PDA

View Full Version : Brady gone at Michigan

RossDawg82
12-02-2014, 03:51 PM
Let the Dan to Michigan begin in 3...2...1

ShotgunDawg
12-02-2014, 04:03 PM
I don't think Dan would go to Michigan due to having him having a connection with Greg Byrne and thus Rich Rodriguez. Seems that Dan would have easy access to know why Rich Rod had trouble winning at Michigan. He may go if they paid him 5 mil a year, but I don't see Michigan doing that.

I think Michigan goes after Les Miles or Steve Addazio. If LSU opens up, then it may be time to get worried.

RossDawg82
12-02-2014, 04:07 PM
I don't think Dan would go to Michigan due to having him having a connection with Greg Byrne and thus Rich Rodriguez. Seems that Dan would have easy access to know why Rich Rod had trouble winning at Michigan. He may go if they paid him 5 mil a year, but I don't see Michigan doing that.

I think Michigan goes after Les Miles or Steve Addazio. If LSU opens up, then it may be time to get worried.

There is no way Dan would jump from one West school to the next.

msstate7
12-02-2014, 04:11 PM
Keep an eye on bielema. He was wildly successful in the big 10. He has to see how hard it'll be to win big in the sec west. If I was Michigan, I'd call harbaugh then Bielema

Todd4State
12-02-2014, 04:12 PM
A lot of the reason Rich Rodriguez failed there was because he was doing away with some of their football traditions.

TrapGame
12-02-2014, 04:37 PM
Hell, I've already seen bullshit on the net saying Nebraska's after Dan. Nebraska is just like Michigan: a former power that is no longer the job it used to be.

Bothrops
12-02-2014, 04:37 PM
Addazio might be a likely candidate. Miles wouldn't go, and Mullen wouldn't go.

That place is like a bigger ND. A has been program.

ShotgunDawg
12-02-2014, 04:47 PM
Keep an eye on bielema. He was wildly successful in the big 10. He has to see how hard it'll be to win big in the sec west. If I was Michigan, I'd call harbaugh then Bielema

I love Bielema as a coach and believe he would be a great hire for Michigan. He would recruit about the same level of talent he has at Arkansas, but get to play against inferior competition.

ShotgunDawg
12-02-2014, 04:48 PM
There is no way Dan would jump from one West school to the next.

I don't know if he would care or not. LSU is a great job, due to the instate recruiting situation. I'm not sure who else LSU would go after

RossDawg82
12-02-2014, 04:53 PM
I don't know if he would care or not. LSU is a great job, due to the instate recruiting situation. I'm not sure who else LSU would go after

Im sure they would shoot for an NFL coach before going after someone else. They also like OSU so it could be a job for Gundy Ball

Political Hack
12-02-2014, 04:54 PM
people close to Michigan have quoted Miles as saying "I'll never say no to Michigan."

DownwardDawg
12-02-2014, 04:56 PM

LSU wants to fire their winningest coach ever. 10-2 every year at LSU with an 8-4 sprinkled in gets you fired. Not a great job.

Coach34
12-02-2014, 04:56 PM
people close to Michigan have quoted Miles as saying "I'll never say no to Michigan."

He already has once

Aces High
12-02-2014, 04:57 PM
I love Bielema as a coach and believe he would be a great hire for Michigan. He would recruit about the same level of talent he has at Arkansas, but get to play against inferior competition.

I wont be surprised if bielema and their AD go to Michigan...

shoeless joe
12-02-2014, 04:57 PM

He already did...that's why they hired hoke

Political Hack
12-02-2014, 04:58 PM
He already has once

I don't know if that was true or just rumors to get himself a raise. I think we've seen that before...

Political Hack
12-02-2014, 05:00 PM
He already did...that's why they hired hoke

there's a book where the author quotes him... two different times.

GreenheadDawg
12-02-2014, 06:12 PM
Since I now live in BR most of my friends and acquaintances are LSU fans and large majority would help Miles pack if Michigan came calling

CadaverDawg
12-02-2014, 06:23 PM
Since I now live in BR most of my friends and acquaintances are LSU fans and large majority would help Miles pack if Michigan came calling

Yea, I'm thinking it would be perfect for LSU fans. They all know Miles is an under achiever, but the lucky bastard finds a way to win every time it looks like he's about to spiral, so they can't fire him. If he left, they wouldn't look like a greedy bunch that fired a winning coach, AND They would be able to search for a coach that could do serious damage with that talent in BR.

Political Hack
12-02-2014, 06:33 PM
Yea, I'm thinking it would be perfect for LSU fans. They all know Miles is an under achiever, but the lucky bastard finds a way to win every time it looks like he's about to spiral, so they can't fire him. If he left, they wouldn't look like a greedy bunch that fired a winning coach, AND They would be able to search for a coach that could do serious damage with that talent in BR.

we're no different than LSU fans this year, bitching about 9-2 because we didn't win the SEC or a Natty... like we "should have." We over achieved. I'm still pissed, but we've very much taken on the persona of the LSU fan base since Saturday.

M.Fillmore
12-03-2014, 01:16 AM
I have a friend who is a HUGE Michigan fan. He says the joke up there is well placed; AA doesn't stand for Ann Arbor it stands for Arrogant @ssholes. My friend says, "I love Michigan but AA is true. we are Arrogant @ssholes."

I can't see Mullen going to a place like that. It sounds too much like Oxford. Plus Shotgun is right, I'd bet that Mullen would go through Byrne to talk with RichRod and thus get an earful on Michigan.

TUSK
12-03-2014, 01:53 AM
we're no different than LSU fans this year, bitching about 9-2 because we didn't win the SEC or a Natty... like we "should have." We over achieved. I'm still pissed, but we've very much taken on the persona of the LSU fan base since Saturday.

while this is true, yall are no where near as tortured as that (LSU) fanbase...

those poor bastards are stuck with lester... he fooled a bunch of folks (C34 included) into thinkin' he was a great "coach"....

Miles is a very good recruiter and excellent motivator... but he cant coach for dick... I hope he stays in the SECW forever...

Hack, you and I could get hammered as dogshit Sunday thru Thursday, coach LSU talent on Friday/Saturday and get 8 wins a year

Bucky Dog
12-03-2014, 08:13 AM

And his wife would be much better looking in Michigan!

Jack Lambert
12-03-2014, 09:20 AM

rich Rod was only there for one year. He was never given a chance to win. He did get to the gator bowl with 7 wins his one year. If he had stayed at Michingan their situation would be way different now. That guy has won every where he has been. Heck he might even get Ariz into the playoff this year.

defiantdog
12-03-2014, 09:51 AM
Michigan hasn't had a defense since Charles Woodson was there. They need a defensive minded coach. The only thing that will attract a coach there is money because the fan base and the program are in shambles.

sandwolf
12-03-2014, 10:01 AM
rich Rod was only there for one year. He was never given a chance to win. He did get to the gator bowl with 7 wins his one year. If he had stayed at Michingan their situation would be way different now. That guy has won every where he has been. Heck he might even get Ariz into the playoff this year.

I agree with you, but Rich Rod was at Michigan for 3 years.