PDA

View Full Version : How could Mullen not be prepared for this?

HoopsDawg
11-30-2014, 06:20 PM
http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2014/09/how_ole_miss_helped_virginia_t.html

Read the above article, it is short. Mullen could have talked to Urban about how to attack this approach. I went back and watched our first possession because that's all I could stomach and Ole Miss ran this defense 4 of our first 6 plays. And we played right into their hands.

We didn't lose this game b/c of the bus ride.

msstate7
11-30-2014, 06:24 PM
I really hope a big school comes calling on wommack. He had more to do with OM's success this year than freeze did

HoopsDawg
11-30-2014, 06:31 PM
I really hope a big school comes calling on wommack. He had more to do with OM's success this year than freeze did

Womack decided he wasn't going to let Dak have his way with Ole Miss they way he did with LSU and AU. He was forcing us to take shots down the field. We responded by running Dak 24 times, LOL. We played right into their hands. We ran 26 times for 64 yards in the first half. That's why we only scored 3 points.

Dak was 6-10 in the first half. Ross and DeRunnya couldn't be stopped. Dan didn't adjust or wasn't prepared for what OM was taking away. And then he has the gall to blame Collins in the postgame. Our plan on offense was worse than Defense.

msstate7
11-30-2014, 06:35 PM
Womack decided he wasn't going to let Dak have his way with Ole Miss they way he did with LSU and AU. He was forcing us to take shots down the field. We responded by running Dak 24 times, LOL. We played right into their hands. We ran 26 times for 64 yards in the first half. That's why we only scored 3 points.

Dak was 6-10 in the first half. Ross and DeRunnya couldn't be stopped. Dan didn't adjust or wasn't prepared for what OM was taking away. And then he has the gall to blame Collins in the postgame. Our plan on offense was worse than Defense.

I'd say equal. We let om's only weapon beat us

Coach34
11-30-2014, 06:38 PM
Some of those were runs because we couldnt get the pass off. They were bringing speed guys off the edge and our OT's just couldnt get them or they would run an X stunt and we were not taking the inside blitzer. Terrible job by the OL- it's like they didnt even practice for any of that. Its really puzzling.

We also tried too much sideways running. What the hell? Why did it take us until the 2nd half to start running North-South? Hell Dan- you could have called me on Monday and I would have told you that shit wasnt going to work. Could have saved us a half of football

HoopsDawg
11-30-2014, 06:39 PM
I'd say equal. We let om's only weapon beat us

It's a close call. To let Evan Engram beat you when you have the perfect weapon, Matt Wells, to stop him that's pretty bad. You would think after Hunter Henry wore us out, we would have a better plan. I give the nod to Mullen b/c Dak threw for 220 in the 2nd half so we clearly could have beaten them through the air and Collins was a little strapped due to our personnel at Safety.

HoopsDawg
11-30-2014, 06:41 PM
Some of those were runs because we couldnt get the pass off. They were bringing speed guys off the edge and our OT's just couldnt get them or they would run an X stunt and we were not taking the inside blitzer. Terrible job by the OL- it's like they didnt even practice for any of that. Its really puzzling.

We also tried too much sideways running. What the hell? Why did it take us until the 2nd half to start running North-South? Hell Dan- you could have called me on Monday and I would have told you that shit wasnt going to work. Could have saved us a half of football

J-Rob also did a poor job of picking up the blitz. It's true, Dan wasted a half of football. Some of the blame has to fall on Hev. We looked clueless vs their 5 man front. 26 carries for 64 yards...atrocious.

I seen it dawg
11-30-2014, 06:44 PM
http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2014/09/how_ole_miss_helped_virginia_t.html

Read the above article, it is short. Mullen could have talked to Urban about how to attack this approach. I went back and watched our first possession because that's all I could stomach and Ole Miss ran this defense 4 of our first 6 plays. And we played right into their hands.

We didn't lose this game b/c of the bus ride.

Good article.

