PDA

View Full Version : Wow- latest rumor on Freezus and QB's

Coach34
12-03-2014, 04:27 PM
I have heard from 2 different sources today that the Fredo staff is telling recruits that Braxton Miller is transferring to Oxford so they need to get on board for next year's national title run. I guess Kincaide and Buchanan are going to "sit back out of love"

Wonder if the EMCC is being told this also? I doubt it

msstate7
12-03-2014, 04:31 PM
We laugh now, but I don't put it past them landing miller

Lloyd Christmas
12-03-2014, 04:31 PM
Good Lord. Mercenary U.

TrapGame
12-03-2014, 04:49 PM
So Freeze uses the C-Spire method of developing QBs. Just call one up.

SDDawg
12-03-2014, 04:50 PM
Miller is soft and will go down again. Quon-ankle or Sanders-knee will get him during Fall practice, IF he ever makes it...

Jack Lambert
12-03-2014, 04:58 PM
This is all Houston Nutt all over again. He comes in, has two good seasons, and gets Saxton to trick Ole Miss into giving him a big raise, than goes gets the Oregon QB pissing off the entire team, losing control of the team and then getting fired.

The similarities are just too close to just ignore. Seems like this QB thing has been going on for 10 years.

These fast fixes to problems is what Nutt and JWS in trouble. You have to build a team with Highschool recruits.

quickstrike2
12-03-2014, 05:02 PM
Hopefully not true, Miller would definitely make them a title contender in my opinion.

Leroy Jenkins
12-03-2014, 05:03 PM
And Jacob Coker was the answer for bama.

Dawgface
12-03-2014, 05:03 PM
OM might look attractive to Miller. A top 15 team in bad need of a qb plus he will be treated like a king the 1 year he is there. I can see this happening.

msstate7
12-03-2014, 05:04 PM
I think miller is very good. Barrett's emergence kinda makes me question how good though. For Barrett to step in and Ohio state not miss a beat (except VT), I wonder how much the supporting cast has made these qb's look good

ShotgunDawg
12-03-2014, 05:04 PM
I'm sure this what they are selling to Martinas Rankin because it would be absurd for Rankin to go to Ole Miss with their QB situation, when he could come to MSU and play with Prescott. If Rankin falls for this, his aptitude would come into question.

I'm surprised Ole Miss gave Freeze so much money without him showing the ability to develop a QB in house. Their is no greater skill that an MSU or Ole Miss head coach must possess, because you can't recruit SEC caliber QBs, especially in MS. You can recruit people that have the intelligence and skill set to potentially be a QB, but, if you can't develop them, you are screwed.

I can't stress this enough. If Mullen ever moves on to another school, MSU MUST focus on hiring a head coach that can develop QBs. Mullen has proven he can, and we don't know if EMCC developed Wallace or if Freeze did. All I know is Wallace stunk when he left Arkansas State and was all the sudden adequate when he showed up at Ole Miss.

defiantdog
12-03-2014, 05:09 PM
OM likes to lie to recruits..... always have. Then again, their biggest recruiting tool doesn't even involve the school.

Big4Dawg
12-03-2014, 05:17 PM
Are coaches allowed to contract players if they haven't decided/announced that they are transferring without getting permission from the school? Isn't that tampering?

quickstrike2
12-03-2014, 05:19 PM
Are coaches allowed to contract players if they haven't decided/announced that they are transferring without getting permission from the school? Isn't that tampering?

Not sure, but this is Ole Miss and no rules apply.

bobcat91
12-03-2014, 05:20 PM
Miller is going to Oregon

defiantdog
12-03-2014, 05:28 PM
Miller is going to Oregon

I really don't see him leaving Ohio State. I honestly think he believes he can get his job back.

