PDA

View Full Version : McElwain to FLA done deal per Denver news

Ralph
12-04-2014, 10:28 AM
Was on tv, sorry no link and they didn't provide $$ details.

quickstrike2
12-04-2014, 10:29 AM
ESPN reports as well.

Jacksondevildog
12-04-2014, 10:32 AM
Mullen to Colorado State per the Spirit and Rebelgrove.com.

ShotgunDawg
12-04-2014, 10:33 AM
Good hire by Florida. He's weird but he knows how to score points, without a gimmicky offense. He'll be successful if he's an average recruiter

GTHOM
12-04-2014, 10:38 AM
I think Art Briles or Rich Rod would have made a bigger splash for them, although i dont blame them for wanting to stay away from the spread after that disaster

ShotgunDawg
12-04-2014, 10:38 AM
I think Art Briles or Rich Rod would have made a bigger splash for them, although i dont blame them for wanting to stay away from the spread after that disaster

Splash doesn't matter. Winning does

GTHOM
12-04-2014, 10:45 AM
Splash doesn't matter. Winning does

Pretty sure that Art Briles and Rich Rod have won everywhere they have went, Rich Rod had West Virginia in national title conversation and Briles has brought Baylor their best seasons ever

ShotgunDawg
12-04-2014, 10:47 AM
Pretty sure that Art Briles and Rich Rod have won everywhere they have went, Rich Rod had West Virginia in national title conversation and Briles has brought Baylor their best seasons ever

They absolutely would have, but that wasn't the debate. I just meant that winning the press conference had little value here.

GTHOM
12-04-2014, 10:50 AM
They absolutely would have, but that wasn't the debate. I just meant that winning the press conference had little value here.

They would both win at Florida. Win big i would say especially since the east is so down, McElwain is a good coach though

DawgPoundRock
12-04-2014, 11:01 AM
He should get bill clark and coach o on his staff

Bucky Dog
12-04-2014, 11:08 AM
Yeah this is an I told you so, but this was my prediction about 2 mo this ago. I think as well you hire the right guy and not just the popular or "sexy" hire. Somebody with passion and fire. He can recruit and will be successful at Florida.

Coach34
12-04-2014, 11:09 AM
Rich Rod and Mullen were never even considered by Foley for whatever reasons. He told the ESPN guy that reported on it that...I saw Finebaum interview the ESPN guy and said on live TV that those would not be considered. It was hilarious

GTHOM
12-04-2014, 11:17 AM
Rich Rod and Mullen were never even considered by Foley for whatever reasons. He told the ESPN guy that reported on it that...I saw Finebaum interview the ESPN guy and said on live TV that those would not be considered. It was hilarious

i heard foley and mullen didnt like each other but i dont know why they didnt come after rich rod

Really Clark?
12-04-2014, 11:30 AM

Are you talking about the disaster that gave them two national titles??? I'll take that disaster everyday and twice on Sunday.

HoopsDawg
12-04-2014, 12:32 PM

Say what? Did you forget about Rich Rod at Michigan? maybe you remember the beatdown we put on them in the gator bowl.