PDA

View Full Version : Rumor from another board is 2 Defensive coaching changes are imminent

Bucky Dog
11-30-2014, 07:01 PM
Anyone else heard this or have anything further?

BeastMan
11-30-2014, 07:06 PM
I don't know anythg besides the fact that our safety play has been horrendous since Charles Mitchell graduated.

Saltydog
11-30-2014, 07:09 PM
nt

Saltydog
11-30-2014, 07:15 PM
nt

Bucky Dog
11-30-2014, 07:15 PM
Yeah I don't want to speculate either but said it has been known for a week or so that changes were coming. If that is true I just don't understand that. We are 10-1 and playing our rival with huge implications. Save that for after the season IMO.

Noxdog
11-30-2014, 07:22 PM
Also reported that Market has a torn Achilles. Yeah I don't want to speculate either but said it has been known for a week or so that changes were coming. If that is true I just don't understand that. We are 10-1 and playing our rival with huge implications. Save that for after the season IMO.\

On the first one, it better not be TH or GC. For that matter, I'm not sure any heads need to roll on the defensive side of the ball.

Edited. I get it now bucky. Really have a hard time believing what you heard. Does not add up.

PendingTransaction
11-30-2014, 07:35 PM
DT is gonna resign.

CadaverDawg
11-30-2014, 07:37 PM
DT is gonna resign.

Why?

DownwardDawg
11-30-2014, 07:43 PM
Why?

Maybe because our secondary blows.

Bucky Dog
11-30-2014, 07:46 PM
I think we can assume why.

msstate7
11-30-2014, 07:46 PM
Hopefully we coach the secondary as a whole and not separate units

Big4Dawg
11-30-2014, 07:52 PM
That would really hurt recruiting if it's Hughes or Townsend. Both are good recruiters and have a lot of ties to our commits.

bulldawg28
11-30-2014, 07:58 PM
Maybe because our secondary blows.
He coaches corners not the entire secondary. If he does resign he'll be picked up by someone quickly.

IMissJack
11-30-2014, 07:59 PM
DT is gonna resign.

Don't we have 2 D.T.'s in defensive coaching staff?

Mjoelner34
11-30-2014, 08:00 PM
Why?

There was talk going around last year that he was wanting to resign and go back to the NFL. Just wasn't happy at the NCAA level.

Big4Dawg
11-30-2014, 08:12 PM
Here are the guys who Hughes is recruiting:
Peters
Jones
McLaurin
Myers
Spivey
Green

Collins - pretty much every recruit from Alabama.

engie
11-30-2014, 08:53 PM
That would really hurt recruiting if it's Hughes or Townsend. Both are good recruiters and have a lot of ties to our commits.

Hughes, yes. Townsend, not so much. Townsend is secondary recruiter on Smitherman and Stamps. He's not primary on a single class of 2015 commit. The idea of Townsend as a recruiter has thusfar greatly surpassed the reality...

Hughes and Knox are our elite recruiters. Followed pretty closely by Collins

PendingTransaction
11-30-2014, 09:00 PM
Why? "...got championships and money too. Not gonna be treated like I don't know football and I'm begging for a job."

CadaverDawg
11-30-2014, 09:10 PM
Why? "...got championships and money too. Not gonna be treated like I don't know football and I'm begging for a job."

Thanks.

Todd4State
11-30-2014, 09:10 PM
Don't we have 2 D.T.'s in defensive coaching staff?

David Turner and Deshea Townsend.

Obviously, we're talking about Deshea here.

DownwardDawg
11-30-2014, 09:11 PM

When was that?

Big4Dawg
11-30-2014, 09:12 PM
Our corners have played fine. Our S have given up big play after big play

Todd4State
11-30-2014, 09:12 PM
Hughes, yes. Townsend, not so much. Townsend is secondary recruiter on Smitherman and Stamps. He's not primary on a single class of 2015 commit. The idea of Townsend as a recruiter has thusfar greatly surpassed the reality...

Hughes and Knox are our elite recruiters. Followed pretty closely by Collins

Deshea might help us out in South Panola- but the reality is if we get a player from there it's usually because they are a MSU fan and would come if Charley Shira offered.

msstate7
11-30-2014, 09:13 PM

Where did you get this quote?