RossDawg82
12-03-2014, 05:29 PM
Let Miller come to Ole Miss and he will be the latest football player to see what life is really like playing in the SEC. He will initially make that team better, but the questions is can he make them better after the 4th straight SEC contest. The answer to that is most likely NO.

dawgpound
12-03-2014, 05:31 PM
This sounds like a ridiculous rumor but I sure hope Miller doesn't come to Ole Miss. He was the heisman favorite going into the season this year and we sure dont want him under center up north

thf24
12-03-2014, 05:32 PM
If Chad Kelly decommits, I'll believe Miller is going there. Until then, it looks like a pretty pathetic recruiting ploy to me.

Mjoelner34
12-03-2014, 05:52 PM
I have heard from 2 different sources today that the Fredo staff is telling recruits that Braxton Miller is transferring to Oxford so they need to get on board for next year's national title run. I guess Kincaide and Buchanan are going to "sit back out of love"

Wonder if the EMCC is being told this also? I doubt it

Then, after they get the signatures in February, it'll be: "Oh, we MEANT Mickhail Miller is transferring back."

Alldawg
12-03-2014, 06:11 PM
Come on Coach. I hope you are not listening to the same sources that told you Freeze was gone to Florida. Someone is baiting you and you are taking it.

Johnson85
12-03-2014, 06:19 PM
He will initially make that team better, but the questions is can he make them better after the 4th straight SEC contest. The answer to that is most likely NO.

You're crazy if you don't think Miller will be an upgrade over Buchanan and Kincaid. I'm assuming he'll be better than the EMCC guy but obviously haven't seen him play.

More importantly, it's not like they need a good QB, just an adequate one. Wallace certainly had his issues, but he was overall pretty decent for them and it's not like he had a lot going for him. Nobody but Ark St. wanted him out of high school. Out of EMCC, Bucky, who was very familiar with him, was very hesitant to give him a scholarship and only did so bc he had no other options. I suspect Miller would be much better than Wallace in that system, which would mean they'll likely be better next year if he comes and avoids injury.

Coach34
12-03-2014, 06:22 PM
Come on Coach. I hope you are not listening to the same sources that told you Freeze was gone to Florida. Someone is baiting you and you are taking it.

I missed that. Where did I say "he was gone to Fla according to my sources" ???

I did post a month ago that he would be a candidate and Mullen wouldnt according to my sources

Todd4State
12-03-2014, 06:28 PM
I actually believe that Miller is going to end up there. That's just how they roll.

TrapGame
12-03-2014, 06:29 PM
I remember when bear friends were all fired up over Masoli. I've sure Masoli is in a forest somewhere thinking about his Plantation glory days as he gets the bear scat off his boots.

MabenMaroon
12-03-2014, 08:26 PM
OM likes to lie to recruits..... always have. Then again, their biggest recruiting tool doesn't even involve the school.

Yes it does! I believe they have a BA degree for that, with just as many male students as female :eek::eek::eek:

SDDawg
12-03-2014, 08:32 PM
Miller won't end up there. And if he does, he'll end up with Tee-toe and never see the field. This is all so obvious- we should focus on our TRUE rival (Auburn) and move forward. OM is nothing but a speed bump for the past 5 years in the SEC and it won't change next year either. Total non-factor.

RossDawg82
12-03-2014, 08:33 PM
You're crazy if you don't think Miller will be an upgrade over Buchanan and Kincaid. I'm assuming he'll be better than the EMCC guy but obviously haven't seen him play.

More importantly, it's not like they need a good QB, just an adequate one. Wallace certainly had his issues, but he was overall pretty decent for them and it's not like he had a lot going for him. Nobody but Ark St. wanted him out of high school. Out of EMCC, Bucky, who was very familiar with him, was very hesitant to give him a scholarship and only did so bc he had no other options. I suspect Miller would be much better than Wallace in that system, which would mean they'll likely be better next year if he comes and avoids injury.

