team to a damn near great team. I assume Michigan will go after a NFL guy first. Mullen Im sure will listen to their pitch if they call, but in the end, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for him to jump ship now. He has our team right where it needs to be to compete at the highest level and there is no reason he would leave now to take on another project. If Dak and J-Rob stay (which I think they both are), we have another chance at the playoffs next year.

GTHOM
12-04-2014, 10:48 AM
I don't think Mullen would go to Michigan, even if they came after him.

There top candidates will likely be:

The search starts with these two names: Jim Harbough & Les Miles

Once they turn Michigan down, the search could proceed to:
Greg Schiano
Steve Addazio
They should probably kick the tires on Pat Fitzgerald at Northwestern

you really think michigan would take greg schiano or steve addazio over dan mullen??? im not insulting i just find that hard to believe. theyve tried Miles before, i would guess Mullen is 2nd on their list after Harbaugh. i hope he wouldnt leave it just wouldnt surprise me if they came after him

Coach34
12-04-2014, 10:56 AM
Mullen ain't going to live in one of the coldest places in the US

GTHOM
12-04-2014, 10:58 AM
Mullen ain't going to live in one of the coldest places in the US

Mullen is already from the northeast anyway though. im not leading a mullen to michigan campaign at all i just think they have to have him on the radar

GTHOM
12-04-2014, 10:59 AM
im sure he is on the list, and why would he not be. He has completely transformed a mediocre team to a damn near great team. I assume Michigan will go after a NFL guy first. Mullen Im sure will listen to their pitch if they call, but in the end, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for him to jump ship now. He has our team right where it needs to be to compete at the highest level and there is no reason he would leave now to take on another project. If Dak and J-Rob stay (which I think they both are), we have another chance at the playoffs next year.

agree with all good post

jimbo352
12-04-2014, 11:01 AM
Butch Jones is on their radar believe it or not. AD has already contacted Jones agent to gauge interest according to multiple UT people. I guess he was at Western Michigan, and has expressed interest in UM in the past.

I don't see Mullen going to Michigan, Penn State was more of a threat IMO...

TrapGame
12-04-2014, 11:22 AM
Skip Bayless is reporting Michigan really wants Les Miles.

Liverpooldawg
12-04-2014, 11:41 AM
The OP sure has some interesting posts.

ScoobaDawg
12-04-2014, 11:44 AM
Is the rule about not discussing Dan to another school not in effect any more?

engie
12-04-2014, 11:48 AM
The OP sure has some interesting posts.

Yep.

Guess it's better to speculate than research...
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24862696/michigan-coaching-odds-jim-harbaugh-les-miles-listed-as-favorites

BOVADA'S UM ODDS
CANDIDATE ODDS
Jim Harbaugh 2/1
Les Miles 5/2
Butch Jones 7/2
Mike Gundy 7/2
Greg Schiano 9/2

GTHOM
12-04-2014, 11:49 AM
didnt mean to offend anybody just a question

HancockCountyDog
12-04-2014, 11:51 AM
Im not worried about Michigan at all.

Im not worried about any job to be honest.

In a vacuum I think Mullen is a better fit at Nebraska than Michigan. I don't think it matters, he isn't leaving a Heisman trophy candidate and a school that will be willing to pay him north of 4 million. Just won't happen.

Jack Lambert
12-04-2014, 11:52 AM
Yep.

Guess it's better to speculate than research...
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24862696/michigan-coaching-odds-jim-harbaugh-les-miles-listed-as-favorites

BOVADA'S UM ODDS
CANDIDATE ODDS
Jim Harbaugh 2/1
Les Miles 5/2
Butch Jones 7/2
Mike Gundy 7/2
Greg Schiano 9/2

The question you have to ask your self is CBS sport speculating or researching.

sandwolf
12-04-2014, 12:39 PM
The question you have to ask your self is CBS sport speculating or researching.

Well, with regard to the odds, they are researching.

HoopsDawg
12-04-2014, 12:42 PM
Interesting that Mullen has received very little interest so far.

OM was scared to death about losing Freeze. I can't say I feel the same way. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to lose Mullen, I just won't be devastated if he leaves.

Coach34
12-04-2014, 12:44 PM
Mullen is already from the northeast anyway though. im not leading a mullen to michigan campaign at all i just think they have to have him on the radar

Im from Mississippi- doesn't mean I want to live there

NCDawg
12-04-2014, 12:51 PM
Interesting that Mullen has received very little interest so far.