Todd4State
11-30-2014, 09:18 PM
I'm going to be pissed off if we fire defensive coaches for the Egg Bowl and leave the offensive staff alone- particularly Hevesey if we're going to fire people based on Egg Bowl performance. Sallach should be a close second for losing Jarvis Wilson.

But hey, Dan whatever makes you feel better.

I can't see us getting rid of Hughes to be honest. It's not his fault that Cox got into a domestic dispute and that Market blew out his Achilles Tendon. If we're going to hire two coaches, let's make Hughes the DB coach and essentially use Deshea's spot for a real special teams coach. Whomever the other coach is, I imagine he probably coaches something critical that we can't combine or leave vacant.

Coach 57
11-30-2014, 09:39 PM
Townsend has actually been very good with the CBs. Corner play has actually gotten better since he's been here. But the S play is what cost us on defense in that game.

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 09:44 PM
If anybody needs to be fired its hevesy, people have bitched about him for years. it has about a 0000000000000.1 percent chance of happening though. i would be surprised if anybody left on defense, they do need their asses chewed after yesterday though. mullen included

AlSwearengen
11-30-2014, 09:48 PM
I shutter at the thought of what our recruiting would be like without Hughes. I have felt like safety was our least talented position and that was a lot of our problem back there. But, I don't know a lot about football, so.

I seen it dawg
11-30-2014, 09:49 PM
Coaching moves happen. Let's let it play out. Normal for this time of year.

basedog
11-30-2014, 10:55 PM
I could see Hughes moved to recruiting coordinator, with his son moving on maybe! Also word is Mullen wants Coach O in some capacity, can't see this happening unless he is the DC, maybe demote Collins to LB'er coach. Townsend isn't the problem nor is David Turner. Time will tell if this staff but lots of rumors on the defensive side!

Bucky Dog
11-30-2014, 11:02 PM
Whatever is going on needs to happen now. We don't need it hanging over our head or the speculation.

Smitty
11-30-2014, 11:04 PM
Id take O as one of our famous CO-Coordinators. And let him call the schemes and shit. Collins still gets his $$$ but can't cost us another Natty with ineptness.

preachermatt83
11-30-2014, 11:07 PM
Deshea is gone and needs to be. Our cb's have gotten progressively worse since he has been here. period.

preachermatt83
11-30-2014, 11:11 PM
I could see Hughes moved to recruiting coordinator, with his son moving on maybe! Also word is Mullen wants Coach O in some capacity, can't see this happening unless he is the DC, maybe demote Collins to LB'er coach. Townsend isn't the problem nor is David Turner. Time will tell if this staff but lots of rumors on the defensive side!

I know for a FACT that coach o has spent a great deal of time on campus this year. I know also for a fact that during game week a few weeks back he was seen coming out of the seal building.

JohnGalt
11-30-2014, 11:15 PM
DT is the problem? Dude...

GTHOM
11-30-2014, 11:59 PM
If we get coach o i will be ecstatic after seeing the fire he got those USC players to play with. Hes a proven recruiter too. That would be a great move. Yaw yaw yaw yaw

ScottH
12-01-2014, 12:14 AM
Hes a proven recruiter too.

That wins understatement of the day.

(No offense meant GTHOM.)

GTHOM
12-01-2014, 12:16 AM
That wins understatement of the day.

(No offense meant GTHOM.)

none taken my friend i really hope mullen gets him

Todd4State
12-01-2014, 12:19 AM
I know for a FACT that coach o has spent a great deal of time on campus this year. I know also for a fact that during game week a few weeks back he was seen coming out of the seal building.

Yeah, but I think that was for a coaching clinic. It's not like he's hanging out at Rick's scarfing down Red Bull every weekend.

Todd4State
12-01-2014, 12:25 AM

If Coach O wants to be a DC, he needs to remember that he is unemployed right now. Beggars can't be choosers.

I do want to keep Hughes. If we lose Hughes, we need to go after David Saunders.

GTHOM
12-01-2014, 12:32 AM
If Coach O wants to be a DC, he needs to remember that he is unemployed right now. Beggars can't be choosers.

I do want to keep Hughes. If we lose Hughes, we need to go after David Saunders.