I'm not saying he won't be an upgrade, but being injury prone as he is I don't see him making it through Texas A&M auburn Arkansas and the Bulldogs without him getting hurt. That's a lot different competition than he's used to. So I say bring him on and let him see how the big boys play

Todd4State
12-03-2014, 09:38 PM
If I was injury prone I'd be worried about the turf at the Vaught.

chef dixon
12-03-2014, 09:41 PM
They are going after Trent Hosick. Another journeyman transfer, recently decommitted from BYU.

Todd4State
12-03-2014, 09:46 PM
They are going after Trent Hosick. Another journeyman transfer, recently decommitted from BYU.

Didn't they just get a commitment from Kelly? Why are they still going after QB's?

chef dixon
12-03-2014, 09:51 PM
Didn't they just get a commitment from Kelly? Why are they still going after QB's?

I don't think that has actually become official. Not even sure if he has an offer quite yet. But I think without a doubt they will get 1 or the other and plan on them winning the starting job for next season. One of the guys they have now is likely going to transfer.

FlabLoser
12-03-2014, 09:52 PM
If I was injury prone I'd be worried about the turf at the Vaught.

We need a list of folks with serious VHS turf injuries. I tweeted some out on Egg Bowl night after Market and Sanders got hurt. Recruits need to know what they are risking by playing a bunch of games there.

Some articles on State websites would help too.

Jacksondevildog
12-03-2014, 10:16 PM

He said that Kelly has battled ADHD and that he has figured things out now. I listened to Mike Detellier on Monday morning and he said Kelly wasn't the answer for Ole Miss. It sounds like they are scrambling and I could see them opening their pockets for Miller.

UMCDawg16
12-03-2014, 10:23 PM
Miller will NOT end up in Oxfart. IF he does decide to leave OSU, and most sources say he isn't, there are way too many big money boosters in bigger programs that would snatch him up. This wouldn't be a case of OM outbidding State for a recruit, it would be them outbidding: Oregon, Bama, Auburn, Florida etc...OM has money in their system, but not that much.

msstate7
12-03-2014, 10:28 PM
There is the Meyer-mullen relationship. I wonder if mullen will ask Meyer to block miller from the sec west. Doesn't a school have to request permission to talk to transfer? If so, Meyer could help Dan if he wanted to

deadheaddawg
12-03-2014, 10:43 PM
There is the Meyer-mullen relationship. I wonder if mullen will ask Meyer to block miller from the sec west. Doesn't a school have to request permission to talk to transfer? If so, Meyer could help Dan if he wanted to

Do you really think Meyer would risk the backlash of bad press by blocking him to help out a friend. A coach shouldn't stand in the way of a young man transferring to better himself.

What if your kid had a great opportunity to help himself by transferring to a school but a coach blocked him, for selfish reasons. You would be pissed if a coach did that to your son, and you would have every right to be.

As much as we dont wont Ole Miss to win, it would be a bitch move for Urban to refuse to let him go.

msstate7
12-03-2014, 10:50 PM
Do you really think Meyer would risk the backlash of bad press by blocking him to help out a friend. A coach shouldn't stand in the way of a young man transferring to better himself.

What if your kid had a great opportunity to help himself by transferring to a school but a coach blocked him, for selfish reasons. You would be pissed if a coach did that to your son, and you would have every right to be.

As much as we dont wont Ole Miss to win, it would be a bitch move for Urban to refuse to let him go.

Well the sec west is full of national championship contenders if you add miller to their team. Ohio state will be a contender. I can see why Meyer would want to block miller to the sec regardless of mullen

Oh and do you think Meyer has forgotten about treadwell? I doubt seriously OM gets a shot at miller

SDDawg
12-03-2014, 11:10 PM
Bottom line: regardless of who does what (Miller AIN'T coming!!!!), ain't no Natty being won in Oxford when they have to play State and Bama on the road next year. Forget about it- I'll take any and all bets on this so inbox me as needed. There is ZERO chance this happens, EVER.

