PDA

View Full Version : NSFW and Tears Warning: Video of Inside UAB Locker Room after Announcement

TheRef
12-02-2014, 10:04 PM
Guys....this is tough to watch. It's NSFW, and a pure outpouring of emotion. You want to see emotion and pure want and desire to play? Listen to these guys...it's...wow....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAvSuQEh6lI&feature=youtu.be

mstatefan91
12-02-2014, 10:05 PM
Just heartbreaking to watch. I hope they get football back somehow, someway.

SDDawg
12-02-2014, 10:09 PM
******* shame and Bammers ought to be incredibly ashamed to be associated with this nonsense. Awful.

Bass Chaser
12-02-2014, 10:09 PM
What happens to the scholarships they have? Are football scholarships 1-year renewable?

Todd4State
12-02-2014, 10:12 PM
I hope we get the first player and the last player that spoke an opportunity to play at MSU if they still have any eligibility left.

msstate7
12-02-2014, 10:12 PM
They're 6-6. I really hope they can get a bowl

Todd4State
12-02-2014, 10:13 PM
Just heartbreaking to watch. I hope they get football back somehow, someway.

I hope they get to play Alabama and kick their ass.

TheRef
12-02-2014, 10:13 PM
They're 6-6. I really hope they can get a bowl

I'm not sure if it's an immediate shutdown or not....if it's not one, I'm down for buying a ticket, buying UAB gear, and supporting the hell out of that program in its last game.

Todd4State
12-02-2014, 10:14 PM
What happens to the scholarships they have? Are football scholarships 1-year renewable?

From what I understand, they can transfer to any D-I school and will be immediately eligible. I have no idea who pays for that. But I hope it's the University of Alabama.

CadaverDawg
12-02-2014, 10:15 PM
You know, it's easy to sit here and say "oh well" when you aren't a part of that program....but to see the way it affects these guys makes your heart hurt for them. Thanks for sharing that video....I truly feel for those guys and I hope UAB does everything possible to make sure they are all taken care of. That is some raw emotion right there. Hard to watch

Dawgface
12-03-2014, 08:57 AM
That really is a shame. Hopefully most of them will be able to latch on with another school, even if its a lower level.

Jack Lambert
12-03-2014, 09:14 AM
Hell this might be the solution to USM lack of talent and debth.

Political Hack
12-03-2014, 10:43 AM
it's a damn shame for the borderline talented kids that won't find a landing place and end up back in the little shack the started in with their dream of a college education crushed.

the BoT better, at minimum, pick up their scholarships for as log as they stay at UAB. That's the only moral way to diffuse a crappy situation that can't really be diffused.

campshelbydog
12-03-2014, 01:28 PM
If that receiver #1 wants a scholarship at state, I'd suggest giving him one if he has any eligibility left. That dude can fly.

Dawg61
12-03-2014, 02:11 PM
How much money does their program need to stay afloat? Roddy White has friends. Lots of them. Can't the state of Alabama raise money to save the program? What about the Walton family. The state of Alabama buys more shit from Wal-Mart than most.

Statefan
12-03-2014, 02:14 PM
How much money does their program need to stay afloat? Roddy White has friends. Lots of them. Can't the state of Alabama raise money to save the program? What about the Walton family. The state of Alabama buys more shit from Wal-Mart than most.

No way man, I don't see where they could have saved enough funds from other places***

http://www.counsilmanhunsaker.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/171905-0-600.jpg

RIdog
12-03-2014, 02:32 PM
Man that's tough to watch

BulldogBear
12-03-2014, 03:35 PM
Brutal. So, this is happening for sure? I haven't been up to speed. I knew it was a possibility but is the decision now made?

Miss. Stake
12-03-2014, 03:43 PM
Brutal. So, this is happening for sure? I haven't been up to speed. I knew it was a possibility but is the decision now made?

Decision is made and impact is immediate. It would take an overwhelming outpour of support to let them even play the bowl game.

TheRef
12-03-2014, 03:50 PM
Decision is made and impact is immediate. It would take an overwhelming outpour of support to let them even play the bowl game.

The team voted that if they are invited to a bowl that they want to play. Needless to say, I have a feeling that anyone within driving distance of that bowl who has heard of this will try to go to it in support of UAB. Also, I wouldn't want to be the team that plays them...that's going to be one pissed off team.

RossDawg82
12-03-2014, 03:56 PM
I say if its close enough, we pack the stadium and ring our cowbells for them.

BulldogBear
12-03-2014, 06:19 PM
I say if its close enough, we pack the stadium and ring our cowbells for them.

+1 if I can drive to it. Will have a cowbell in each hand! I always go to a bowl game even if I can't go to ours or we aren't in one!

GTHOM
12-03-2014, 11:24 PM
I loved watching this video man... thats what football is about. brotherhood, i hope we pick up bill clark and either one of those two players that stood up and spoke. i hate it for UAB everybody deserves a chance to compete. the universtiy of alabama should be ashamed of themselves if they had anything to do with shutting them down

TUSK
12-03-2014, 11:54 PM
I loved watching this video man... thats what football is about. brotherhood, i hope we pick up bill clark and either one of those two players that stood up and spoke. i hate it for UAB everybody deserves a chance to compete. the universtiy of alabama should be ashamed of themselves if they had anything to do with shutting them down

is it a given that the BOT/UofA/Bear Jr shut down the UAB FB program without a reason beyond an old Bartow vendetta/fear of UAB becoming relevent?

what were the financials of the situation? did UAB's FB program support itself?

I honestly don't know.

TheRef
12-03-2014, 11:58 PM
is it a given that the BOT/UofA/Bear Jr shut down the UAB FB program without a reason beyond an old Bartow vendetta/fear of UAB becoming relevent?

what were the financials of the situation? did UAB's FB program support itself?

I honestly don't know.

I mean...the program was in the black for FY 2013...

Dawg61
12-04-2014, 12:17 AM
I mean...the program was in the black for FY 2013...

UAB is playing hard ball with the city. They want a new stadium built. So they are going through with their threat as a final way to convince the city to pay for a new stadium.

TheRef
12-04-2014, 12:21 AM
UAB is playing hard ball with the city. They want a new stadium built. So they are going through with their threat as a final way to convince the city to pay for a new stadium.

No....the UAB President presented the plans for a on-campus stadium to the UA BoT, they immediately rejected it and basically said "You have to play at Legion Field". Then she left and they have their current president who seems like he could give two shits about the school being in C-USA (Which they now won't be since they don't have football anymore). You can hear the coach/player say that the last president came in the locker room and interacted with them/would have cried with them while this guy just stood there and acted like he could give two shits.

So the BoT forced UAB to play in a crappy stadium in a crappy part of town, which inevitably forced them to shut the program down. So blame should be placed on the BoT and the current UAB President.

GTHOM
12-04-2014, 12:26 AM
No....the UAB President presented the plans for a on-campus stadium to the UA BoT, they immediately rejected it and basically said "You have to play at Legion Field". Then she left and they have their current president who seems like he could give two shits about the school being in C-USA (Which they now won't be since they don't have football anymore). You can hear the coach/player say that the last president came in the locker room and interacted with them/would have cried with them while this guy just stood there and acted like he could give two shits.

So the BoT forced UAB to play in a crappy stadium in a crappy part of town, which inevitably forced them to shut the program down. So blame should be placed on the BoT and the current UAB President.

Snapped

BulldogBear
12-04-2014, 08:30 AM
IDK about football but I know the University itself pulls in way way way way more money to the university of Alabama systems than UA-Tuscaloosa. Way more. In some ways, that makes all this "Can't" ironic.