PDA

View Full Version : I really like Buddy Stephens..

CadaverDawg
12-03-2014, 10:06 AM
If anybody just heard his interview on Bounds....you gotta love that guy. It is a crime that we couldn't get AJ Stamps as bad as our safeties are. Are we still doing ok at EMCC, or does it feel like Freeze and Stoops are starting to get most of their best guys? We need to work on that relationship IMO. Which of our coaches recruit that part of the state?

Tough Dawg
12-03-2014, 10:12 AM
Stephens does not like Mullen. Period.

BeastMan
12-03-2014, 10:14 AM
EMCC isn't in-state loyal anymore. Freeze has an awful relationship there because of this. MSU's go-to is Co-Lin now. Stephens wants to be more of a national feeder. I'm not saying he does anything that hurts MSU or OM but he sure doesn't help. I think our last example was Justin Cox sneak visiting Bama when he was at EMCC.

BeastMan
12-03-2014, 10:15 AM
Stephens does not like Mullen. Period.

Stephens doesn't "like" any in-state coach. He loves Saban, Jimbo, etc...

Big4Dawg
12-03-2014, 10:17 AM
I bet we really start placing a lot more guys at Co-Lin.

Farrod Green's dad is the secondary coach there.

BeastMan
12-03-2014, 10:25 AM
I bet we really start placing a lot more guys at Co-Lin.

Farrod Green's dad is the secondary coach there.

Don't forget who the HC is either...

ShotgunDawg
12-03-2014, 10:32 AM
Should our tax dollars be going towards a football program that doesn't help support Mississippi's college teams?

Tough Dawg
12-03-2014, 10:45 AM
Can you tell me why he doesn't like Mullen? Let's see what you know.

Not worried about the other in-state coach.

thedawg
12-03-2014, 11:00 AM
It all started with Justin Cox... When you place a kid at a JUCO its a gentleman's agreement the JUCO will protect them from being recruited by other schools... Justin Cox snuck off on a visit to Alabama.. Stephens said he had no idea and cant watch him 24/7... Mullen was pissed went off on Stephens... They think each other are liars... There have been other less major things like us basically passing on or keeping Jamal Danley warm... Its not that big of a deal.. We just deal with Co-Lin instead now

MabenMaroon
12-03-2014, 11:27 AM
I know that EMCC has won multiple recent JCNC's but I am not sure why folks are so amped on MSU getting ins over there. A lot of their star players that have been cast off of DI teams for attitude, discipline and other problems. I might be wrong on this, but I can't really think of any of their recent placements in the SEC who make are big time difference makers ( don't tell me about Bro Bo, if tsun had a real good qb, they would be in the CFP final 4 right now). Denico Autry was serviceable but not really a difference maker. From the few folks that I have spoken to who follow jc football in the state tell me that while EMCC is very successful on the field, they are not terribly well thought of off the field. There are a couple of hs school coaches that I have spoken with who do not have very good things to say about EMCC and their program ( a few of the descriptive words I have heard them say include sleazy, derelict, undisciplined, fraudulent. etc. )
Any thoughts or other knowledge of their program would be appreciated. If any of what I have heard is true, I don't know that we should be overly active or zealous in trying to develop a relationship with the program. Got to be careful and maintain the integrity within out own program.

CadaverDawg
12-03-2014, 11:45 AM
I know that EMCC has won multiple recent JCNC's but I am not sure why folks are so amped on MSU getting ins over there. A lot of their star players that have been cast off of DI teams for attitude, discipline and other problems. I might be wrong on this, but I can't really think of any of their recent placements in the SEC who make are big time difference makers ( don't tell me about Bro Bo, if tsun had a real good qb, they would be in the CFP final 4 right now). Denico Autry was serviceable but not really a difference maker. From the few folks that I have spoken to who follow jc football in the state tell me that while EMCC is very successful on the field, they are not terribly well thought of off the field. There are a couple of hs school coaches that I have spoken with who do not have very good things to say about EMCC and their program ( a few of the descriptive words I have heard them say include sleazy, derelict, undisciplined, fraudulent. etc. )
Any thoughts or other knowledge of their program would be appreciated. If any of what I have heard is true, I don't know that we should be overly active or zealous in trying to develop a relationship with the program. Got to be careful and maintain the integrity within out own program.

Zadarrius Smith and AJ Stamps are 2 key cogs on Kentucky's defense, and they would have helped us tremendously. (Especially Stamps this year)

That's just 2 off the top of my head. And you can discredit Bo Wallace all you want, but the bottom line is that he is a solid college QB in that system, and we wanted him at the time. I'm glad we ended up with Dak instead, but you can't ignore that if we keep Bo from going to Om, they are garbage the last 3 seasons.

HancockCountyDog
12-03-2014, 11:52 AM
Zadarrius Smith and AJ Stamps are 2 key cogs on Kentucky's defense, and they would have helped us tremendously. (Especially Stamps this year)

That's just 2 off the top of my head. And you can discredit Bo Wallace all you want, but the bottom line is that he is a solid college QB in that system, and we wanted him at the time. I'm glad we ended up with Dak instead, but you can't ignore that if we keep Bo from going to Om, they are garbage the last 3 seasons.

If Im not mistaken, UK hired the EMCC Defensive coach to get both of those guys. My memory is failing me at times, but I remember talking to a MGCCC coach and him saying something about this;

Political Hack
12-03-2014, 11:58 AM
Mullen doesn't like Stephens either. It started before Cox, but that could've been the "last straw" for CDM I guess.

Having a nationally ranked Juco team less than 30 minutes from campus and not placing any more kids there is telling.

preachermatt83
12-03-2014, 12:22 PM
If Im not mistaken, UK hired the EMCC Defensive coach to get both of those guys. My memory is failing me at times, but I remember talking to a MGCCC coach and him saying something about this;

you are correct. the d-line coach at Kentucky was at EMCC

preachermatt83
12-03-2014, 12:22 PM
Mullen doesn't like Stephens either. It started before Cox, but that could've been the "last straw" for CDM I guess.

Having a nationally ranked Juco team less than 30 minutes from campus and not placing any more kids there is telling.

yup.. and like others have said, CO-Lin is where we are "doing business" now.

ScoobaDawg
12-03-2014, 12:23 PM
Should our tax dollars be going towards a football program that doesn't help support Mississippi's college teams?

ARE YOU REALLY SERIOUS. Dear God step away from the keyboard....

M.Fillmore
12-03-2014, 10:56 PM
People don't like EMCC for the same reason that people didn't like Spurrier at Florida. Stephens runs the scores up says its your job to stop him and its his job to score. A good friend has a son who played there. If a kid misses a class, they get a call the right after class from an academic official, if the kid doesn't answer the call the next call is to the coach. Kids go to class at Scooba. Its not a bunch of renegades.

But on the field, they will kick your butt and dare you to do something about it.

ShotgunDawg
12-03-2014, 11:04 PM
ARE YOU REALLY SERIOUS. Dear God step away from the keyboard....

No, not serious. Just asking a question