PDA

View Full Version : Walking Dead midseason finale

State82
11-30-2014, 10:06 PM
Wow. I was just about ready to take a liking to Beth and then boom, down she goes. Kinda hate it now.

DudyDawg
12-01-2014, 01:33 AM
That was crazy. I can't believe they offed Beth. What the hell was she thinking stabbing the cop!!

chainedup_Dawg
12-01-2014, 09:57 AM
as soon as that crazy heifer put those scissors in her cast I said to my son, she gone.

Tbonewannabe
12-01-2014, 12:41 PM
I didn't really understand why she did it. They could have regrouped to get Noah out. When Beth said "I get it now" what did she mean? Was it that Dawn had to show she was tougher or she would get whacked?

Jack Lambert
12-01-2014, 02:26 PM
Wow. I was just about ready to take a liking to Beth and then boom, down she goes. Kinda hate it now.

So many others they could have taken out. I wish it was karl. I am ready for that little bastard to die.

Jack Lambert
12-01-2014, 02:28 PM
I didn't really understand why she did it. They could have regrouped to get Noah out. When Beth said "I get it now" what did she mean? Was it that Dawn had to show she was tougher or she would get whacked?

Watching the talking dead last night the writer kind of looked and spoke like it might have been a mistake. They can always fix it I doubt it. After all its a TV show.

Political Hack
12-01-2014, 03:12 PM
when's the last time a walker has killed one of their group? It's all people killing their people now.

Bob got bit, but he was kidnapped too... that's the only one I think that's died recently because of a bite.

Jack Lambert
12-01-2014, 03:25 PM
when's the last time a walker has killed one of their group? It's all people killing their people now.

Bob got bit, but he was kidnapped too... that's the only one I think that's died recently because of a bite.

Seems like other living humans are more dangerous than the walking dead.

Brings up a thought, the walkers are dead right? So sooner or later their brains will decompose and they should just fall over right? How long does it take a dead human body to decompose? I don't read the commic book so I don't know how they explain that.

You would also think the buzzars would be eating the shit out of them.

Political Hack
12-01-2014, 04:20 PM
I still don't know why they haven't moved to an island or built a treehouse.

TheRef
12-01-2014, 09:42 PM

Dawn was talking about changing the atmosphere there and how they didn't have to like you, but they had to respect you or else they would turn on you. Also, Dawn talked about how they always come back eventually. When Beth said "I get it now," she understood that while Dawn wants stuff to change, she never will change things. That's why Beth stabbed her, she basically gave that society a fresh start if they wanted it. She sacrificed herself in order for that society to possibly change.

Johnson85
12-02-2014, 08:37 AM
Dawn was talking about changing the atmosphere there and how they didn't have to like you, but they had to respect you or else they would turn on you. Also, Dawn talked about how they always come back eventually. When Beth said "I get it now," she understood that while Dawn wants stuff to change, she never will change things. That's why Beth stabbed her, she basically gave that society a fresh start if they wanted it. She sacrificed herself in order for that society to possibly change.

I think this is it along with the fact that at the elevator scene, she was talking about how this is as good as it gets, so it sounds like she didn't think there was that much to live for anyway.

TheRef
12-02-2014, 10:49 AM
I think this is it along with the fact that at the elevator scene, she was talking about how this is as good as it gets, so it sounds like she didn't think there was that much to live for anyway.

I agree...it's sad to see Beth go and it will be interesting to see how Maggie takes to being the last Greene on the show.

Tbonewannabe
12-02-2014, 01:02 PM

That was kind of what I was thinking. Dawn wished the situation was better but also was scared for anything to change because she had control of that situation. Do you think Beth was kind of committing suicide? She had to know what Dawn's reaction would be when she stabbed her. She also would have to know those scissors were not enough to kill her. I think she was accepting of dying (she did try to commit suicide at the farm) but when Dawn said that about Noah, it was like a switch flipped. I think Beth knew she would die but Noah could go free.

Political Hack
12-02-2014, 06:57 PM
I think she went back to being the stupid little girl who half ass wanted to die. she put everyone else's lives in danger with her actions. she didn't think about what was better for that society. she didn't think at all. she acted with emotions.

starkvegasdawg
12-03-2014, 12:52 PM
My thought watching that show was they people at the hospital had no clue they were out there and wanting Beth and Carol back. They had Noah giving them intel on numbers and who was most likely go resist them. Why not set up ambushes around the hospital and when the cops went on patrol either capture them or but a round in their head. It shouldn't have taken long to eliminate most of the armed threat from the hospital. Then it's just a matter of walking in and getting them out. They could have also helped themselves to all the medicine that was still there.

War Machine Dawg
12-03-2014, 01:20 PM
Damn, can't believe Beth is gone. Didn't see it coming, but I guess I should have. It will be interesting to see how the group evolves moving forward. Losing Beth and knowing there is no cure is going to make for a brutal stretch.

As for the Walkers not having killed any of the group in a while, that's kinda the point of the show. The tagline is "Fight the Dead. Fear the Living." for crying out loud. The show is more about how the humans descend into darkness than fighting zombies or curing the zombie virus. It shouldn't be any surprise that more and more conflict will revolve around contact with various groups of survivors instead of from the Walkers. The Walkers are really only dangerous in large groups or if they catch you by surprise, anyway.

Dawg61
12-03-2014, 02:07 PM
Watch last week's episode of Talking Dead. Beth is on it and she is overcome with emotion during the interview. She was a nobody actress before the show and now it's had a major impact on her career and life and it's really sad to see her have to leave. Darryl cried the entire day they filmed her last episode. Maggie also starts crying in her interview. Amazing to see the effect Beth had on the cast.

TheRef
12-04-2014, 12:04 AM
Watch last week's episode of Talking Dead. Beth is on it and she is overcome with emotion during the interview. She was a nobody actress before the show and now it's had a major impact on her career and life and it's really sad to see her have to leave. Darryl cried the entire day they filmed her last episode. Maggie also starts crying in her interview. Amazing to see the effect Beth had on the cast.

The actress (Emily Kinney) is actually a national recording artist now, and has been on tour pretty much all season.

Her latest album can be found here: http://emilykinneymusic.com/

FlabLoser
12-09-2014, 01:18 PM

That's a great dynamic of the story. Zombies rise and freak everybody out. The living "evolve" from being survivalists to killing each other for the greater good. So who are the bad guys - the zombies or the sane people?