PDA

View Full Version : State vs Fredo- 2014...who overachieved? Who underachieved?

Coach34
12-02-2014, 04:33 PM
Fredo- preseason rank #17- currently 13th.
State- preseason unrated- currently 10th

Advantage State

Preseason picks?

Fredo was consensus 3rd or 4th in the West...finished 3rd
State was consensus 5th-6th...finished 2nd

Advantage State

Wins?

Fredo had 9
State had 10

Advantage State

Better Bowl?

Advantage State

They won the Egg Bowl- on their home field- to hold serve. They won the battle. But State won the war. We stole their preseason press and pub from them. We have finished ahead of them in the SEC West for 5 straight years now. Fredo had a good day Saturday- but Fredo is still Fredo. The most talented team they could put together still finished behind us in the SEC

Aces High
12-02-2014, 04:42 PM
In the end, that game likely wont even have mattered.

SDDawg
12-02-2014, 07:20 PM
The game mattered to fans because we want it EVERY YEAR and Dan has told us that he'll deliver, he needs to step it up over the next couple of years.

In the bigger picture, State is on the rise and OM will be back to the trash heap with 4 or 5 wins next year. Sorry, no QB and Quon can't throw it to hissef.

Smitty
12-02-2014, 07:25 PM
The game mattered to fans because we want it EVERY YEAR and Dan has told us that he'll deliver, he needs to step it up over the next couple of years.

In the bigger picture, State is on the rise and OM will be back to the trash heap with 4 or 5 wins next year. Sorry, no QB and Quon can't throw it to hissef.

Bears have their toss up games at home next year. On the road for Bammer Auburn and us. I can see 7-8 wins possibly.

DLGDawg
12-02-2014, 07:27 PM
While we were ranked #1, Fredo had the biggest case of "me too" syndrome that I have ever seen. Fredo gonna Fredo. That was priceless. Time to go fishing.

Advantage State

Preseason picks?

Advantage State

Wins?

Fredo had 9
State had 10

Advantage State

Better Bowl?

Advantage State

They won the Egg Bowl- on their home field- to hold serve. They won the battle. But State won the war. We stole their preseason press and pub from them. We have finished ahead of them in the SEC West for 5 straight years now. Fredo had a good day Saturday- but Fredo is still Fredo. The most talented team they could put together still finished behind us in the SEC

SDDawg
12-02-2014, 07:30 PM
Bears have their toss up games at home next year. On the road for Bammer Auburn and us. I can see 7-8 wins possibly.

I'll be shocked if they're bowling next year... we'll have to see if that new QB they have coming in can stay out of jail long enough to produce.

GreenheadDawg
12-02-2014, 07:55 PM
I'll be shocked if they're bowling next year... we'll have to see if that new QB they have coming in can stay out of jail long enough to produce.

8 wins is their ceiling. They better hope that Kelly can come in and be all-sec or they may not go bowling

OurState
12-02-2014, 11:47 PM

Advantage State

Preseason picks?

Advantage State

Wins?

Fredo had 9
State had 10

Advantage State

Better Bowl?

Advantage State

I loved the fredo moniker.
Then fredo broke our hearts.
Tough to mock him after that.
It was brilliant, now it's sour grapes.

Todd4State
12-02-2014, 11:51 PM

Now we have to take care of family business next year.

Coach34
12-03-2014, 07:40 AM

It's really not. Look at the big picture and not just one game on their field where the home team wins damn near every time.

Bucky Dog
12-03-2014, 08:24 AM
B b but Coach! What about recruiting, and game day in the Grove, and the family atmosphere created by Freeze?? And he makes $1MM more than Dan so obviously he is a better coach!

Dawgface
12-03-2014, 08:35 AM

That's what crossed my mind when I read it. Having said that, I do agree in the basic premiss that we overachieved and they pretty much held serve. Still sucks we lost to them.