The guy that coached at millsaps? Not insulting just wondering

Dawg61
12-01-2014, 12:33 AM
Can't survive giving up 500+ yards every game. The secondary has been atrocious this year. People need to go and fresh new ones need to come in. Somebody needs to teach Mullen clock management skills too. He himself needs to get much better this offseason. He lost to Saban and Freeze. He was brutal in both games with the clock. Inexcusably bad. That can't ever happen again. Move the damn ball and stop taking up the whole clock to do it.

Todd4State
12-01-2014, 12:39 AM
The guy that coached at millsaps? Not insulting just wondering

Yes. He was with Hud but just left for "personal reasons". But he has coached DB's and he knows the state of Mississippi very well. He has coached with Orgeron as well. Very good recruiter.

GTHOM
12-01-2014, 12:40 AM
Yes. He was with Hud but just left for "personal reasons". But he has coached DB's and he knows the state of Mississippi very well. He has coached with Orgeron as well. Very good recruiter.

That would make a lot of sense. The ogre would be amazing. for real.

Todd4State
12-01-2014, 12:43 AM
That would make a lot of sense. The ogre would be amazing. for real.

I think he would add a lot more energy/juice whatever you want to call it compared to Turner. And he's obviously a very good recruiter with big time ties to NOLA, where I think we should recruit a lot more. Not to mention California and Texas. Maybe that's what Dan is going for.

Dawg61
12-01-2014, 12:55 AM
I think he would add a lot more energy/juice whatever you want to call it compared to Turner. And he's obviously a very good recruiter with big time ties to NOLA, where I think we should recruit a lot more. Not to mention California and Texas. Maybe that's what Dan is going for.

I've met Coach O and his family a couple of times. They're very nice people. He is a total meat head though.

GTHOM
12-01-2014, 12:56 AM

Hold up David Turner is leaving? Thought it was deshea townsend? I want to keep both but if i had to pick id keep Turner. Townsend is young and someone will get him in a heartbeat. The ogre would be perfect at this time though.

preachermatt83
12-01-2014, 12:59 AM
I would trade Collins for coach O right now

GTHOM
12-01-2014, 01:01 AM

I would too honestly.... I would hope they make Collins LB coach since he already is anyway and let Ogre be DC... If it is David Turner that is leaving i think the Ogre has been a DL coach before. I dont think collins would go for just LB coach though, somebody else would offer him the DC job i bet. If that happens we can find an LB coach. Like Todd said David Saunders could coach it, or who ever we could get that is worth getting.

Todd4State
12-01-2014, 01:51 AM
Hold up David Turner is leaving? Thought it was deshea townsend? I want to keep both but if i had to pick id keep Turner. Townsend is young and someone will get him in a heartbeat. The ogre would be perfect at this time though.

These are rumors and the first I've heard about them. The OP said two coaching changes on the defensive side are imminent. It could be that if the rumors are true that it's Deshea and Turner that are leaving. It sounds like Deshea wants to go to the NFL and Dan wants Coach O. Coach O has coached D-line and LB's as far as I know. That means that the only options are Turner and Geoff. Collins has one more year on his contract, so more than likely it's Turner that has his head on the chopping block. Again, this is just rumor and speculation.

Dawg61
12-01-2014, 01:55 AM
These are rumors and the first I've heard about them. The OP said two coaching changes on the defensive side are imminent. It could be that if the rumors are true that it's Deshea and Turner that are leaving. It sounds like Deshea wants to go to the NFL and Dan wants Coach O. Coach O has coached D-line and LB's as far as I know. That means that the only options are Turner and Geoff. Collins has one more year on his contract, so more than likely it's Turner that has his head on the chopping block. Again, this is just rumor and speculation.

Who takes over DBs? Fred Smoot?

Todd4State
12-01-2014, 01:56 AM
Maybe it will look something like this:

Dan- HC/OC/Special teams
Brian Johnson- QB
Knox- RB
Gonzalez- WR
Sallach- TE
Hevesey- O-line
Coach O- Co-DC/DL
Geoff- Co-DC/LB
Hughes- Recruiting/maybe something like OLB or S
Saunders- DB's.

The biggest thing I'd like to see is us move Sallach and hire James Shibest as the TE/ST coach. That would be a HUGE upgrade in terms of coaching and recruiting. If that hire is made, the only weak recruiter would be Hevesey. We can just give him the Golden Triangle as his recruiting area- he's not bad enough to run off kids from Starkville or West Point. Let the pros handle everything else.