AlSwearengen
12-03-2014, 11:37 PM
Miller will NOT end up in Oxfart. IF he does decide to leave OSU, and most sources say he isn't, there are way too many big money boosters in bigger programs that would snatch him up. This wouldn't be a case of OM outbidding State for a recruit, it would be them outbidding: Oregon, Bama, Auburn, Florida etc...OM has money in their system, but not that much.

Don't underestimate them. They have been mentioned as being among the high bidders in a few high profile recruits dating back to Albert Means and recently, the big wr at A&M who was the top wr about three years ago. And if they were able to get their hands on a top qb, they might have a shot at making a serious run. They can come up with the money.

SDDawg
12-03-2014, 11:56 PM
Don't underestimate them. They have been mentioned as being among the high bidders in a few high profile recruits dating back to Albert Means and recently, the big wr at A&M who was the top wr about three years ago. And if they were able to get their hands on a top qb, they might have a shot at making a serious run. They can come up with the money.

Anybody that wants to cheat in a big program can come up with the money. The money has NEVER been the issue, let's not throw this garbage around. It's about BLATANT CHEATING and a program from the President/AD/HC down that actively support the cheating. That's all it takes.

CJDAWG85
12-04-2014, 12:47 AM
How many years of eligibility does Kelly still have after this year?

PMDawg
12-04-2014, 11:06 AM

Not cool. After all, it COULD be the same ones that told him Bo's foot had fallen off and he couldnt play in the EB.

CottonDog
12-04-2014, 11:28 AM

Nkemdechie, tunsil, treadwell, etc disagree.....

sandwolf
12-04-2014, 11:37 AM

They managed to get that big time WR that transferred from the PAC 12 last year (I think his name was Stringfellow or something like that), not to mention Masoli and Snead. If Miller does transfer, then I would not be the least bit surprised if he wound up in Oxford. They always seem to be one of the preferred destinations for these big time transfers.

GTHOM
12-04-2014, 11:51 AM
They managed to get that big time WR that transferred from the PAC 12 last year (I think his name was Stringfellow or something like that), not to mention Masoli and Snead. If Miller does transfer, then I would not be the least bit surprised if he wound up in Oxford. They always seem to be one of the preferred destinations for these big time transfers.

stringfellow got arrested for domestic violence too he plays for love now

643DP
12-04-2014, 12:23 PM
This is nothing but rhetoric from TSUN and they are laughing at the guy who took the bait and posted it on this board. There is absolutely nothing to this and no way Braxton Miller will ever attend TSUN for 2 reasons: 1) Urban Meyer is close to Dan and Urban would encourage Braxton NOT to transfer to TSUN IF Braxton even leaves; 2) Bama, Florida St, Oregon, Texas, LSU are just a few of the programs that need QBs next year. TSUN has no chance to land Miller if he decides to transfer. What TSUN DOESN'T have is a good QB coach who can "coach up" QBs. For instance, Bama has Lane Kiffin and Kiffin has done a phenomenal job with Blake Sims this year. Dan was smart enough to hire Brian Johnson to work with and develop our QBs and what a difference it's made for Dak this year. That's the knock against Freeze right now is that he's a good offensive coach from a scheme and game plan standpoint but can't develop QBs.

Coach34
12-04-2014, 12:41 PM
That's what message boards are for Socrates- to talk sports and discuss the rumors. The Fredo's were laughing when I posted Freezus would be a Florida target but Mullen wouldn't a month ago. We see how that turned out.

I put it on the board because it came from multiple people- one involved with recruiting. So something about this is out there.

Coach34
12-04-2014, 12:50 PM
And also let me add:

Getting things out in public have a way of making sure they DONT HAPPEN. Like for instance- a
Dr Kimchee being hired at UMC and such things as that. There's a method to the madness

UMCDawg16
12-04-2014, 01:35 PM
You guys lets your hatred for OM and the fear of the being good cloud your judgement. Miller is not just some big recruit that OM would get. He was he leading candidate for the Heisman coming into this year and one of the best proven QBs in the nation. This guy won't slip through the cracks of the top programs. Slow your roll, he won't sniff oxfart.

