PDA

View Full Version : Wommack

msstate7
12-03-2014, 10:47 AM
Why is there no talk of him to auburn or aTm? Am I missing something or what? I think he's one of the best DC's around

TrapGame
12-03-2014, 10:54 AM
Did the Disciples ever leave Jesus?

msstate7
12-03-2014, 10:57 AM
Did the Disciples ever leave Jesus?

One betrayed him*

TrapGame
12-03-2014, 11:00 AM
One betrayed him*

If Wommack kisses Freeze on the cheek LOOK OUT!*

(Might make Kimdooshie jealous.)

Jack Lambert
12-03-2014, 11:27 AM
One betrayed him*

One Denied him.

NCDawg
12-03-2014, 11:48 AM
One Denied him.

I agree he is a good DC. He shut us down pretty good most of the game, but it also helped that his defense was very quick. His players knew their assignments well.

dawgpound
12-03-2014, 12:17 PM
It helps him that his defense has such talent and team speed... He did gameplan good against us though. He is getting a raise along with the Reverend

TrapGame
12-03-2014, 12:34 PM
What amazes me is he was absolutely pathetic at USM and taught Tyrone Nix everything he knew.

codeDawg
12-03-2014, 02:47 PM
What amazes me is he was absolutely pathetic at USM and taught Tyrone Nix everything he knew.

I think that's the knock. He was not very good for an entire career until UM. Talent has more to do with it than scheme.

Irondawg
12-03-2014, 04:10 PM
Yep, I thought it was a moderate hire at best when they did it, but he's been very good there for sure.

coastratdog
12-03-2014, 07:56 PM
He can thank Bama for the recipe to stop our offense. Mullen didn't adjust in that game either. Hard headed Yankee.

RougeDawg
12-04-2014, 10:18 AM
He can thank Bama for the recipe to stop our offense. Mullen didn't adjust in that game either. Hard headed Yankee.

So you mean Dan continuing to call slow developing QB draw/dives was Bama showing how to stop us? Dan stopped us by going conservative and calling horrendously shitty plays. Those shitty plays he called against Bama and OM wouldn't have been successful against USM. We had no motion, fakes, or creativity. That's why we lost those two games. On the other hand OM was running motion, faking the handoff, then faking a pass to guy in motion, running end arounds and reverses. We never made their defense to anything other than come straight up the field. Easy to stop when the offense is coming right at you with no misdirection or deception.

DownwardDawg
12-04-2014, 10:28 AM
So you mean Dan continuing to call slow developing QB draw/dives was Bama showing how to stop us? Dan stopped us by going conservative and calling horrendously shitty plays. Those shitty plays he called against Bama and OM wouldn't have been successful against USM. We had no motion, fakes, or creativity. That's why we lost those two games. On the other hand OM was running motion, faking the handoff, then faking a pass to guy in motion, running end arounds and reverses. We never made their defense to anything other than come straight up the field. Easy to stop when the offense is coming right at you with no misdirection or deception.

You nailed it. Their offense play calling was so much better than ours.