OM was scared to death about losing Freeze. I can't say I feel the same way. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to lose Mullen, I just won't be devastated if he leaves.

I don't think most State fans will be devastated if he leaves. I do find it strange that his name doesn't seem to come up very much any more when there are openings. He's a good coach in my opinion, and I would think a lot of "the schools up North" would want someone like him.

preachermatt83
12-04-2014, 12:53 PM
Mullen aint going anywhere... we all know that. but that is not the question at hand.. The question posed by GTHOM was weather or not he would be pursued by Michigan and I think this answer is yes. He will turn them down but there is no doubt in my mind that he is on their list.

Political Hack
12-04-2014, 12:59 PM
I do find it strange that his name doesn't seem to come up very much any more when there are openings.

You can only say "no" so many times before people start getting the picture. Mississippi State is HIS program. He built this. His practice fields, his football facility, his weight room, his offices, his film rooms, his stadium expansion, etc... Also, his in-laws have their own house in town. His kids are growing up in town. Megan is the queen of the golden triangle. They don't take crap from boosters and random people like they have and would at "name" programs like Florida and Michigan.

Also, he's already walked away from a shot at Michigan the year we stomped them in the Gator Bowl.

I've said it a million times and still think it's true, Mullen is a statue guy. He's the Frank Beamer of State. Unless he thinks he can get that somewhere else, he's not leaving... and those opportunities are going to be few and far between.

Dawgtini
12-04-2014, 01:30 PM
Someone posted on another board that they have heard from someone within the Michigan AD sphere that Mullen was contacted..I will summarized (with some** liberty):

Meechagin: "Mullenz, you interested?"

Mullenz: "Nope"

Todd4State
12-04-2014, 02:04 PM
I wouldn't leave if I was Dan either. One 10-11 win season is great, but another one just increases your value that much more. If he left now, this is what he would be leaving:

1. A Heisman candidate at QB.
2. A Doak Walker candidate at RB, plus another All-SEC caliber RB in Shumpert.
3. A three year guy at WR that has a chance to be a first round pick.
4. A defense that will probably be better next year.
5. A hungry team that has a ton of experience.

Jack Lambert
12-04-2014, 02:06 PM
Well, with regard to the odds, they are researching.

It's a proven statistic that 90% of all statistics are made up at the spot.

Political Hack
12-04-2014, 02:11 PM
I wouldn't leave if I was Dan either. One 10-11 win season is great, but another one just increases your value that much more. If he left now, this is what he would be leaving:

1. A Heisman candidate at QB.
2. A Doak Walker candidate at RB, plus another All-SEC caliber RB in Shumpert.
3. A three year guy at WR that has a chance to be a first round pick.
4. A defense that will probably be better next year.
5. A hungry team that has a ton of experience.

Fred Ross will probably play four years.

preachermatt83
12-04-2014, 02:13 PM
You can only say "no" so many times before people start getting the picture. Mississippi State is HIS program. He built this. His practice fields, his football facility, his weight room, his offices, his film rooms, his stadium expansion, etc... Also, his in-laws have their own house in town. His kids are growing up in town. Megan is the queen of the golden triangle. They don't take crap from boosters and random people like they have and would at "name" programs like Florida and Michigan.

Also, he's already walked away from a shot at Michigan the year we stomped them in the Gator Bowl.

I've said it a million times and still think it's true, Mullen is a statue guy. He's the Frank Beamer of State. Unless he thinks he can get that somewhere else, he's not leaving... and those opportunities are going to be few and far between.

nailed it

HoopsDawg
12-04-2014, 02:19 PM
Fred Ross will probably play four years.

He's talking about Derunnya.

Political Hack
12-04-2014, 02:30 PM
He's talking about Derunnya.

I know. I was being cantankerous in a somewhat facetious manner.

Bear has to extend his hands to the ball before he goes anywhere early.

Liverpooldawg
12-04-2014, 05:50 PM
I don't think most State fans will be devastated if he leaves. I do find it strange that his name doesn't seem to come up very much any more when there are openings. He's a good coach in my opinion, and I would think a lot of "the schools up North" would want someone like him.

You are quite wrong there. Most State fans would be devastated. You are reading too much into the post Egg Bowl meltdown. He has taken us to places we have never been. Most sane REAL Dawgs know that.