Todd4State
12-04-2014, 01:54 PM
You guys lets your hatred for OM and the fear of the being good cloud your judgement. Miller is not just some big recruit that OM would get. He was he leading candidate for the Heisman coming into this year and one of the best proven QBs in the nation. This guy won't slip through the cracks of the top programs. Slow your roll, he won't sniff oxfart.

I'm not even really sure why he would leave Ohio State? Yes, their back-up is awesome too. But I would figure most coaches in this situation where you have two awesome QB's they would just go with the one that is the upper classman.

PMDawg
12-04-2014, 03:14 PM
LOL

thf24
12-04-2014, 03:22 PM
I'm not even really sure why he would leave Ohio State? Yes, their back-up is awesome too. But I would figure most coaches in this situation where you have two awesome QB's they would just go with the one that is the upper classman.

Miller was reportedly told they'd be going forward with Barrett at QB next year. That was before Barrett's injury, however.

Johnson85
12-04-2014, 04:56 PM
Well the sec west is full of national championship contenders if you add miller to their team. Ohio state will be a contender. I can see why Meyer would want to block miller to the sec regardless of mullen

Oh and do you think Meyer has forgotten about treadwell? I doubt seriously OM gets a shot at miller

I'm assuming that Miller has graduated and he will be taking advantage of enrolling in a grad program like Masoli. That of course assumes that the SEC repealed the Masoli rule like some people are saying.

Coach34
12-04-2014, 05:10 PM
I'm assuming that Miller has graduated and he will be taking advantage of enrolling in a grad program like Masoli. That of course assumes that the SEC repealed the Masoli rule like some people are saying.

That was my 1st response- how could he transfer with only 1 year of eligibility remaining? I hadnt heard the rule being repealed- but I dont claim to be a rules expert either

Todd4State
12-04-2014, 06:23 PM
Miller was reportedly told they'd be going forward with Barrett at QB next year. That was before Barrett's injury, however.

That's pretty weird since both are very good. You would think that they would at the very least give him a chance to get his job back.

JDog13
12-04-2014, 08:51 PM

http://i.imgur.com/ZHEEYTu.jpg???????????

thf24
12-05-2014, 04:24 AM
That's pretty weird since both are very good. You would think that they would at the very least give him a chance to get his job back.

Yeah, but I can see their reasoning. If it were me, I'd show some loyalty to my senior QB and give him every chance to get his job back for his last year, but you're risking making your rising star, who you can have for the next three years, unhappy by making him compete and possibly lose the job he inherited for, at best, marginally better production at the position for one year. That's not a year Barrett can get back because he's already redshirted, so I think, hypothetically, it would be possible that he'd go somewhere down a level where he could play and then come back to D1 for his last two years elsewhere. I think it's the best decision by OSU from a business sense. But, it's all out the window at this point. Broken ankles are tricky and there's no guarantee Barrett will be at full capacity to start next season (if ever), not to mention the fact that he'll miss spring practice and summer workouts. I'd be surprised at this point if Barrett isn't told he needs to plan to take next year off to get well and they go back to Miller.

Dawgface
12-05-2014, 08:22 AM
I bet Miller stays now. If he's healthy, why not let Barrett RS and rehab completely? Barrett probably wouldn't have been too keen on the idea of RS after having a good year, but a broken ankle changes things.

Quaoarsking
12-05-2014, 08:27 PM
I bet Miller stays now. If he's healthy, why not let Barrett RS and rehab completely? Barrett probably wouldn't have been too keen on the idea of RS after having a good year, but a broken ankle changes things.

Barrett's already redshirted in 2013, so while he could conceivably get a medical redshirt for 2015 and play 2016-18, he wouldn't be able to apply for it until after the 2017 season and there would be no guarantee of him getting it. With his talent he's probably gone to the NFL by then anyway.