PDA

View Full Version : Guesses on final rankings?

Leroy Jenkins
12-02-2014, 08:58 AM
Given that some teams ahead of us will lose, where do you think we end up in the final polls? Assuming we win the bowl game.

starkvegasdawg
12-02-2014, 09:00 AM
7th

SDDawg
12-02-2014, 09:31 AM
I'm going 9th, just not completely sure who moves ahead though.

jimbo352
12-02-2014, 09:44 AM
Hell... If KSU and Arizona lose, we'll assuredly move up to 8th. If Baylor loses to KSU, they'll probably drop big time... Then we might play Ohio State/ Wisconsin perhaps, which would move us up another spot or two if we win.

I'd say 6th or 7th if we win the bowl.

Dawgface
12-02-2014, 10:17 AM
8th. After the Egg bowl performance, not that confident we will win. Sure hope we do, we need to finish the year off on an up note.

LC Dawg
12-02-2014, 11:07 AM
I'm curious to see where the committee ranks us tonight. Assuming their rankings reflect closely what we've seen in the AP and Coaches poll that means a lot of teams ahead of us and a few teams right on our heels will be playing this weekend. I'd say there is a scenario or two that could knock us out of the top ten after next weekend.

mparkerfd20
12-02-2014, 11:12 AM
Is there any scenario where we sneak back in playoff? Even if everybody loses I don't think so. We blew our load.

ScoobaDawg
12-02-2014, 12:51 PM
Is there any scenario where we sneak back in playoff? Even if everybody loses I don't think so. We blew our load.

NO. we have no more games to show improvement. Moras quote about playoffs applies now. Forget about it.

blacklistedbully
12-02-2014, 01:01 PM

No way, no how. If every team ahead of us loses their next game the Top 4 would almost assuredly come from these 6, in no particular order:

Bama
Oregon
Michigan State
Arizona
K-State
Wisconsin

Bama & Oregon would drop only so far, especially Oregon if they lose to a highly-ranked AZ. Either way, Oregon or AZ would be ahead of us. Bama would be ahead of us for obvious reasons, including head-to-head, and a loss to a team ranked higher than the one that just beat us. That's 2 spots for sure ahead no matter what.

Michigan State is ahead of us already, and dont; play, so we wouldn't pass them. That's 3 spots already.

The winner of Baylor vs K-State would also be ahead of us, so there's 4 spots already.

Then, the winner of Ohio State vs Wisconsin would be ahead of us That's 5 spots.

Winner of FSU vs GT will be ahead of us, as a GT win would vault them over us. That's 6 spots.

Then you have to figure that some of the losers from above would still be ahead of us, including FSU, TCU, Baylor & Ohio State.

So no, there is no way we sneak back in, period. Every possible break that could go our way would wind up putting somebody else in over us.