I don't think anyone thinks the bus ride got our asses whipped. Small part and a variable that could have been done differently.

I seen it dawg
11-30-2014, 06:46 PM

Absolutely

GTHOM
12-01-2014, 12:12 AM
When we did take shots down the field Wilson and Ross had some big plays. Evidently we could see that but Mullen couldnt. Its easier to say from where we are but still it was obvious. Im in school to be a coach and have a little experience, and it was easy to see what they were doing. Mullen needs someone in the booth evidently. Defensively it was just inexcusable to let 5 plays beat you

HoopsDawg
12-01-2014, 01:00 AM
When we did take shots down the field Wilson and Ross had some big plays. Evidently we could see that but Mullen couldnt. Its easier to say from where we are but still it was obvious. Im in school to be a coach and have a little experience, and it was easy to see what they were doing. Mullen needs someone in the booth evidently. Defensively it was just inexcusable to let 5 plays beat you

If you want the best example of getting out coached, take a look at the 4th and 3 play in the first half. Womack knew exactly what we were doing.

GTHOM
12-01-2014, 01:04 AM
If you want the best example of getting out coached, take a look at the 4th and 3 play in the first half. Womack knew exactly what we were doing.

Oh theres no doubt, Prewitt even walked down into the box before the snap and we still did it. That was a terrible decision and call if you ask me. Punt the ball, and if your going to go for it, DONT DO EXACTLY WHAT THEY KNOW YOU ARE GOING TO DO. Play action maybe?????

jimbo352
12-01-2014, 09:16 AM
It was still 7-3 at half... We're in a perfect position to strike in the 2nd half, but our D completely sh** the bed. We gave up 24 points in the second half to a team without it's best 2 WR's, and a previously non existent running game. WTF...?

We shit the bed all around, but I have to say the D failed us more than anything else. JMO.

hells bells
12-01-2014, 09:50 AM
Cannot blame either side of the scrimmage line. State was out coached, out played, out scored, and run out of the stadium.

OurState
12-01-2014, 11:15 AM

This. This. This. A million 17ing times this. You run AT that defense, not around it. Maybe the staff never watched any game film?

defiantdog
12-01-2014, 11:24 AM
We took the Bama approach and simply tried to beat OM without having to change our gameplan. Can't blame the offense except for the fact that everyone knows we run the ball after an audible. I'm just confused why our guys weren't pumped for this game.

Dawgface
12-01-2014, 11:31 AM
We took the Bama approach and simply tried to beat OM without having to change our gameplan. Can't blame the offense except for the fact that everyone knows we run the ball after an audible. I'm just confused why our guys weren't pumped for this game.

Their belly was full of turkey from mom's kitchen. ;)

WinningIsRelentless
12-01-2014, 11:35 AM
The offense wasn't the problem. If the d could have got a big stop we had them winded and would have ran the damn football down their throats.

msugolf
12-01-2014, 12:10 PM
Offense was very much a problem. We had 77 yds in the 1st quarter and 80 yds in the 2nd. We knew we had to jump on them quick so that they would lay down but we allowed them to stay in it by being extremely vanilla on offense. Dak had 24 carries ...24 ... that's entirely too many. We didn't spread it around and we didn't take advantage of their overaggressiveness. All you have to do is go back and look at the stats and the participation chart. Where was Myles, Jameon, even Graham? Why has the slot disappeared from our offense? All the stuff we did early on in the year was abandoned late in the season.

Percho
12-01-2014, 01:32 PM
I might need to re-watch the game but it looked to me like what got us started in the second half was the infamous bubble screen.

On the 3rd and four before the missed field goal the bubble screen was wide open for either a first down or score. Course we ran Dak up the middle.

GTHOM
12-01-2014, 01:38 PM
I might need to re-watch the game but it looked to me like what got us started in the second half was the infamous bubble screen.

On the 3rd and four before the missed field goal the bubble screen was wide open for either a first down or score. Course we ran Dak up the middle.

Thank our coaching staff who decided not to gameplan