PDA

View Full Version : No orange looking peachy

msstate7
12-02-2014, 07:19 PM
Michigan state ahead of us is an absolute joke. They have no wins over a top 25 team and got blistered by only ranked teams they played (Oregon and Ohio state).

We've beaten 2 top 25 teams and lost to #1 and #12 on the road.

Now mich state will get orange bowl. Looking like peach vs Ohio state. I do like the bowl matchup better, but we got raped

civildawg
12-02-2014, 07:21 PM
I can't blame them honestly. We looked like a high school team last weekend

SDDawg
12-02-2014, 07:22 PM
Same cash, better bowl match-up (unless FSU loses) and great chance to beat a big name school, and more State fans will go. Doesn't seem like a huge letdown to me.

Smitty
12-02-2014, 07:22 PM
Peach = Orange now right? I'd like to play Mich St as that would have a built in 3rd string QB excuse and would complete our demolition of that state in recent bowls.

Political Hack
12-02-2014, 07:25 PM
Peach = Orange now right? I'd like to play Mich St as that would have a built in 3rd string QB excuse and would complete our demolition of that state in recent bowls.

yes. the top 6 bowls are equal. everyone needs to understand this...

I hope it's Peach vs Ohio State.

BulldogBear
12-02-2014, 07:26 PM
Ohio State I hope. No one else I'd rather outside the playoff. With recent 3-4 week comparisons hopefully we will have the motivation to skulldrag them.

Smitty
12-02-2014, 07:26 PM
yes. the top 6 bowls are equal. everyone needs to understand this...

I hope it's Peach vs Ohio State.

Would 3rd string not let you down a little? I want to beat somebody's best like we got with Meeeechigan in 2010

Dallas_Dawg
12-02-2014, 07:27 PM
No chance it's Cotton?
I'm gonna puke if Ole Miss gets the Cotton again

SDDawg
12-02-2014, 07:28 PM
The playoff committee has exposed themselves though, this is a pretty pitiful poll overall. Michhigan State ahead of us. Wisconsin ahead of Mizzou? I'm not sure I buy into these rankings at this point, but it's funny how that changed after we fell out of the top 4. :)

bobcat91
12-02-2014, 07:28 PM
We will pass Arizona and Kansas State after they lose this week to finish at #8, right behind Michigan State. Looking like Atlanta for New Years.

msstate7
12-02-2014, 07:30 PM
Tcu jumps Fsu. Well boys, Dan was wrong. We would be #3 this week if we beat OM. They kept us out of the playoffs

Smitty
12-02-2014, 07:33 PM
SEC isn't tied in to the big 6 bowls like normal right? I mean can Cotton Peach and Orange get SEC teams?

Political Hack
12-02-2014, 07:34 PM
Tcu jumps Fsu. Well boys, Dan was wrong. We would be #3 this week if we beat OM. They kept us out of the playoffs

I didn't see the interview but I wonder if he meant "wouldn't have been in" the SECCG. I understand that's not how it was portrayed but that's the only logical thing he could've meant.

Liverpooldawg
12-02-2014, 07:40 PM

I don't think so and I never did. Had we won out along with the rest of the top 7 they were always going to jump one of the conference champs in, and no way they would have left an undefeated FSU out.

Sacrifice
12-02-2014, 07:44 PM
Good lord, please let us play OSU. I'm so tired of hearing Herbstreet and Galloway and kanell's mouth.

Political Hack
12-02-2014, 07:46 PM
I don't think so and I never did. Had we won out along with the rest of the top 7 they were always going to jump one of the conference champs in, and no way they would have left an undefeated FSU out.

couldn't disagree more. Conf championships may be a good tie breaker, but that's not how you determine the top 4 teams in America. And if it is, this playoff system will be over quicker than the BCS was.

Irondawg
12-02-2014, 07:47 PM
Look the reason we were always going to be 4 was so that we would face bama. Simple as that even if we had win the egg. There was no way they were going to risk sec vs sec in the championship game

Smitty
12-02-2014, 07:48 PM
Good lord, please let us play OSU. I'm so tired of hearing Herbstreet and Galloway and kanell's mouth.

3rd string QB. Wouldn't beat Barrett.

Built in excuse

Sacrifice
12-02-2014, 07:51 PM
3rd string QB. Wouldn't beat Barrett.

Built in excuse
I know but I don't care. There Defense is healthy. That's good enough for me.

Quaoarsking
12-02-2014, 07:53 PM
Who's to say they wouldn't have ended up leaving FSU out if they just barely beat Georgia Tech? Or for that matter, that they still won't?

It took about a month longer than the AP Poll for the Committee to rank an undefeated Marshall, and the Committee has never respected FSU. Talk about a way to make a statement that the playoff is different than the Polls era, to leave out an undefeated team that pretty everyone agrees probably isn't top 10, much less top 4.

ShotgunDawg
12-02-2014, 07:56 PM
Outside of the top 4, I think the committee is looking towards the bowl matchups. I'm curious if they jumped Michigan State over us because they think are better or just because it likely creates a better bowl matchup.

There are tons of Michigan transplants in Florida, and thus the Orange Bowl is a great fit for them. Whereas the Peach or Cotton is a better fit for MSU.

msstate7
12-02-2014, 07:57 PM
Who's to say they wouldn't have ended up leaving FSU out if they just barely beat Georgia Tech? Or for that matter, that they still won't?

It took about a month longer than the AP Poll for the Committee to rank an undefeated Marshall, and the Committee has never respected FSU. Talk about a way to make a statement that the playoff is different than the Polls era, to leave out an undefeated team that pretty everyone agrees probably isn't top 10, much less top 4.

Georgia tech #11. If Fsu wins, I think they jump tcu right back. If Baylor beats ksu, they may jump into 4 spot. I really think you could see...

1. Bama
2. Oregon
3. Fsu
4. Baylor

yjnkdawg
12-02-2014, 07:59 PM

If we had controlled the game and blew OM out by 3 touchdowns or more, I think we would have, but with a close win, I think TCU would have still jumped us.

msstate7
12-02-2014, 08:00 PM
If we had controlled the game and blew OM out by 3 touchdowns or more, I think we would have, but with a close win, I think TCU would have still jumped us.

Why? Bc they beat an unranked Texas team?

preachermatt83
12-02-2014, 08:30 PM
the only reason TCU is 3rd and Fl State is 4 is because its all about making money. They don't want to send FSU across the country to play when they can be paired with Bama in the Sugar bowl and can pair TCU with Oregon in Rose. This committee is going to end up being a joke

IMissJack
12-02-2014, 08:30 PM
We have gone to Peach too many times, would rather have Orange.

msstate7
12-02-2014, 08:32 PM
We have gone to Peach too many times, would rather have Orange.

0% chance now

Dawgface
12-02-2014, 08:36 PM
I can't blame them honestly. We looked like a high school team last weekend

Yep, we failed the eye test. I would be fine with OSU in Peach.