Todd4State
12-01-2014, 01:58 AM

That would be awesome, but I doubt he does it. We would own JPS in recruiting.

I'm thinking it would be Saunders or someone like that.

NCDawg
12-01-2014, 02:01 AM
Coach O would be fantastic. I'll bet we would see a vast improvement in recruiting. Also wouldn't mind getting Manny Diaz back if possible. We don't need any more lackluster performances on defense like we saw in the Ole Miss game.

Todd4State
12-01-2014, 02:04 AM
Coach O would be fantastic. I'll bet we would see a vast improvement in recruiting. Also wouldn't mind getting Manny Diaz back if possible. We don't need any more lackluster performances on defense like we saw in the Ole Miss game.

Considering that he is at La Tech, he would probably be happy to come back. I'm not sure how he and Dan would get along.

Dawg61
12-01-2014, 02:08 AM
That would be awesome, but I doubt he does it. We would own JPS in recruiting.

I'm thinking it would be Saunders or someone like that.

Pretty sure Smoot would kill for it. What about Tebow? Does he really want to be a SECN guy his whole life. I think Dan could get Tebow if he really went after him hard. Gotta admit it'd be pretty sweet to have Tebow on the sidelines. Let Tebow be the OC. Not joking.

bulldawg28
12-01-2014, 07:48 AM
[racist post deleted by moderator]

Dawgface
12-01-2014, 07:53 AM
I would take my chances on that if we could get O.

RogueBooster4you
12-01-2014, 07:59 AM
Anyone else heard this or have anything further?

Unbelievable, we aren't even finished with a historic season and we're talking about firing coaches? You've got to be kidding me. Nobody is happy about the last game, but come on, we the bears have been tough at home this year. If you aren't happy with the overall body of work of this staff, you'll never be happy. Seasons like this in the state of Mississippi do not happen often. These attitudes can't help with recruiting either.

RougeDawg
12-01-2014, 08:21 AM
Unbelievable, we aren't even finished with a historic season and we're talking about firing coaches? You've got to be kidding me. Nobody is happy about the last game, but come on, we the bears have been tough at home this year. If you aren't happy with the overall body of work of this staff, you'll never be happy. Seasons like this in the state of Mississippi do not happen often. These attitudes can't help with recruiting either.

Did someone leave the trash out? We have a bear amongst us.

thf24
12-01-2014, 08:33 AM

Not after Sunday before last.

defiantdog
12-01-2014, 09:01 AM
I love rumors..... The speculations give me a good laugh

Really Clark?
12-01-2014, 09:56 AM
Reading all the speculation and for the second year people are pushing for the "home run" Eddie O hire and several a making a case for DC. What has that man done in 30 years of coaching to lead anyone to believe he is a defensive coordinator? Amazing recruiter, yes he is (albeit also shady at times) and mainly a DL coach. But it would be an enormous mistake to bring him in as the DC. Bring him in to recruit, that's fine and what he is good at but I don't think he has ever schemed or game planned at any level. But I do remember his game calls as a head coach at Ole Miss. I want no part of those type of abortions. USC he did great and was also an outlier with a talented team. He also had coordinators handle those duties as well. He should have a place to do what he is great at and would be a tremendous asset in that sense. But it's not as a defensive coordinator.

HancockCountyDog
12-01-2014, 10:44 AM

Y'all are nuts.

defiantdog
12-01-2014, 10:46 AM
So, we had our best year ever and we want to can a few coaches? Brilliant

QuadrupleOption
12-01-2014, 10:50 AM
So, we had our best year ever and we want to can a few coaches? Brilliant

No doubt. Some of y'all need to step back from the ledge.

I HATE losing to TSUN as much as anyone, but I will never be unhappy going 10-2 in Starkville.

If we'd lost to LSU instead of TSUN you guys would all be talking about building statues.

Calm down - we're fine.

Tough Dawg
12-01-2014, 10:57 AM
IDIOTS in this thread. I personally hope we do not lose a single coach. 10-2 people.....10-2. Are their areas we can improve? Sure. There are every year for every team in the country.

10-2.....................

ScoobaDawg
12-01-2014, 11:30 AM

See ya.

