PDA

View Full Version : Egg bowl Rematch?

starkvegasdawg
12-04-2014, 09:18 AM
Article in the CL about the small possibility of the Peach bowl being an EB rematch. Would you be in favor?

I would LOVE to see that happen. If our team couldn't come out fired up for that then they should all just put in for extras on The Walking Dead.

Coach34
12-04-2014, 09:22 AM
Damn right. That would be awesome

ShotgunDawg
12-04-2014, 09:23 AM
Agree, I'd love to whoop that ass on a neutral field

msstate7
12-04-2014, 09:30 AM
I'd love it. Who we gonna get to cover engram this time? If it's Jackson, I'm not sure I want a rematch

LC Dawg
12-04-2014, 09:31 AM
Hell yes, I would love to see this happen.

Liverpooldawg
12-04-2014, 09:40 AM
Bring it on. It won't happen though.

defiantdog
12-04-2014, 09:44 AM
I'd love it. Who we gonna get to cover engram this time? If it's Jackson, I'm not sure I want a rematch

Keep Redmond in the slot..... Wouldn't happen though because we're too stubborn to adjust to a team.

AROB44
12-04-2014, 10:00 AM
Keep Redmond in the slot..... Wouldn't happen though because we're too stubborn to adjust to a team.

I know....Mullen has done such a terrible job here. He only won 10 games this year. We really should be looking for his replacement.

Political Hack
12-04-2014, 10:02 AM
I'd donate an organ for this.

CJDAWG85
12-04-2014, 10:04 AM
Would the SEC even allow 2 teams or play each other in the same bowl? Haven't read the article, but that just seems odd there is even a small chance. Hell yeah I would love to play them again. They don't want any part of us on a neutral field much less even playing again.

Jack Lambert
12-04-2014, 10:09 AM
Would the SEC even allow 2 teams or play each other in the same bowl? Haven't read the article, but that just seems odd there is even a small chance. Hell yeah I would love to play them again. They don't want any part of us on a neutral field much less even playing again.

If it would get Ole Miss into one of the bigger bowls, I think it would be good for all involved. Right now Ole Miss is the 12 man left out.

TrapGame
12-04-2014, 10:09 AM
I'd love this. Mullen would be out for blood.

dawgpound
12-04-2014, 10:12 AM
Zero chance of this happening... the bowl wouldn't want it and the SEC wouldn't allow it. Unless its for a playoff or national championship, conference teams should not be matched up against each other. TV ratings would be horrible

Dawgface
12-04-2014, 10:13 AM
Not really. I would rather play someone like OSU.

thunderclap
12-04-2014, 10:14 AM
I'd love this. Mullen would be out for blood.

You mean like he should have been a week ago?

defiantdog
12-04-2014, 10:18 AM
I know....Mullen has done such a terrible job here. He only won 10 games this year. We really should be looking for his replacement.

Amari Cooper, Evan Engram and Nelson at UAB enjoyed running wild on us.

SDDawg
12-04-2014, 10:21 AM
HORRIBLE idea, no reason to waste our time stomping OM when we should have done it already. Let's move on and play a team that raises the profile of the program. We'll do the rematch in 2015.

DownwardDawg
12-04-2014, 10:26 AM
This isn't even a remote possibility and why would we want that? They whipped our ass. You think they would have wanted a rematch last year with a month to prepare and a healthy Dak Prescott?

quickstrike2
12-04-2014, 10:26 AM
Dak up the middle on will undoubtedly work this time right, right?

TrapGame
12-04-2014, 10:27 AM
You mean like he should have been a week ago?

Good point.

GTHOM
12-04-2014, 10:29 AM
Why any of you would not want this is beyond me... who the hell wouldnt want this as a State fan??? Dont give me TV ratings, it would go off the charts in MS, and since its on New Years Eve anyway people would watch it i dont wanna hear that. I know SEC people would watch it, if Ohio State beats Wisconsin it most definitely can happen and i hope it does. It would make tons of money because i know both fanbases would sell out to go. Please let this happen.

spiritual_machine2005
12-04-2014, 10:38 AM
As much as I would want this to happen, I pretty sure the committee will not let it happen. They don't want a rematch in bowls unless it is a playoff bowl. Just wont happen. I know that it is POSSIBLE. But, could you imagine the national outcry if the committee allowed it to happen? It would set a bad precedent as well. We had our chance.

GTHOM
12-04-2014, 10:39 AM
As much as I would want this to happen, I pretty sure the committee will not let it happen. They don't want a rematch in bowls unless it is a playoff bowl. Just wont happen. I know that it is POSSIBLE. But, could you imagine the national outcry if the committee allowed it to happen? It would set a bad precedent as well. We had our chance.

what national outcry? who would have a problem with it

CadaverDawg
12-04-2014, 10:48 AM
I would love it, but it won't happen. OM doesn't want any part of a rematch outside of Oxford. It would give the country a chance to see how big home field is in this series though.

SDDawg
12-04-2014, 10:57 AM
In a year where we could potentially play Ohio State, I just can't imagine why anyone would want to play OM. We're *SUPPOSED* to beat them every year so it would be so anticlimactic, even when we stomp them. Give me Ohio State.

GTHOM
12-04-2014, 11:01 AM
it would be the biggest W of the year for me

bulldawg28
12-04-2014, 11:30 AM
Run it back!!!

