PDA

View Full Version : Would anyone here trade places with Ole Miss right now?

dickiedawg
12-01-2014, 09:19 AM
I sure wouldn't. I'll take our 10-win regular season and top-10 finish along with a likely NY6 bowl bid.
I know they're on top of the world right now and we feel like crap. But let's keep things in perspective.

jimbo352
12-01-2014, 09:24 AM
Honestly... Now that we're not in the final 4, I'd absolutely rather be 9-3 with an eggbowl win... Do you understand how miserable they'd be right now having lost another game to Mullen??? Also, they might still end up at 10 or 11. That would put them in a "BCS" bowl... If that happens, Absolutely give me the eggbowl.

Let me ask you this... Would you trade places with OM last year...? They were one game better than us with a better bowl game, but we beat them in a special/memorable Eggbowl.

That win was huge for them. It gave them momentum, and Freeze the upper hand. **** that, Ain't much difference between 9-3 and 10-2. Give me the Eggbowl.

defiantdog
12-01-2014, 09:25 AM
No..... No one gives a shit about OM outside of MS. People know about MSU across the nation since we've been #1. The loss hurts, but it's comparable to Georgia Tech beating UGA. It's a big loss but no one outside of the home state really care.

msstate7
12-01-2014, 09:27 AM
Honestly... Now that we're not in the final 4, I'd absolutely rather be 9-3 with an eggbowl win... Do you understand how miserable they'd be right now having lost another game to Mullen???

Let me ask you this... Would you trade places with OM last year...? They were one game better than us with a better bowl game, but we beat them in a special/memorable Eggbowl.

That win was huge for them. It gave them momentum, and Freeze the upper hand. **** that, Ain't much difference between 9-3 and 10-2. Give me the Eggbowl.

And take away what win? We needed an aTm, auburn, and lsu win this year for our program. Take away any of those and we were never #1 and never got the national exposure. I'm happy as I can be considering we lost the egg

jimbo352
12-01-2014, 09:30 AM
And take away what win? We needed an aTm, auburn, and lsu win this year for our program. Take away any of those and we were never #1 and never got the national exposure. I'm happy as I can be considering we lost the egg

They were #3 at one point, and got plenty of national exposure. Remember gameday and Bama?

We're talking about trading places today... They're 9-3 and will probably be ranked 13, we're 10-2 and ranked 10... I would switch 3 spots and take that eggbowl... The pressure it would put on Freeze and the misery of their fanbase would be great for our program.

Dawgface
12-01-2014, 09:34 AM
We both may end up 10-3, ranked ahead of us and with the Egg trophy. Ask again a month from now.

Smitty
12-01-2014, 09:45 AM
This is a dumb question.. Of course we wouldn't want to trade places with those assholes.. Doesn't change the absolute frustration we are left with. IDGAF about them.

chainedup_Dawg
12-01-2014, 09:48 AM
Nope...and I'll take it a bit further with something that apparently just pissed off a bear. Of our 2 losses, the Egg Bowl loss isn't even the one I want back.

BeardoMSU
12-01-2014, 09:52 AM
I sure wouldn't. I'll take our 10-win regular season and top-10 finish along with a likely NY6 bowl bid.
I know they're on top of the world right now and we feel like crap. But let's keep things in perspective.

Jesus Christ....

Until our concept of math and numbers is flipped upside down, 10-2 will always be preferable to 9-3.

This year we beat LSU in Tiger Stadium, we throttled A$M, and we got revenge on Auburn, and we were #1 in the nation for the first time in program history. I wouldn't trade that for OM's season. We had a bad ass year. Yes it sucks to lose the Egg, but all that told me is how hard it is to win on the road in the SEC. Period. We are destined for a New Years Six bowl; OM will go to the Gator at best, which now is equivalent to the Music City, Liberty, and all the other mediocre bowls. Also, next year, we return hands down the best QB and WR tandem in the SEC, and if Dak even sniffs the amount of progress he made from his sophomore year to this, we will be unstoppable on offense and he will win the Heisman.

BeardoMSU
12-01-2014, 09:55 AM
Jesus Christ....

Until our concept of math and numbers is flipped upside down, 10-2 will always be preferable to 9-3.

This year we beat LSU in Tiger Stadium, we throttled A$M, and we got revenge on Auburn, and we were #1 in the nation for the first time in program history. I wouldn't trade that for OM's season. We had a bad ass year. Yes it sucks to lose the Egg, but all that told me is how hard it is to win on the road in the SEC. Period. We are destined for a New Years Six bowl; OM will go to the Gator at best, which now is equivalent to the Music City, Liberty, and all the other mediocre bowls. Also, next year, we return hands down the best QB and WR tandem in the SEC, and if Dak even sniffs the amount of progress he made from his sophomore year to this, we will be unstoppable on offense and he will win the Heisman.

ETA: oh, and I forgot to mention that we went undefeated at home, which was fun as hell.

Mts68
12-01-2014, 10:00 AM
Honestly... Now that we're not in the final 4, I'd absolutely rather be 9-3 with an eggbowl win... Do you understand how miserable they'd be right now having lost another game to Mullen??? Also, they might still end up at 10 or 11. That would put them in a "BCS" bowl... If that happens, Absolutely give me the eggbowl.

You're the most obvious reb on this board. Was the grove/tree threat letter signed jimbo?

jimbo352
12-01-2014, 10:17 AM
You're the most obvious reb on this board. Was the grove/tree threat letter signed jimbo?

Go **** yourself. I've never once trolled this board. Post more than twice a year so we can figure out what you are.

