PDA

View Full Version : Over/Under 1.5 mil/yr Auburn offers Muschamp

Miss. Stake
12-01-2014, 09:50 AM
I'm going slightly under but not by much. I expect Auburn to offer Muschamp a salary that will make him the highest paid D coordinator in the country (probably the highest paid assistant in college football). I can't see Muschamp going anywhere else. Auburn is going to be very dangerous with Malzahn/Muschamp combo.

CJDAWG85
12-01-2014, 09:54 AM
I'm going 1.5 exactly.

1bigdawg
12-01-2014, 09:55 AM
They are going after him, but i wonder if he waits for another head coaching job. He has a big buyout and can afford to wait. Also, I believe any salary he gets comes off of the buyout so salary may not be important.

coastdoglover
12-01-2014, 11:32 AM
They are going after him, but i wonder if he waits for another head coaching job. He has a big buyout and can afford to wait. Also, I believe any salary he gets comes off of the buyout so salary may not be important.

Don't discount Florida State. Will and Jimbo own a beach house together and have been friends for years. He can pretty much name his place but with the kind of money he will get in the buy out he can do just about anything he wants to do. Hell, Ellis Johnson is fixed for life because of USM and Auburn. I worry more about what will MSU do to not get outcoached again on both sides of the ball.

ScoobaDawg
12-01-2014, 11:34 AM
I read somewhere the buyout was guaranteed and not linked to a new job. Seemed odd, but we will be living really good if so. And yea. he can go anywhere and for any price. Ultimate free agent coach but no he wont be a HC.

Jack Lambert
12-01-2014, 02:30 PM
I would add another 1 million to what ever A&M offers but I don't think Auburn would win a bidding war with them.

jimbo352
12-01-2014, 02:43 PM
I doubt Muschamp wants to take on the risk of being the D coordinator for either A&M or Auburn... It's tough to be a DC for those schools, especially A&M.. Sumlin doesn't give two shits about managing the clock or playing field position. A big reason why A&M's D sucks, is because their D is on the damn field too long. Auburn isn't much better, but as much as Malzahn runs it, the game is shortened most of the time. That being said... He still runs that HUNH, and when it ain't working, it's too much for the D to handle. He will take a job that gives him a chance to rebuild his resume fast. I don't think he does that with either of those coaches.

Miss. Stake
12-01-2014, 02:51 PM
I doubt Muschamp wants to take on the risk of being the D coordinator for either A&M or Auburn... It's tough to be a DC for those schools, especially A&M.. Sumlin doesn't give two shits about managing the clock or playing field position. A big reason why A&M's D sucks, is because their D is on the damn field too long. Auburn isn't much better, but as much as Malzahn runs it, the game is shortened most of the time. That being said... He still runs that HUNH, and when it ain't working, it's too much for the D to handle. He will take a job that gives him a chance to rebuild his resume fast. I don't think he does that with either of those coaches.

Hmm pretty much disagree with everything here. Overall Sumlin is one of the better in-game clock managers in the league. His Defense has struggled and he knows it has struggled obviously which is why he fired his D coordinator. Sumlin is not an arrogant guy and I don't see him having a problem turning over all defensive duties to a proven D coordinator same for Malzhan. Muschamp will probably get another shot as HC one day, but he's going to be able to secure himself a nice contract for both job security and salary.

Jack Lambert
12-01-2014, 03:17 PM
Ellis Johnson is the one laughing. He is now getting two checks to do nothing.

Homedawg
12-01-2014, 04:19 PM
Ellis Johnson is the one laughing. He is now getting two checks to do nothing.

That's right. Heck he's retirement age. Problem he's got now is being able to keep up w his young kids and wife!

ShotgunDawg
12-01-2014, 04:37 PM
I'd look for Muschamp to consider going to South Carolina as the "Head Coach in Waiting".

Yesterday it was reported that he was looking for a "Head Coach in Waiting" position, and South Carolina is the only school that makes sense in that regard since Spurrier can't have but a few more years left.

Auburn and A&M should certainly have a chance. Don't be surprised if he chooses A&M due to local recruiting ground and because A&M will likely pay him more. No one has more money than them.

Finally, look out for Florida State. FSU is undefeated, but hasn't played great this year. We also know that Jimbo and Muschamp are very good friends and own a beach house together. Wouldn't surprise me if Jimbo wanted him.

Bo Pellini will likely end up at either Auburn or A&M, unless someone like him as a head coach

Dawgtini
12-01-2014, 05:06 PM
I think he may go to South Carolina. Spurrier needs help on the D, and he can go the HC-in-waiting route. If not immediately, the opportunity will be there.

**EDIT** Shotgun beat me to it...I didn't read the entire thread first.

TrapGame
12-01-2014, 06:22 PM
Just read a piece on SDS that says Manny Diaz is on AU's list of DC candidates.

jimbo352
12-01-2014, 07:05 PM
Hmm pretty much disagree with everything here. Overall Sumlin is one of the better in-game clock managers in the league. His Defense has struggled and he knows it has struggled obviously which is why he fired his D coordinator. Sumlin is not an arrogant guy and I don't see him having a problem turning over all defensive duties to a proven D coordinator same for Malzhan. Muschamp will probably get another shot as HC one day, but he's going to be able to secure himself a nice contract for both job security and salary.

What???

A&M ranked 124 out of 125 nationally in time of possession. He runs his defense into the ground man... It's the same problem Mike Leach's teams always had. Same problem Briles' teams have at times...

Auburn makes more sense being ranked in the middle at 53. That being said, they will throw a lot more with Johnson next year. They eat clock because Marshall throws for shit, sop they run more.

DLGDawg
12-01-2014, 07:23 PM
ETA: Think the guy was a troll after further reading.

Was reading the USCe 247 site. Some poster said Muschamp would be announced at 630. Have no clue if the guy has a clue or not.

I think he may go to South Carolina. Spurrier needs help on the D, and he can go the HC-in-waiting route. If not immediately, the opportunity will be there.

**EDIT** Shotgun beat me to it...I didn't read the entire thread first.