Thick
12-01-2014, 11:54 AM
I don't think firing coaches is a solution to the areas of concern. I think there needs to be a change in philosophy/scheme to be more dynamic and efficient on both sides of the ball.

Dawg61
12-01-2014, 12:58 PM
Our secondary was horrible this year. A change has to be made there. Our field position game (special teams) was horrible this year. A change has to be made there. Our clock management skills were horrible this year. A change has to be made there. 3 areas that need improvement.

HancockCountyDog
12-01-2014, 01:28 PM
Our clock management skills were horrible this year. A change has to be made there.

Ummm, you do know who manages the clock? I don't think anyone wants a change there.

Dawg61
12-01-2014, 01:32 PM
Ummm, you do know who manages the clock? I don't think anyone wants a change there.

Change doesn't necessarily mean letting someone go. Our clock management was the worst I've ever seen. Got to be fixed.

GTHOM
12-01-2014, 01:32 PM
Im not calling for anyones head yet, but Orgeron would be a great hire to coach DL if it is Turner that is leaving. Also if we are gonna keep Collins, we have to change our philosophy. It it beyond my possibility of understanding why we are called the psycho defense if we play a bend but dont break scheme. Its stupid. Has to change. And i dont just mean the name, i mean the whole damn scheme. Mullen ran Wilson off, wouldnt shock me to see him do the same to Collins. I dont think he will though

HancockCountyDog
12-01-2014, 01:39 PM
Im not calling for anyones head yet, but Orgeron would be a great hire to coach DL if it is Turner that is leaving. Also if we are gonna keep Collins, we have to change our philosophy. It it beyond my possibility of understanding why we are called the psycho defense if we play a bend but dont break scheme. Its stupid. Has to change. And i dont just mean the name, i mean the whole damn scheme. Mullen ran Wilson off, wouldnt shock me to see him do the same to Collins. I dont think he will though

I know we are all just having fun with this Coach 0 shit, but he isn't coming back to coaching unless it is a DC job at a power 5 school - most likely a top 25 school - or a Head Coach at a solid mid tier school.

He turned down a ton of money at USC to coach Defense for Sark, I don't see him coaching the DL for us at 400K.

sandwolf
12-01-2014, 01:43 PM
See ya.

Just FYI, I think this guy is a State fan.....or at least there is a poster on Gene's page with the same U/N. I am thinking that he meant to say, "we know the bears have been tough at home this year." Or just, "the bears have been tough at home this year."

GTHOM
12-01-2014, 01:45 PM
[QUOTE=HancockCountyDog;299901]I know we are all just having fun with this Coach 0 shit, but he isn't coming back to coaching unless it is a DC job at a power 5 school - most likely a top 25 school - or a Head Coach at a solid mid tier school.

He turned down a ton of money at USC to coach Defense for Sark, I don't see him coaching the DL for us at 400K.[/QI

It does make sense to hire him, hes been on campus this year, itd be a shot back in the SEC. I do think your right though. I just hope we do make the move if we can

thf24
12-01-2014, 01:57 PM
Our secondary was horrible this year. A change has to be made there. Our field position game (special teams) was horrible this year. A change has to be made there. Our clock management skills were horrible this year. A change has to be made there. 3 areas that need improvement.

Our secondary wasn't horrible. Our safeties were horrible, and it's more a talent problem than a coaching problem. Market and Hughes are solid and have SEC heads but lack SEC athleticism, and we probably won't get Market back at full capacity and Hughes back at all anyway. Coman and Evans are still young and may improve, but they just don't look like SEC talents. What we need to be hoping for is that Bryant and Peters are ready to play next year, and the most crucial coaching move is making the decision to play them over senior but inferior players. Unfortunately recent history says we shouldn't get our hopes up.

HancockCountyDog
12-01-2014, 02:10 PM
Our secondary wasn't horrible. Our safeties were horrible, and it's more a talent problem than a coaching problem. Market and Hughes are solid and have SEC heads but lack SEC athleticism, and we probably won't get Market back at full capacity and Hughes back at all anyway. Coman and Evans are still young and may improve, but they just don't look like SEC talents. What we need to be hoping for is that Bryant and Peters are ready to play next year, and the most crucial coaching move is making the decision to play them over senior but inferior players. Unfortunately recent history says we shouldn't get our hopes up.

