PDA

View Full Version : Bowl practice question

msstate7
12-01-2014, 05:27 PM
With no national championship chances, do we give most of the reps in practice to players that'll be around next season or what?

TheRef
12-01-2014, 07:39 PM
It'll be like last season's bowl practice, I'm sure. A lot of young guys get reps against each other, and basically they treat it as a pre-tryout period for the next season. Get an early glimpse at what's to come. Add in the early-enrolees that will get practice time, the squad will benefit as a whole.

Coach 57
12-01-2014, 08:26 PM
It'll be like every year Mullen has been here. I would encourage you guys to GO! I remember thoroughly watching the Gator Bowl practices in 2010 like it was yesterday. It's when I saw that Dak was eventually going to take the reigns from Tyler. They had a scrimmage at DWS and it was Tyler's team Vs Dak's. Tyler had a lot of guys who got 2nd team reps. I remember guys like Ricco Sanders and Perkins. But I also remember a lighter, pre-surgery Nick Griffin in that game that SHOWED OUT! He and Dak stole the show and he actually out played Tyler's team.

So for that I encourage you guys who are in the area or can make it to GO! Guys like Aeris Williams, Geri Green, Fitz or Staley will be on SHOWCASE in that first scrimmage while guys like Dak will be coaching from the sideline. It was awesome in 2010 and I feel confident that these guys will make it worth your while and I also think it'll give our fanbase that can attend a much needed shot in the arm.

msstate7
12-01-2014, 08:28 PM
It'll be like every year Mullen has been here. I would encourage you guys to GO! I remember thoroughly watching the Gator Bowl practices in 2010 like it was yesterday. It's when I saw that Dak was eventually going to take the reigns from Tyler. They had a scrimmage at DWS and it was Tyler's team Vs Dak's. Tyler had a lot of guys who got 2nd team reps. I remember guys like Ricco Sanders and Perkins. But I also remember a lighter, pre-surgery Nick Griffin in that game that SHOWED OUT! He and Dak stole the show and he actually out played Tyler's team.

So for that I encourage you guys who are in the area or can make it to GO! Guys like Aeris Williams, Geri Green, Fitz or Staley will be on SHOWCASE in that first scrimmage while guys like Dak will be coaching from the sideline. It was awesome in 2010 and I feel confident that these guys will make it worth your while and I also think it'll give our fanbase that can attend a much needed shot in the arm.

So bowl practice will be open?

TheRef
12-01-2014, 08:30 PM
So bowl practice will be open?

Pretty much all of them are open. Be on the lookout for an announcement concerning those. It's usually about 2 weeks of open practice.

archdog
12-01-2014, 11:11 PM
I moved to Columbus 3 months ago, so I beleive I will try going to some of these. Sounds like fun.