PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Tech Connundrum

TheRef
12-03-2014, 03:56 PM
So according to pretty much everyone, if GT beats FSU they go to the Orange Bowl as ACC Champ (and no chance to make the CFP).

If GT loses to FSU, they still go to the Orange Bowl because they'll be the highest ACC team NOT in the CFP.

At least we're not in this situation.

BrunswickDawg
12-03-2014, 04:13 PM
I grew up with a great disdain for the North Avenue Trade School, but I have to give Paul Johnson some real credit. It ain't sexy, but they get the job done and get no respect for it. 2 Nattys at Georgia Southern, a 10 win season at Navy, 4 Division titles in the ACC, 1 ACC Title (albeit forfeited due to NCAA violations).
A 10 win season at Tech is almost as mythical as a 10 win season at State - and he has 2 in 6 years.

Political Hack
12-03-2014, 05:07 PM
it ain't sexy, and bowl games have to hate it. You think the orange bowl is excited about bringing the dozens and dozens of jacket fans to their venue? they can't sell out in the middle of downtown Atlanta with a small stadium. Their spring game draws less than some of our baseball practices.

You know the Orange bowl was thinking about Florida State, Clemson, North Carolina and the like when they put that contract in place... and then they get the Paul Johnson triple option coming to town with all of 5,0000 fans.

I'll go straight up with anyone right now that if GaTech lands in the Orange bowl, that it will be the lowest attended of the Big 6. Any takers?

BrunswickDawg
12-03-2014, 05:36 PM
Their game against Georgia Southern sold out - thanks to GSU fans! Growing up we called their fans "Techmites" - small, but come out of the woodwork when they are winning.

defiantdog
12-03-2014, 05:46 PM
Georgia Tech is the only school I can think of that has decreased the number of people who can sit in their stadium.

Aces High
12-03-2014, 05:49 PM
Georgia Tech is the only school I can think of that has decreased the number of people who can sit in their stadium.

Kentucky did too

Liverpooldawg
12-03-2014, 06:46 PM

Stanford