THIS x100000

We had one clear talent issue on this defense, and it was at safety. We really need Peters and Bryant in the secondary. Though I keep hearing that Peters will eventually grow into a LB. Think a bigger Matthew Wells with the same type speed.

msstate7
12-01-2014, 02:12 PM
Bear Wilson and Chris jones played a ton as freshmen. I think Peters and Bryant will fit that mold. After the egg, I'm sure mullen is ready to turn em loose

GTHOM
12-01-2014, 02:14 PM
I have no confidence Mullen will adjust anything after that performance

Jack Lambert
12-01-2014, 02:16 PM
That doesn't mean anyone is going to get fired. We are 10-2 dang 10-2 team firing coaches. We are big time now.

TrapGame
12-01-2014, 02:18 PM
That doesn't mean anyone is going to get fired. We are 10-2 dang 10-2 team firing coaches. We are big time now.

We must think we're Nebraska.**

Percho
12-01-2014, 02:22 PM
I think Coach Dan Mullen will do what he believes is necessary to win a SEC championship at Mississippi State University.

CadaverDawg
12-01-2014, 02:30 PM

This

SallyStansbury
12-01-2014, 02:53 PM
I think Coach Dan Mullen will do what he believes is necessary to win a SEC championship at Mississippi State University.

We have to hope that you are correct and not the prior poster GTHOM.
Evidence from past performance suggests GTHOM is correct. See Russell and prep for 2013 season as evidence against your hypothesis.

I think this is an interesting question.
Can Mullen get out of his own way?

Which is greater?
1. Mullen's desire to win
-hire good/best coordinators and get out of their way to let them do work; does he tell Collins what to do?
-recruit like we need to recruit; finish strong this season.
-be aggressive and go for it.
-modify approach if it isn't working (admit fault).

2. Mullen's desire to micromanage/control and "be right"?
-allow Hevesy continue to be a shitty recruiter
-no changes on special teams coaching assignments
-talk excessively about coaches and execution/others (25% blame) while ignoring strategy/self (75% blame)
-surround self with "yes men" coaches
-make no changes, even after AL and then OM showed people how to kick our ass.

I think Mullen wants to win. I really hope that desire is greater than those personality issues that outwardly appear to drive his decisions.

AlSwearengen
12-01-2014, 03:29 PM

Exactly. As much as I love him, Market is small for a safety and not really very fast. He is a gamer with a good head on his shoulders and he could make up for his lack of physicality to a certain degree. Hughes is the same. Cox was the most talented back there and when we lost him and Market went down, we were screwed.

GTHOM
12-01-2014, 03:34 PM
Evidence from past performance suggests GTHOM is correct. See Russell and prep for 2013 season as evidence against your hypothesis.

Which is greater?
-hire good/best coordinators and get out of their way to let them do work; does he tell Collins what to do?

-talk excessively about coaches and execution/others (25% blame) while ignoring strategy/self (75% blame)

I think Mullen wants to win. I really hope that desire is greater than those personality issues that outwardly appear to drive his decisions.

million dollar question.

OldFatDog
12-01-2014, 03:56 PM
If anybody needs to be fired its hevesy, people have bitched about him for years. it has about a 0000000000000.1 percent chance of happening though. i would be surprised if anybody left on defense, they do need their asses chewed after yesterday though. mullen included

Did you mean 0.1% or 0.000000000001%? Yeah, I'm being a math smartass. Sorry.

codeDawg
12-01-2014, 05:09 PM

Which is greater?

We have a guy who is in his sixth year as a head coach take a historically insignificant and incompetent program and turned it into a contender for a national title. I think Mullen has some issues, and he's proven every year that he can learn and change. Some things he's a little stubborn about, but that is human nature.

We owe Mullen not just for X's and O's, recruiting and personnel decisions. He has literally transformed the personality of the entire program into something to be proud of. Our program from the administration to the facilities to the fans were the worst in the SEC when he took it over. There is a lot more to what has been accomplished than the few nitpicks on the list above.

He may still be learning how to be a great head coach, but he's a damn fine one right now. I trust we will take another step forward next year as well.

EAVdog
12-01-2014, 05:37 PM

Which is greater?

The myth that Hevesy is a bad recruiter is very overblown. Hevesy recruited Dak and a number of other notable players.

defiantdog
12-01-2014, 05:41 PM
The myth that Hevesy is a bad recruiter is very overblown. Hevesy recruited Dak and a number of other notable players.

