PDA

View Full Version : Interesting MSU/OM note from Jeff Long

Outside Dawg
12-02-2014, 07:53 PM
In the post reveal conference call with media, Jeff Long said...

@slmandel: Long says Mississippi State 10th, Ole Miss 12th because Mississippi State has stronger body of work.

ShotgunDawg
12-02-2014, 07:58 PM
In the post reveal conference call with media, Jeff Long said...

@slmandel: Long says Mississippi State 10th, Ole Miss 12th because Mississippi State has stronger body of work.

Which is true. MSU has one more win, and lost to Ole Miss on the road. It doesn't mean that Ole Miss is a better team.

SDDawg
12-02-2014, 07:59 PM
Dude, this is dumber than dirt. DID ANYONE ON THE PLANET think OM might be better? Seriously??? Good lawd.

OurState
12-02-2014, 11:44 PM
Dude, this is dumber than dirt. DID ANYONE ON THE PLANET think OM might be better? Seriously??? Good lawd.

NFW. Two losses top three losses. But they do have the best two wins in Football.

ShotgunDawg
12-03-2014, 12:08 AM
NFW. Two losses top three losses. But they do have the best two wins in Football.

They also got those two great wins at home. MSU didn't have that opportunity. MSU went at undefeated at home, which is better than OM can say

Dawgface
12-03-2014, 08:41 AM
Will the committee put together the final poll next Tuesday? Or will it be at a different time? I hope they don't have a change of heart and flip us in the final ranking. It would be the $hits if OM ended up in the better bowl. Unlikely.

msstate7
12-03-2014, 08:48 AM
Will the committee put together the final poll next Tuesday? Or will it be at a different time? I hope they don't have a change of heart and flip us in the final ranking. It would be the $hits if OM ended up in the better bowl. Unlikely.

Sunday 1145 am central

Johnson85
12-03-2014, 09:04 AM

No chance of that happening. Nothing can happen at this point that would justify moving UM ahead of us. Whatever happens in the SEC CG affects us equally. Neither of us had a tough enough OOC foe to make a difference. Off hand, we should move ahead of the loser of KSU or Baylor, which would move us to 9th. If Wisconsin beats OSU in the Big 10 championship game you'd think OSU would drop behind us, bringing us up to 8th. Not sure who is out there that could jump us.

Maroonthirteen
12-03-2014, 09:58 AM
GaTech and Wisconsin would jump us with wins this weekend. I doubt FSU would fall below 10 with a loss. Ohio State might drop out of top 10. So we better hope all the favorites win and KState loses.

What about Missouri? A win over Bama is huge. They might come in around 10 with a win this weekend.

With all the breaks we needed to happen down te stretch prior to EB and none happened........I expect many upsets this weekend.

MagnificentBastard
12-03-2014, 10:49 AM
Ga Tech doesn't matter because of ACC tie in to Orange Bowl. Right now only Missouri or Wisconsin can jump us. K State vs Baylor is our insurance policy. I don't think we can be below the loser of that game. Ohio St could possibly fall below us with a loss if they look really bad with their 3rd string qb. But I don't look for the committee to really punish losers in conference championship games.

Johnson85
12-03-2014, 11:47 AM
GaTech and Wisconsin would jump us with wins this weekend. I doubt FSU would fall below 10 with a loss. Ohio State might drop out of top 10. So we better hope all the favorites win and KState loses. Georgia Tech, yes. Wisconson, no. The only thing that will have changed is they will have beaten an OSU team down to their third string qb, an OSU team that already has an awful loss to a .500 Va Tech team. Wisconsin will also have that loss to LSU on a neutral field. It's possible they'd jump us, but if the committee is being reasonable, it's more likely that they wouldn't penalize OSU than they would allow Wisconsin to jump us.

What about Missouri? A win over Bama is huge. They might come in around 10 with a win this weekend. They would shoot up, and probablyu to around 10, but if they are looking at the total body of work, they still have the loss to Indiana and their wins other than Bama wll be pretty weak.

maroonmania
12-03-2014, 01:07 PM

And a 30 point loss to a 6-6 team. They should be VERY happy to be at 12.

Alldawg
12-03-2014, 03:39 PM

If both teams end up in the top 10 of the rankings, they will have the same level bowl game. The committee selects and they are all equal bowl games.