PDA

View Full Version : Talent is everything to 'Mullen

cheewgumm
12-02-2014, 06:23 PM
At least according to CFB matrix and Dave Bartoo.

Look I think Dave Bartood anaylsis is cool but could be lacking.

However he sent a tweet today that Mullen wind 92% of the time when he has an edge in talent.

The coaches HAVE to find a way to convey this to recruits. Convince them
If he has talent he wins.... Period.

CadaverDawg
12-02-2014, 06:28 PM
At least according to CFB matrix and Dave Bartoo.

Look I think Dave Bartood anaylsis is cool but could be lacking.

However he sent a tweet today that Mullen wind 92% of the time when he has an edge in talent.

The coaches HAVE to find a way to convey this to recruits. Convince them
If he has talent he wins.... Period.

How does he define "talent"? Starz? I think it's stupid if he says MSU is slightly more talented than ______ because they have 1 more 4 star and 1 less 3 star than _____ does. The whole "when he has an edge in talent" thing is totally subjective. I like Bartoo, but I believe his system is severely flawed and has too much opinion involved.

Political Hack
12-02-2014, 06:31 PM
coukd be based on NFL drafts, professional players, etc.. in combination with some weighted recruiting rankings. it's easy to say we have more talent than USM, UAB, UT Martin, etc... it gets subjective when we start talking about Arkansas, Kentucky, Ole Miss, etc...

maroonmania
12-02-2014, 06:34 PM
How does he define "talent"? Starz? I think it's stupid if he says MSU is slightly more talented than ______ because they have 1 more 4 star and 1 less 3 star than _____ does. The whole "when he has an edge in talent" thing is totally subjective. I like Bartoo, but I believe his system is severely flawed and has too much opinion involved.

That was going to be my comment in that his assessment is already flawed because judging who has more "talent" is subjective. Yes, you can objectively say we have less talent than an Alabama and more talent than Vanderbilt but there are a ton of games where objectively guaging who has more talent is in no way clear cut. If he's just going on recruiting stars then its even worse given how a lot of those ratings are given.