Chris Jones is another guy Hevesy got. A lot of people only want a change because we lost the egg bowl. I'm happy with our staff and I hope they all come back next year. We went 10-2 with the possibility of going 11-2! All of you who aren't excited about that can suck on one. The majority of you botchin are the ones that said we would go 7-5 at the beginning of the season.

Bucky Dog
12-01-2014, 07:27 PM
I don't think anyone is not happy with our season, I am thrilled!! Like most I feel the games we lost were on our defense and in spite of them for many games we were able to outscore our opponents. Yes Mullen needs to work on some things with play calling at items and with clock management, and I trust he will. I believe if we had some different personnel or coaching philosophize in certain games we had that chance to be 11-1 or 12-0. I love the fact that our fans are now expecting and wanting us to win it all, and yes it is because Coach Mullen has instilled that in us now.
I trust he will make changes, reassign coaches, put people in the right position and so forth to be successful in the future. This isn't a time to blast people and make excuses, it is a time to evaluate where we are and make changes and get fully behind our program. Let's go win a bowl game and go 11-1. The most wins EVER! And forget about the EB!!

Dawg61
12-01-2014, 09:15 PM
We have a guy who is in his sixth year as a head coach take a historically insignificant and incompetent program and turned it into a contender for a national title. I think Mullen has some issues, and he's proven every year that he can learn and change. Some things he's a little stubborn about, but that is human nature.

We owe Mullen not just for X's and O's, recruiting and personnel decisions. He has literally transformed the personality of the entire program into something to be proud of. Our program from the administration to the facilities to the fans were the worst in the SEC when he took it over. There is a lot more to what has been accomplished than the few nitpicks on the list above.

He may still be learning how to be a great head coach, but he's a damn fine one right now. I trust we will take another step forward next year as well.

Excellent post but that's exactly why Mullen's game plan, game management and clock management where so disappointing Saturday. He took all that advantage he built up and threw it out the window when he played his team like the under talented underdog. What was the single biggest advantage we had over Ole Miss going into our game? DEPTH. We have superior depth in our team. We should of been playing with our hair on fire. Running our offense as fast as possible to get into their backups. We had to tire out Ole Miss. We had to blitz their hurt QB endlessly and ensure we hit him on every pass. Get into his head. He fumbled last year to lose the game. He knows he's our bitch and we should of been reminding him on every play. Instead we played bend don't break. Our defense should of been "Break Wallace". And I don't mean injury. I mean break his confidence. Break his will. Get into his head like LSU did to him. We accomplished zero of this. We played deliberate slow football which totally leveled the playing field and we had zero gameplan to harass Wallace endlessly. Our game plan was rookie level no confidence BULLSHIT!! We have the ability to run our offense as fast as anyone. We can go as fast as Oregon, Baylor and Auburn. We don't though because our Head Coach keeps playing ultra conservative football.

GTHOM
12-01-2014, 10:24 PM
Excellent post but that's exactly why Mullen's game plan, game management and clock management where so disappointing Saturday. He took all that advantage he built up and threw it out the window when he played his team like the under talented underdog. What was the single biggest advantage we had over Ole Miss going into our game? DEPTH. We have superior depth in our team. We should of been playing with our hair on fire. Running our offense as fast as possible to get into their backups. We had to tire out Ole Miss. We had to blitz their hurt QB endlessly and ensure we hit him on every pass. Get into his head. He fumbled last year to lose the game. He knows he's our bitch and we should of been reminding him on every play. Instead we played bend don't break. Our defense should of been "Break Wallace". And I don't mean injury. I mean break his confidence. Break his will. Get into his head like LSU did to him. We accomplished zero of this. We played deliberate slow football which totally leveled the playing field and we had zero gameplan to harass Wallace endlessly. Our game plan was rookie level no confidence BULLSHIT!! We have the ability to run our offense as fast as anyone. We can go as fast as Oregon, Baylor and Auburn. We don't though because our Head Coach keeps playing ultra conservative football.

Hell yeah x100000000

GTHOM
12-01-2014, 10:26 PM
Did you mean 0.1% or 0.000000000001%? Yeah, I'm being a math smartass. Sorry.

the lowest amount possible