PDA

View Full Version : Muschamp to Auburn? Damn

mparkerfd20
12-03-2014, 09:32 AM
Not looking forward to that.

defiantdog
12-03-2014, 09:43 AM
Not official yet, but he's showing interest. If hate to be the defensive coordinator at Auburn. They're just like A&M. The offense is so fast that they expect the defense to be on the field the majority of the game. It's difficult to create a shutdown defense when they're on the field 40 minutes a game.

DownwardDawg
12-03-2014, 10:42 AM
Not official yet, but he's showing interest. If hate to be the defensive coordinator at Auburn. They're just like A&M. The offense is so fast that they expect the defense to be on the field the majority of the game. It's difficult to create a shutdown defense when they're on the field 40 minutes a game.

Yep. I would turn that down in a heartbeat. Could be a career killer for him.

Coach34
12-03-2014, 10:42 AM
If Auburn or A&M start playing defense though they gonna be hard to deal with

defiantdog
12-03-2014, 01:36 PM
Yep. I would turn that down in a heartbeat. Could be a career killer for him.

You missed the point, but I guess it's easy to be a smart ass on a message board

quickstrike2
12-03-2014, 01:40 PM

This is a good point. Muschamp would be a great hire, but your d does have to be out there a lot.

Dawg61
12-03-2014, 02:28 PM

After 12 games Auburn has a higher time of possession than we do. By one minute total. They are 53rd in the nation in TOP and we are 57th. We are also 122nd in the nation in passing yards allowed. That's brutal.

defiantdog
12-03-2014, 02:33 PM
After 12 games Auburn has a higher time of possession than we do. By one minute total. They are 53rd in the nation in TOP and we are 57th. We are also 122nd in the nation in passing yards allowed. That's brutal.

122 out of 128 teams..... that's not good

DownwardDawg
12-03-2014, 02:34 PM
You missed the point, but I guess it's easy to be a smart ass on a message board

Uuuummmm, please explain how I was being a smartass? I might have been a dubmass for missing the point but I don't understand the smartass comment.

bulldawg28
12-03-2014, 02:49 PM
Muschamp to SC

dawgs
12-03-2014, 02:52 PM

Hey now, don't dosprove the narrative they have going!

It's also a bad argument that a faster paced team can't have a good D. Expand your mind a bit and look at things like yards per play instead of total D. Not as much this year, but Oregon has been very good in yards per play most seasons even though the narrative was that they were a ***** pac 12 D.

msstate7
12-03-2014, 03:06 PM
Muschamp to SC

If he wants to be a HC again, this may be the best route. Do a good job there and maybe step right in when spurrier steps down

dawgs
12-03-2014, 03:16 PM
If he wants to be a HC again, this may be the best route. Do a good job there and maybe step right in when spurrier steps down

Let him be a badass DC for a few years, let the florida stink wash away, and he'd have usce level jobs available to him whether he goes to usce, auburn, or a&m, or somewhere else entirely.

LC Dawg
12-03-2014, 04:24 PM
My hope is that Saban advises Kirby Smart to take a non-SEC head coaching job and Saban hires Muschamp to keep him from other SEC teams. At least this way we won't have to face Bama's defense and a Muschamp defense every year.
Also, from watching how relaxed he's been since he was fired, I'm not sure Muschamp is itching to be a head coach again any time soon.

defiantdog
12-03-2014, 05:08 PM
Uuuummmm, please explain how I was being a smartass? I might have been a dubmass for missing the point but I don't understand the smartass comment.

My bad man..... read it the wrong way

ShotgunDawg
12-03-2014, 05:09 PM
My hope is that Saban advises Kirby Smart to take a non-SEC head coaching job and Saban hires Muschamp to keep him from other SEC teams. At least this way we won't have to face Bama's defense and a Muschamp defense every year.
Also, from watching how relaxed he's been since he was fired, I'm not sure Muschamp is itching to be a head coach again any time soon.

Why is everyone concerned about Muschamp?

Was Florida's defense that great this year? Not saying he's not a good coach, but I've never feared him as a defensive coordinator. No more than Chavis or Ellis Johnson

TUSK
12-03-2014, 05:24 PM

Was Florida's defense that great this year? Not saying he's not a good coach, but I've never feared him as a defensive coordinator. No more than Chavis or Ellis Johnson

I thought UF's D was pretty badass this year.... edit: throw out the outlier (Bammer game), and they've arguably the best D in the country this year...

I certainly don't wanna see Muschamp go to AU or another SEC program, for that matter...

AROB44
12-03-2014, 05:35 PM

EJ is good for a year or two and that's about it. Time has passed him by. No where near as good as Muschamp.....not on the same planet.

LC Dawg
12-03-2014, 05:37 PM

I didn't watch a lot of Florida games but I thought his defenses were pretty solid. I'm just going by memory but I was thinking that his LSU and Auburn defenses were pretty damn good. Seems like that LSU championship defense was phenomenal.

mparkerfd20
12-03-2014, 05:53 PM
I thought UF's D was pretty badass this year.... edit: throw out the outlier (Bammer game), and they've arguably the best D in the country this year...

I certainly don't wanna see Muschamp go to AU or another SEC program, for that matter...

That's pretty much my feelings. If he has to go to an SEC program, I'd rather it be an East school and it not be Auburn or TAM. He might make either of those relevant again.

DownwardDawg
12-03-2014, 06:07 PM
My bad man..... read it the wrong way

Lol. No problem. I was just confused.

Dawgcentral
12-03-2014, 07:05 PM
Just a thought, but I thinkmif you let a guy like Muschamp concentrate on what he does best, he'll probably have pretty good production.

He might have had some more success with a couple more years, but that's more speculation on my part than fact. Florida fans, alumni, and Foley seem pretty lame to me.