Mts68
12-01-2014, 10:21 AM
Go **** yourself. I've never once trolled this board. Post more than twice a year so we can figure out what you are.

No need to post more, I use this for reading material. Just calling a spade a spade.

jimbo352
12-01-2014, 10:31 AM
No need to post more, I use this for reading material. Just calling a spade a spade.

Ah... So you don't like what you read, therefore I must be an OM fan... Intelligent.

It's probably a good thing you just use this as reading material...

FlabLoser
12-01-2014, 10:44 AM
We were #1 in the country for 5 weeks. Finished 10-2 and in the Top 10. No way I would trade with Ole Miss just for a Egg Bowl victory.

If we could finish 11-1 and make the playoffs every year and that one loss was the Egg Bowl, I'd take that every year. The Egg Bowl is not the be-all, end-all even though I absolutely love needling Ole Miss people when we win it.

BossDawg
12-01-2014, 10:47 AM
Not no but HELL NO..that would mean another year going down to Auburn and LSU. Although it's embarrassing as Hell to lose to UMiss, I'll take a win over those two instead of UMiss any day.

jimbo352
12-01-2014, 10:49 AM
We were #1 in the country for 5 weeks. Finished 10-2 and in the Top 10. No way I would trade with Ole Miss just for a Egg Bowl victory.

If we could finish 11-1 and make the playoffs every year and that one loss was the Egg Bowl, I'd take that every year. The Egg Bowl is not the be-all, end-all even though I absolutely love needling Ole Miss people when we win it.

Absolutely this... My point was that I couldn't care less about the bowl game now that we're out of the playoff... I'm sure I'll feel differently in a few weeks, but it still hurts right now.

BeardoMSU
12-01-2014, 10:51 AM
If we could finish 11-1 and make the playoffs every year and that one loss was the Egg Bowl, I'd take that every year.

Exactly. The Egg Bowl has been important for so long because that was really as good as it got for both MSU and OM; there was nothing else to play for. OM peeps can scoff at that statement all they want, but the bottom line is neither of us have been playing for championships, until this year. They were in the mix in October, then fell off; we were in the mix in late November - which is exactly where you want to be. It sucks that we couldn't win that game and get in the playoffs, but it is what it is. If we could win the west every year and still lose the egg bowl I wouldn't give a shit about that rivalry anymore. What's more important? Had we beaten Bama and had been 11-0 this past saturday, that loss wouldn't mean shit. Why? Because we'd still be playing in Atlanta, and winning or losing that game would be all that mattered.

chainedup_Dawg
12-01-2014, 11:37 AM

Also, on the bold part, I still wouldn't have traded with them. We finished above them in the conference standings. That, to me, is what is important. If the goal is to win the West and get to Atlanta, then conference standings has to be priority.

DawgHouseUnited
12-01-2014, 12:03 PM
Also, on the bold part, I still wouldn't have traded with them. We finished above them in the conference standings. That, to me, is what is important. If the goal is to win the West and get to Atlanta, then conference standings has to be priority.

This. Even with losing the Egg to them, we still finished the regular season ahead of them.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2014, 12:49 PM
One less overall win but with a win in the Egg Bowl? ABSOLUTELY. That is a no brainer. I live in East Mississippi. My life is MUCH better when we beat them. The rest of them other than Alabama don't matter so much day to day. If we get their Bama win then it's even less of a no brainer.

msstate7
12-01-2014, 12:57 PM
This. Even with losing the Egg to them, we still finished the regular season ahead of them.

How many straight years?

Statefan
12-01-2014, 01:25 PM
How could anyone say yes to this question?

We were #1 for several weeks, finished top 10, and are going to a NY6 bowl game...

DawgHouseUnited
12-01-2014, 02:11 PM
How many straight years?

I looked- ever since 2010- this makes 5 years running.

LC Dawg
12-01-2014, 02:49 PM
I wouldn't trade places with Ole Miss if we were 0-12 just because they are Ole Miss. However, I would trade any of our wins for a win in the Egg Bowl. I know that's not the popular thing to say, especially right after losing the Egg Bowl, but that's the way I feel. I wouldn't trade a win over them with being ahead of them in the standings but it still pisses me off to lose to them. I don't want to lose to them at anything. I'm glad we have a coach that emphasizes the importance of the Egg Bowl and makes statements about never losing them. I just wish he'd quit shitting the bed when we actually play the game. I'm sure someone will tell me that is the wrong way to think but I don't think anyone will ever change me from thinking like this. May as well go ahead and write it in my obituary.

Tbaen
12-01-2014, 03:56 PM
Y'all are all overlooking the fact that they lost to their real rival this year so they are just as miserable about that as we are. Thus, I'll stick with our season.

UMCDawg16
12-01-2014, 04:01 PM
Jesus Christ....

THIIIIIIS. HOLY CRAP. BEST POST ALL YEAR. PIN THIS POST.

Coach34
12-01-2014, 04:52 PM
They won the battle- we won the war. 10-2 and 2nd in the West > 9-3 and 3rd in the West even though we lost.

363 more days mf'ers. 363 more days

Todd4State
12-01-2014, 05:09 PM
To a degree, this is like 1997 to me. When we lost that game, it sucked but I knew it would probably be good for us in the long run. I think that's what is going to happen this time as well.

Bottom line is if that loss and the loss to Alabama don't motivate our team and our staff like never before, we need to look at making some serious changes.

Dawgcentral
12-01-2014, 06:38 PM
The way I see it, to trade places with them would make me one of them. No thanks.