PDA

View Full Version : Masoli rule (stolen from sps posted by engie)

msstate7
12-02-2014, 08:21 PM
Am I the only one that missed the SEC repealing the Masoli Rule?
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...dent-transfers

Found this with some talk of Braxton Miller transferring to Arkansas. Not sure if I'm the only one that didn't realize the change had been made or not.

With lsu qb troubles, OM losing bo, bama losing sims, and auburn losing Marshall, something tells me that we face him next season. Hopefully he goes to Texas or florida

thf24
12-02-2014, 08:23 PM
I didn't know it either. Arkansas for Miller? That seems about the worst fit he could possibly choose.

msstate7
12-02-2014, 08:24 PM
I didn't know it either. Arkansas for Miller? That seems about the worst fit he could possibly choose.
OM, lsu, and auburn would be my biggest concerns getting him.

GreenheadDawg
12-02-2014, 08:28 PM
I would be shocked If he wasn't in Blue and Red next year hangin with swallowing white girls

msstate7
12-02-2014, 08:34 PM
I would be shocked If he wasn't in Blue and Red next year hangin with swallowing white girls

Huge concern at this point. He would make them really good.

GreenheadDawg
12-02-2014, 08:36 PM
Huge concern at this point. He would make them really good.

You're damn right. I sure as hell hope that's not a possibility

thf24
12-02-2014, 08:39 PM
If by chance Kelly decommits during the next month, I'd say Miller is almost certainly headed there.

msstate7
12-02-2014, 08:42 PM
If by chance Kelly decommits during the next month, I'd say Miller is almost certainly headed there.

Oregon loses MM. Texas and Florida don't have qb's. I'm hoping he chooses one of these schools

msstate7
12-02-2014, 08:44 PM
Really think Dak leaving is a longshot. If he does though, miller would ease the pain.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-02-2014, 10:41 PM
Oregon would be the perfect fit for Miller.

Jack Lambert
12-03-2014, 09:18 AM
I hope we never sighn a transfer or JUCO QB. You need to sign Highschool QB and develope them or you could end up in the same shape as Ole Miss at the QB position. They are gong to have to keep signing JUCO QB's.

Johnson85
12-03-2014, 09:24 AM
OM, lsu, and auburn would be my biggest concerns getting him.

Auburn makes the most sense if he is just looking for the right system and coach, but their backup qb is pretty good. LSU would be a good team to step into as far as being the clear favorite at QB, but it'd be a bad system and bad coach. UM would actually make a lot of sense.

defiantdog
12-03-2014, 09:46 AM
Am I the only one that missed the SEC repealing the Masoli Rule?
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...dent-transfers

Found this with some talk of Braxton Miller transferring to Arkansas. Not sure if I'm the only one that didn't realize the change had been made or not.

With lsu qb troubles, OM losing bo, bama losing sims, and auburn losing Marshall, something tells me that we face him next season. Hopefully he goes to Texas or florida

Miller will be the QB at Ohio State next year

msstate7
12-03-2014, 09:51 AM
Miller will be the QB at Ohio State next year

Hope so. If Barrett RS's, he's the greatest team player ever. Barrett just set the all time big 10 td record this year I believe. I have a hard time believing he'll go back to back up next season.

defiantdog
12-03-2014, 09:54 AM
Urban Meyer is a lot like Mullen. They both like to play the seniors over the younger guys. I can see them both playing and sharing time, but Miller will be named the starter. He was a heisman hopeful before the season started..... No way Meyer lets him get away.

thf24
12-03-2014, 09:54 AM
Hope so. If Barrett RS's, he's the greatest team player ever. Barrett just set the all time big 10 td record this year I believe. I have a hard time believing he'll go back to back up next season.

He may have to. He'll miss spring practice and summer workouts at minimum, and a broken ankle isn't something that's a guarantee to come all the way back from.

Urban Meyer is a lot like Mullen. They both like to play the seniors over the younger guys. I can see them both playing and sharing time, but Miller will be named the starter. He was a heisman hopeful before the season started..... No way Meyer lets him get away.

There was a report that Miller was informed a few weeks ago that OSU would be going forward with Barrett as the starter next year. If Miller ends up staying, it'll be because Barrett hasn't recovered in time.

msstate7
12-03-2014, 09:58 AM
He may have to. He'll miss spring practice and summer workouts at minimum, and a broken ankle isn't something that's a guarantee to come all the way back from.

Yeah the injury may be what allows them to keep both and be set at qb for 4 more years.

dawgpound
12-03-2014, 10:07 AM
He will stay at Ohio State and be the starter next year. We better hope he doesn't transfer to Ole Miss.... QB is the only thing keeping them from being a contender next year

jumbo
12-03-2014, 12:19 PM

I don't know. Russell Wilson did pretty well with Bert at Wisconsin

thf24
12-03-2014, 12:22 PM
I don't know. Russell Wilson did pretty well with Bert at Wisconsin

I'm not sure Miller is quite the passer Wilson is. Also, a huge part of Miller's skill set would be negated in Bert's offense.

GTHOM
12-03-2014, 11:35 PM
wow....to me this shows that the SEC is all a about, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.... especially if this came since the braxton miller injury