PDA

View Full Version : Highly unlikely but possible??

MetEdDawg
12-03-2014, 11:34 AM
This is crazy and the chances are insane that this could actually happen, but if EVERYTHING were to go right for us, I think there is a chance we could still be in the playoff and here's how:

1) Bama beats Missouri. Has to happen like this because a Bama loss keeps Bama in front of us AND probably jumps Mizzou in front of us.

2) Oregon beats Arizona. Same scenario as #1. Oregon loses and they and Arizona both stay in front of us. Arizona drops below us if they lose.

3) TCU loses to Iowa State ala Oklahoma State in 2011. Drops them below us.

4) Florida State loses to Ga Tech. Very well could happen and I think they would also drop below us if that happened while at the same time not letting Ga Tech above us because they have two losses to Duke and North Carolina.

5) Ohio State loses to Wisconsin. Could happen and I think if they were to lose badly they would drop below us.

6) Baylor beats Kansas State. Have to have KSU drop below us. A Baylor loss only propels KSU further in front of us so they have to lose.

7) At this point it gets interesting. Can we jump Michigan State to get into the 4th spot? Not sure we could but it's possible. They lost @ current #2 Oregon by 19 and at home against current #5 Ohio State by 12. We lost @ current #1 by 5 and @ current #12 by 14. I think our resume is better but would the committee at this point put a 2nd SEC team in over a Big 10 team? Not sure but it's possible.

This would put Bama #1, Oregon #2, Baylor #3, and either us or Michigan State #4. This was more of a fun thing that could happen because realistically the chances are probably close to zero that this actually does happen. But how fun would that be if the entire college football world was thrown into this chaos?

RossDawg82
12-03-2014, 11:37 AM
one or two of those scenarios might happen. We aren't getting into the playoffs. Time to start looking at the bowl game and planning for next year.

C222
12-03-2014, 11:39 AM
This is crazy and the chances are insane that this could actually happen, but if EVERYTHING were to go right for us, I think there is a chance we could still be in the playoff and here's how:

1) Bama beats Missouri. Has to happen like this because a Bama loss keeps Bama in front of us AND probably jumps Mizzou in front of us.

2) Oregon beats Arizona. Same scenario as #1. Oregon loses and they and Arizona both stay in front of us. Arizona drops below us if they lose.

3) TCU loses to Iowa State ala Oklahoma State in 2011. Drops them below us.

4) Florida State loses to Ga Tech. Very well could happen and I think they would also drop below us if that happened while at the same time not letting Ga Tech above us because they have two losses to Duke and North Carolina.

5) Ohio State loses to Wisconsin. Could happen and I think if they were to lose badly they would drop below us.

6) Baylor beats Kansas State. Have to have KSU drop below us. A Baylor loss only propels KSU further in front of us so they have to lose.

7) At this point it gets interesting. Can we jump Michigan State to get into the 4th spot? Not sure we could but it's possible. They lost @ current #2 Oregon by 19 and at home against current #5 Ohio State by 12. We lost @ current #1 by 5 and @ current #12 by 14. I think our resume is better but would the committee at this point put a 2nd SEC team in over a Big 10 team? Not sure but it's possible.

This would put Bama #1, Oregon #2, Baylor #3, and either us or Michigan State #4. This was more of a fun thing that could happen because realistically the chances are probably close to zero that this actually does happen. But how fun would that be if the entire college football world was thrown into this chaos?

If we aren't ahead of Mich St now, there is no chance we pass them.

dawgs
12-03-2014, 11:42 AM
Wisconsin, gt, and f$u would all also be strongly considered in this scenario.

NCDawg
12-03-2014, 11:43 AM

Correct, we had our chance(s), and blew them.

MetEdDawg
12-03-2014, 11:45 AM
one or two of those scenarios might happen. We aren't getting into the playoffs. Time to start looking at the bowl game and planning for next year.

Oh I don't think in the least bit that we will get into the playoffs. But I that scenario is pretty hilarious because only one out of those 7 points I mentioned is actually far fetched and that's TCU losing to Iowa State. Everything else on there could happen. Like I said the chances are beyond remote this would happen but just interesting to think about.

Beaver
12-03-2014, 11:50 AM

You're probably right. However, with Ohio State losing, that would make Sparty's second loss about on par with State's. Their first loss (@ Oregon) is on par with our first loss (@Bama), so the only separation would be best wins. Theirs was over then #25 Nebraska at home. We beat 3 top 10 teams in a row... Just saying... Obviously none of this matters because it won't happen anyway, but it's fun to dream..

dawgpound
12-03-2014, 12:18 PM
Even if all that happened, no chance we got back in

DawgHouseUnited
12-03-2014, 12:23 PM
Relevant meme below...

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/49/49ded2238ba4eaaca94bf22f509c13db3e7699d8a1934664cd 942a491650b05f.jpg

Bucky Dog
12-03-2014, 06:32 PM
I'm going to sound like the little brat that didn't get his way: I want everyone ahead of us to lose this weekend!! I will be rooting for Missouri, Arizona, Iowa State, Georgia Tech, Kansas State and Wisconsin!!! Let's F it all up!!!

Smitty
12-03-2014, 06:35 PM
Florida State and Michigan State not falling below us no matta what. We out. Shittastic performance vs the Bears guatanteed that.

SDDawg
12-03-2014, 06:56 PM
I'm not a pessimist, but no chance there. Can't see it.

sleepy dawg
12-03-2014, 10:00 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/d5a481266942da1dfc2d95e2167c12ca/tumblr_inline_n0uzfn8kPI1qldara.gif