Ralph
12-04-2014, 11:36 AM
I would much rather play a team that gives us national exposure rather than more state exposure. The Egg bowl meant a lot more than a potential egg/peach rematch. I'd rather play an OSU or similar.

dawgpound
12-04-2014, 11:41 AM
Not happening guys... get over it

NCDawg
12-04-2014, 11:52 AM
We had our shot and flunked. We had everything to play for a week ago and didn't seem to want it bad enough. Poor play calling, poor defense, and just an overall lack of effort in my opinion. Don't see any need to go through another butt whipping again. Try to beat them next year at our place where maybe we'll be a little bit more motivated.

GTHOM
12-04-2014, 11:55 AM
We had our shot and flunked. We had everything to play for a week ago and didn't seem to want it bad enough. Poor play calling, poor defense, and just an overall lack of effort in my opinion. Don't see any need to go through another butt whipping again. Try to beat them next year at our place where maybe we'll be a little bit more motivated.

you were correct the entire staff and team performed poorly, but i hope to the Good Lord this happens.

TUSK
12-04-2014, 11:55 AM
Zero chance of this happening... the bowl wouldn't want it and the SEC wouldn't allow it. Unless its for a playoff or national championship, conference teams should not be matched up against each other. TV ratings would be horrible

This is correct. CBS took a ratings bath on the EB this year (comparably)... No chance a network would be behind EB II.

I'd like to see yall play Zona, Baylor or (especially) Michigan St./Ohio State.

War Machine Dawg
12-04-2014, 12:31 PM
Who do I have to kill for this to happen? Beating that ass on a neutral field would be epic.

I know it won't happen, though. Bring on tOSU.

preachermatt83
12-04-2014, 12:58 PM
any of you who are not for this are insane or scared. It would be the most anticipated game of my lifetime. And I will tell you this, I am likely not going to bowl game but I promise you I would be there no matter what for this.. id pay 1500 bucks a ticket . Schedules would be rearranged, Family Christmases would be put on hold. I WOULD BE AT THIS GAME. PERIOD!

FISHDAWG
12-04-2014, 01:41 PM
Dak up the middle on will undoubtedly work this time right, right?

15th time is the charm

Todd4State
12-04-2014, 02:00 PM
I'd like to see an Egg Bowl rematch. We don't know what the committee will or won't do at this point. If they are anything like the baseball committee, they are going to be OK with the SEC cannibalizing ourselves- see the SR where we had to play Florida.

I don't know how much this matters, but there was the Alabama/LSU Sugar Bowl re-match and Florida/FSU have had a couple of re-matches as well in the Sugar Bowl.

If we play Ohio State and it increases our national profile, that's fine too.

Bulldogbeing
12-04-2014, 02:20 PM
Have a feeling we wouldn't fair well if this happened.

NCDawg
12-04-2014, 02:20 PM
15th time is the charm

Or maybe Wallace may be off target a little more this time, and if not, maybe our LB's can cover their W/R's better.

Bully041184
12-04-2014, 02:23 PM
What has to happen for us to get matched up with Ohio State--they lose to Whisky in the Big10 champ game?

Living up here in Cincinnati gives me extra motivation to pull for an MSU vs OSU matchup.

Maroonthirteen
12-04-2014, 07:06 PM
The only thing worse than losing to OM is losing to OM twice. No thanks.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." -Einstien

Todd4State
12-04-2014, 07:12 PM
Have a feeling we wouldn't fair well if this happened.

I totally disagree. Having to re-match a team is probably one of the most difficult things for the team that wins the first match. Not to mention it would be on a neutral field.

Martianlander
12-04-2014, 07:17 PM
I believe 12 SEC teams qualified for a bowl. Correct me if I'm wrong. In order for all to go there might have to be an SEC rematch, so this is not as farfetched as it seems, although I'm sure they would rather match two teams that have not played.

In addition to the ones mentioned above Oklahoma/Nebraska had a rematch in the Orange Bowl several years ago.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
12-04-2014, 08:19 PM
Article in the CL about the small possibility of the Peach bowl being an EB rematch. Would you be in favor?

I would LOVE to see that happen. If our team couldn't come out fired up for that then they should all just put in for extras on The Walking Dead.

**** that noise. 1) I would rather prove ourselves against an OSU, "GTU", or Wisconsin. 2) We were playing a wounded Bear team and a one-legged Bo Dirt for a playoff spot. Judging by the performance, the coaches and players could have cared less. Let them live with it for the next 51 weeks like we have to.

TUSK
12-04-2014, 09:05 PM
**** that noise. 1) I would rather prove ourselves against an OSU, "GTU", or Wisconsin. 2) We were playing a wounded Bear team and a one-legged Bo Dirt for a playoff spot. Judging by the performance, the coaches and players could have cared less. Let them live with it for the next 51 weeks like we have to.

:confused:

paradoxical.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
12-04-2014, 10:08 PM
:confused:

paradoxical.

How so? In section 1, my point was I would rather play someone out of conference. In section 2, my point was we blew a great chance to win one on the road and we need to make winning the game a bigger priority. Bottom line, we failed. Let's move on and prove out mettle against a B1G opponent.

TUSK
12-04-2014, 10:24 PM
How so? In section 1, my point was I would rather play someone out of conference. In section 2, my point was we blew a great chance to win one on the road and we need to make winning the game a bigger priority. Bottom line, we failed. Let's move on and prove out mettle against a B1G opponent.

yeah, what threw me off is that in (1) you said "prove yourself" but in (2) talked about coming up short vs Om...

don't get me wrong, the risk/reward is out of balance for MSU to really want that game; but it'd be the best chance to "prove" oneself...IMO....

that's all.