PDA

View Full Version : Hey Fredo....

Coach34
12-02-2014, 04:45 PM
Mullen has finished ahead of Freezus 3 straight years. Put another way- Freezus has NEVER finished as high as Mullen in the SEC- and you are giving him a raise for that. A raise for simply not being as good as Mullen

UMCDawg16
12-02-2014, 05:18 PM
OM fans are going to say "but look, Freeze is 2-1 vs. Mullen". 2-1 with the two wins at home. One thing I began to learn last year and have now learned completely this year is that no matter the circumstances surrounding the teams going into the egg bowl, the home team IS GOING TO WIN. 13 of the past 15 years the home team has won and the two that won on the road were because the other program was in shambles at the time. I don't know what it is but it seems to me the host of the egg bowl has had the biggest home field advantage in CFB over the past 15 years. Needless to say, OM fans have lost their mind if they think that are coming to Starkville next year and winning in Dak's senior year and in his last game at DWS. So enjoy it while you can bears.

MadDawg
12-02-2014, 05:29 PM
I must have missed what the "Fredo" means.

Todd4State
12-02-2014, 05:31 PM
I think the two times in the 15 year span that you are talking about where the road team won:

2003- Ole Miss had Eli and we went 2-10 and Jackie was a lame duck coach at that point.

2010- We beat an Ole Miss team that couldn't beat Jacksonville State.

Basically, the only thing you can conclude from that is as far as recent history if the teams are remotely comparable, the home team is going to win. Matt Wyatt in his 247 article estimated that homefield in the Egg Bowl is worth approximately 10 points. I can't say that I disagree with him there. It's definitely worth 7-10.

BulldogBear
12-02-2014, 05:31 PM
I must have missed what the "Fredo" means.

Not much of anything now. Seriously.

Todd4State
12-02-2014, 05:32 PM
OM fans are going to say "but look, Freeze is 2-1 vs. Mullen". 2-1 with the two wins at home. One thing I began to learn last year and have now learned completely this year is that no matter the circumstances surrounding the teams going into the egg bowl, the home team IS GOING TO WIN. 13 of the past 15 years the home team has won and the two that won on the road were because the other program was in shambles at the time. I don't know what it is but it seems to me the host of the egg bowl has had the biggest home field advantage in CFB over the past 15 years. Needless to say, OM fans have lost their mind if they think that are coming to Starkville next year and winning in Dak's senior year and in his last game at DWS. So enjoy it while you can bears.

We just have to stay healthy.

Coach34
12-02-2014, 05:48 PM
Not much of anything now. Seriously.

Finished ahead of them in the West 5 straight years
They have never won the West to play for the SEC Title-we have

Yeah- they are Fredo. You cant talk all that "Big Brother" and "Flagship" shit when you are the 2nd program in the state. Even with their win Saturday- they still lag behind us

DLGDawg
12-02-2014, 07:11 PM
Need to at least go back to 1998 to include our win in Oxford to clinch the West and go to Atlanta. You know...just to make sure any lurkers that have forgotten the fact that they have never been to Atlanta to play in the SEC Championship game!!

Still would be 14 outta 17 years the home team has won though.

BulldogBear
12-02-2014, 07:28 PM
Finished ahead of them in the West 5 straight years
They have never won the West to play for the SEC Title-we have

Yeah- they are Fredo. You cant talk all that "Big Brother" and "Flagship" shit when you are the 2nd program in the state. Even with their win Saturday- they still lag behind us

Yeah, I hear ya. I'm still sore about Saturday.